Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I love the 'Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes'

Actually, it was that line that made me want to know the rest of the lyrics. Rob and Jo used to watch it, and I caught the end one night. Rob clicked on the subtitle thingy on teletext (jeez, that sounds so old-fashioned ) to get the lyrics up, and I've just loved it ever since Took me a bit longer to actually like Red Dwarf though. What can I say? In those days I had no sense of humour Strange how things change, huh?

Aw look, it's the white bunny
    I can't imagine you without a sense of humour! But it is one of the best theme songs ever

Shame that when they brought Red Dwarf back earlier this year it was so utterly pants. Really should have left well alone
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      It was

And how can you say that, Nad? It's a classic of British television from the 90s! Just hearing it takes me back to my schooldays

*joins in the singing*
      Fun fun fun... in the sun sun sun...
      *sighs*
      See we had Telekids in the 90's, so I get where you're coming from. There was much singage.

But, that's why you need to rewrite the lyrics, so it doesn't drive us crazy
      Hm...

It's cold outside,
      Gosh I wish Martin was here,
      I'm all alone,
      More or less.
      But I get by,
      My WooHoos are here,
      Fun, fun, fun,
      HubbaHubba! Yum.

Wet Martin...
      Someone please turn on the hose!
      Drinking wine,
      Orange juice,
      I feel his nose while
      he's licking all my toes,
      Fun, fun, fun,
      HubbaHubba! Yum.
      Fun, fun, fun,
      HubbaHubba! Yum.

...Like that?

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Feel his nose while he's licking all my toes!??
        sigpic

Comment

I can't imagine you without a sense of humour! But it is one of the best theme songs ever

Shame that when they brought Red Dwarf back earlier this year it was so utterly pants. Really should have left well alone
          If you ever get to meet Jo, you ask her She'll tell you I used to be the most straight-laced, po-faced, strict Victorian mother you can imagine I banned Rob from watching all the 'Die Hard' movies because all I saw was the violence, and Rambo and Rocky as well Yet now I love all of them, having actually watched them properly

Oh yeah, my kids could tell you some tales

*makes mental note to never let the shippers and chidlers meet*

Comment

They really futzed with it didn't they? Like so many other TV classics

Nad *dies laughing*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Poetic freedom.
              *nods*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                *sighs*
                See we had Telekids in the 90's, so I get where you're coming from. There was much singage.

Hm...

It's cold outside,
                I'm all alone,
                More or less.
                But I get by,
                My WooHoos are here,
                Fun, fun, fun,
                HubbaHubba! Yum.

Wet Martin...
                Drinking wine,
                Orange juice,
                I feel his nose while
                Fun, fun, fun,
                HubbaHubba! Yum.
                Fun, fun, fun,
                HubbaHubba! Yum.

...Like that?

Yes Yes Yes!!! (Oh, sorry, wrong film ) I knew you could do it! *grabs Nad and twirls her around*

You're brilliant *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Hm...

It's cold outside,
                  I'm all alone,
                  More or less.
                  But I get by,
                  My WooHoos are here,
                  Fun, fun, fun,
                  HubbaHubba! Yum.

Wet Martin...
                  Drinking wine,
                  Orange juice,
                  I feel his nose while
                  Fun, fun, fun,
                  HubbaHubba! Yum.
                  Fun, fun, fun,
                  HubbaHubba! Yum.

...Like that?

Er... maybe...

If you ever get to meet Jo, you ask her She'll tell you I used to be the most straight-laced, po-faced, strict Victorian mother you can imagine I banned Rob from watching all the 'Die Hard' movies because all I saw was the violence, and Rambo and Rocky as well Yet now I love all of them, having actually watched them properly

Oh yeah, my kids could tell you some tales

*makes mental note to never let the shippers and chidlers meet*

I don't believe it

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  They really did Oh well, we have the repeats of the glorious old days to savour

And with that, my lovely Woohoos, I'm off to bed. Night night all!
                  *huggles*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Nad *dies laughing*

Yes Yes Yes!!! (Oh, sorry, wrong film ) I knew you could do it! *grabs Nad and twirls her around*

You're brilliant *hugs*
                    Thanks
                    Odd linguistic things happen in my head after midnight, so I must either sleep or write a childrens book...

I chose the first.

WoodNight!
                    ((((WooHoos))))

sigpic

Comment

Of course! His nose wood be rubbing against my foot........ *mind wanders*

And if he's been wetted by the hose, the water wood be dripping onto me from his hair........*seriously gone this time*

Comment

Of course! His nose wood be rubbing against my foot........ *mind wanders*

And if he's been wetted by the hose, the water wood be dripping onto me from his hair........*seriously gone this time*
                        It wasn't the feeling the nose part so much as the licking all the toes part. I'm terribly ticklish! Alas. Joe will just have to feed me chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider. Where'd that mistletoe go? *looks around*
                        sigpic

Comment

Er... maybe...
                          I don't believe it
                          Victor Meldrew.... yep imagine a female version of that, and you've got what I used to be like

I blame Martin

They really did Oh well, we have the repeats of the glorious old days to savour

And with that, my lovely Woohoos, I'm off to bed. Night night all!
                          *huggles*
                          I never saw the new version, do tell!

WoodNight *hugs Josiane *

WoodNight Nad *squishy hugs*

Comment

It wasn't the feeling the nose part so much as the licking all the toes part. I'm terribly ticklish! Alas. Joe will just have to feed me chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider. Where'd that mistletoe go? *looks around*
                            It's the toe licking that appeals to me......... of course they'd have to be covered in fresh cream first, it's only fair

And since you have to use up fresh cream quickly, I can think of a few other places to put it

Mmmmmmmmmmm *falls over*

Comment

Who'd've thunk a discussion about Red Dwarf could turn so guttery? Go WooHoos! Go WooHoos!!!

Comment

It's the toe licking that appeals to me......... of course they'd have to be covered in fresh cream first, it's only fair

And since you have to use up fresh cream quickly, I can think of a few other places to put it

Mmmmmmmmmmm *falls over*

T H U N K

*daydreams*

Did you see what Dee posted a couple of pages back...think we might have another convert

EDIT: See ^ that's the problem, there's a part of me that worries that I'll never see RD in the same way again .

Comment

Working...
                                X