Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning...oh, uh, afternoon Woohoos!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Ok, that's just NOT FAIR!!! Cags and I getting snowed on and not the rest of you *sulks*

I'm babysitting the boys atm. Read a hilarious book earlier called The Diary of a Killer Cat by Anne Fine. Jo was upstairs getting ready to go out and when she came down she'd obviously heard me reading and said 'What book is that? Doesn't sound like good bedtime reading to me '

Well it wasn't my fault. Oren chose it off the kids' bookshelf. I was just reading it properly like I've always been taught. With the proper emphasis, you know?

Sounds like a book I need to look up.

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
    It's in our genes to winge and b**** about stuff

See, that's normally a British thing. Whinge away.

Thanks, just couldn't resist

I was babysitting for Jo

Edit: Most kids drive their parents/carers up the wall now and then, but Joel and Herbie put a new slant on that.....

Priceless! I love the fact Lee is sitting there looking kind of sulky teen. I'm sure he isn't your average sulky teen (hey, how can he be with a Woohoo for a gran) but it's definitely the Look down pat in that picture.

*huggles Bekki* I'm proud of you for doing it but, obviously it's sad to break up with anyone you really like. It is the right thing though, you alrerady know that.

*huggles Amanda* for the hurty chest and sends good luck vibes*

No snow here now but more promised later. Last time it snowed here was 1st February - It was Benjabub's birthday - it started in the evening and by the next morning there was a thick, thick blanket and more coming down. The day after we went up the park and chucked snowballs about. It was the first time he'd really seen snow so it was magical.

I am having a stressy day doing last minute Christmas shopping (on line of course ) because the three people I left for hubby to actually think and buy for... he's utterly failed to do so.

Again.

Every year.

Same old story.

You just wait; tomorrow night we will do the wrapping up and it'll be me doing it all while he watches telly and when I complain he'll say "but you like wrapping presents!" Yes...ok then...

*sigh*

Of course, if he's got me Sanctuary DVD box set for one of my pressies all will be forgiven.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Morning...oh, uh, afternoon Woohoos!

Sounds like a book I need to look up.
      You should, it's soooo funny Or it could just be that Josiane and I share the same warped sense of humour

See, that's normally a British thing. Whinge away.

Priceless! I love the fact Lee is sitting there looking kind of sulky teen. I'm sure he isn't your average sulky teen (hey, how can he be with a Woohoo for a gran) but it's definitely the Look down pat in that picture.
      He was FaceBooking, that's a serious business He often gets that look when I'm being childish indulging the younger ones in their silliness

*huggles Bekki* I'm proud of you for doing it but, obviously it's sad to break up with anyone you really like. It is the right thing though, you alrerady know that.

*huggles Amanda* for the hurty chest and sends good luck vibes*

No snow here now but more promised later. Last time it snowed here was 1st February - It was Benjabub's birthday - it started in the evening and by the next morning there was a thick, thick blanket and more coming down. The day after we went up the park and chucked snowballs about. It was the first time he'd really seen snow so it was magical.

I am having a stressy day doing last minute Christmas shopping (on line of course ) because the three people I left for hubby to actually think and buy for... he's utterly failed to do so.

Again.

Every year.

Same old story.

You just wait; tomorrow night we will do the wrapping up and it'll be me doing it all while he watches telly and when I complain he'll say "but you like wrapping presents!" Yes...ok then...

*sigh*

Of course, if he's got me Sanctuary DVD box set for one of my pressies all will be forgiven.
      I bet he knows you well enough to realise that such a gift wood guarantee you'll forgive him everything he's done, or not done, over this whole year I just feel really sorry for him if he hasn't got it for you

The little girl that's starting with me in January was here for her second visit this morning. She's lovely, I'm really going to enjoy her When Mum came to pick her up, she brought me the BIGGEST box of Thornton's chocolates I've ever seen

I think I'm going to like working for her

Comment

You should, it's soooo funny Or it could just be that Josiane and I share the same warped sense of humour
        I don't think mine is too far removed either so I am sure to like it.

*adds to Amazon wish list*

I bet he knows you well enough to realise that such a gift wood guarantee you'll forgive him everything he's done, or not done, over this whole year I just feel really sorry for him if he hasn't got it for you

*Looks at already wrapped presents from hubby for me!*
        Alas the only shopping he has done is for me and, I can honestly say, unless the Sanctuary box set is in a really slim one-DVD-case-wide casing, I won't be getting that this year... unless he's being ultra sneaky.
        That's the other thing he does though; he wraps my pressies up then leaves them around and says things like "oh look there's your presents, what do you think?" which bugs the crap out of me because I just don't even want to know what they look like until the big day, let alone be actively told to try and work out what they are. If he'd just wrap them and hide them in his sock drawer it would be better.

