The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
    I guess you could rephrase that to 'moved from up north'? And even in the south of the UK, you're not really close enough to the equator to get very warm are you? *sigh*
    Nope! And I couldn't cope if we did. Highest it gets here is about 25C and that's waaaay too hot for me Red-haired and fair-skinned

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Nope! And I couldn't cope if we did. Highest it gets here is about 25C and that's waaaay too hot for me Red-haired and fair-skinned
      I've got the fair skin, but blonde hair instead of red. And you guys think a heat wave is anything above about 28C right? I guess it's all relative... when we lived in Darwin anything below 15C overnight and all the blankets wood come out and ugg boots!

Comment

I've got the fair skin, but blonde hair instead of red. And you guys think a heat wave is anything above about 28C right? I guess it's all relative... when we lived in Darwin anything below 15C overnight and all the blankets wood come out and ugg boots!
        ROFL! You're right, it's all relative

I was just watching a stand-up show, and this Irish guy was making jokes about the weather in Oz. Apparently while he was there, the weather forecast was for 27C overnight. He said if they got that forecast in Ireland they'd have got the kids out of bed and taken them to the beach, because that's hotter than they ever get during the day

Comment

Re your sig jumble... I'll help hang the mistletoe, as long as we have a Martin nearby to christen it!

Comment

Re your sig jumble... I'll help hang the mistletoe, as long as we have a Martin nearby to christen it!
            Oh no, you're alright. That's Martin in there asking me to help him hang it

D'you reckon I could get away with taking some with me next July?

Comment

Oh no, you're alright. That's Martin in there asking me to help him hang it

D'you reckon I could get away with taking some with me next July?
              Only if it's still alive! And where are you gonna meet him? You lucky thing, you!

Comment

Only if it's still alive! And where are you gonna meet him? You lucky thing, you!
                At the Sanctuary Experience in Vancouver *bounces*

That's if I haven't had heart failure before I get there at the mere idea of being in the same room as him

Edit: Cags why are you up so late?
                Last edited by Jumble; 18 December 2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

At the Sanctuary Experience in Vancouver *bounces*

That's if I haven't had heart failure before I get there at the mere idea of being in the same room as him
                  *throws beta blockers at Jumble*

*throws broccoli too just in case.*

Yay me, I finished my Shipmas video. *does happy dance*

Oh I forgot to mention earlier, I saw The West Wing in Sainsbury's earlier and snuck it into my trolley.
                  Tell me where I need to get up to to catch up with you Jumble.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    *throws beta blockers at Jumble*

...*throws broccoli too just in case.*
                    You think that will help? I need to be totally sober and level headed, and preferably gagged

Yay me, I finished my Shipmas video. *does happy dance*

Oh I forgot to mention earlier, I saw The West Wing in Sainsbury's earlier and snuck it into my trolley.
                    Tell me where I need to get up to to catch up with you Jumble.
                    I only got as far as the third ep of S2. How much was it, just out of interest?

Comment

Just shy of £45. I have no idea where I will find time to watch. I think I'll have to ask for mod hiatus on my other boards so I can spend the two hours a night watching WW instead.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Just shy of £45. I have no idea where I will find time to watch. I think I'll have to ask for mod hiatus on my other boards so I can spend the two hours a night watching WW instead.
                        Wow! That's cheap. I paid about £50 from Amazon.

Two hours a night? Jeez, that's a lot of time

Comment

Ah the weather...

I think we only have an inch of snow in here. I think I live in the part of the country were the least snow fell, but they are promising us more snow tomorrow*jumps up and down* ...the temperature in here -8C...so FREEZING cold...and a lot of cold wind too...yuck...

*huggles Martin quickly*

...continue the conversation ladies...
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow! That's cheap. I paid about £50 from Amazon.

Two hours a night? Jeez, that's a lot of time
                            Yes. Some nights it can be that or more and sometimes less. Less at the moment because it being Christmas everything dies down but it depends on whether my threads are in a busy phase and whether the folks on the less busy ones are behaving. Jan to March will be manic for me as I'll have two groups with lists to keep for (aproximately 60 to 100 people on the lists). You know what though; I have had so much support there over the years - and I literally would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for the wonderful people I met there, and the advice and supoprt I got. So it's really a very small price to pay.

*huggles Jann for...not enough snow? huh? Hmm *
                            sigpic

Comment

*runs out of the thread... nekkid*

Gotta go lovies! Lunch and the cricket are calling me. Seeya all next time the merry-go-round stops!

Comment

Let's see...It was -20 degrees F here last week. That's...what...-52 for y'all who use C? That's what happens when you live 6,000 feet above sea level.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X