The little girl that's starting with me in January was here for her second visit this morning. She's lovely, I'm really going to enjoy her When Mum came to pick her up, she brought me the BIGGEST box of Thornton's chocolates I've ever seen

I think I'm going to like working for her
        I think you will but, hmm, no pigging out before SE. You have to look your absolute best for those glam shots of you and Martin!
        I'll take those chocs off your hands if you want.

*wishes Jumble lived closer so could be Benjabubs childminder*

On names, I am normally a serial name shortener with my husband being the expection. Charles is only Charles to me and his immediate family. Everyone else calls him Charlie. I think he's even Charlie on his work's payroll!
        As for me, I am never Caroline to anyone other than family. It's Carrie, Cags, Caggy, Caz, Cazzy, Caro, Carol or - once - Lin. I like them all (except Lin).
        I deliberately picked Benjamin's name because I knew he'd get shortened no matter what and all the variations I was ok with.
        sigpic

Comment

Alas the only shopping he has done is for me and, I can honestly say, unless the Sanctuary box set is in a really slim one-DVD-case-wide casing, I won't be getting that this year... unless he's being ultra sneaky.
          That's the other thing he does though; he wraps my pressies up then leaves them around and says things like "oh look there's your presents, what do you think?" which bugs the crap out of me because I just don't even want to know what they look like until the big day, let alone be actively told to try and work out what they are. If he'd just wrap them and hide them in his sock drawer it would be better.
          ....because of course, you woodn't look there wood you?

I think you will but, hmm, no pigging out before SE. You have to look your absolute best for those glam shots of you and Martin!
          No, you're alright. I'll just pig out over Christmas and then spend seven months trying to work it back off Tbh, I'll probably stress about the whole thing so much I'll look like a wraith by next July

I don't mean a Todd-like Wraith, I mean....... well you know what I mean
          It's a shame isn't it? He's such a cutie, I'm sure we'd have great fun together

*reads again*

Oh, you meant Ben?

On names, I am normally a serial name shortener with my husband being the expection. Charles is only Charles to me and his immediate family. Everyone else calls him Charlie. I think he's even Charlie on his work's payroll!
          As for me, I am never Caroline to anyone other than family. It's Carrie, Cags, Caggy, Caz, Cazzy, Caro, Carol or - once - Lin. I like them all (except Lin).
          I deliberately picked Benjamin's name because I knew he'd get shortened no matter what and all the variations I was ok with.
          When I was at school, people insisted on calling me 'Ju' which I hate, so I used to add the 'Lee' and ended up being called 'Lee'

Funny thing though, I never minded Michael calling me 'Jum'

Comment

....because of course, you woodn't look there wood you?
            Too right I woodn't. Socks go on feet and feet are WRONG!

Even Martin's... although I will concede, based on miniscule video evidence, his are a lot more attractive than RDA's feet which are, truely very, very wrong. I'll happily thunk him from the ankles up.

It's a shame isn't it? He's such a cutie, I'm sure we'd have great fun together

*reads again*

Oh, you meant Ben?

Sometimes I wonder which one is the bigger kid.

Funny thing though, I never minded Michael calling me 'Jum'

Well there are always exceptions to every rule and often it's the ones we care about the most that we don't care about the details so much. If you know what I mean.
            sigpic

Comment

Even Martin's... although I will concede, based on miniscule video evidence, his are a lot more attractive than RDA's feet which are, truely very, very wrong. I'll happily thunk him from the ankles up.
              Hmmm.........

Possibly not enough of the feet showing to make a finite assessment, but I reckon there's enough to convince me that there's no part of him that I woodn't thunk

But you're right, most feet are best kept covered up!

Sometimes I wonder which one is the bigger kid.
              I'm sure there's a guttery answer in there somewhere............

Well there are always exceptions to every rule and often it's the ones we care about the most that we don't care about the details so much. If you know what I mean.
              True, and he was exceptional in every way

Comment

I have a problem with shortening peoples' names, I just don't like it I absolutely hate when people call Martin 'Marty'
                I don't mind.

I blame Martin
                Don't you mean Marty?

*runs*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  *pops in*

Hello Woohoos! I haven't caught up yet, but I shall verrrry soon!

OT news, a bit sad, but you would be proud of me...

Spoiler:
                  I 'broke up' with my 'boyfriend' today Last I told you guys, we had decided to be together but not officially, which was going swell, except that we havent seen eachother every day like we used to, now that our course is over. So I asked him if he still wanted to be together, and he said yes. I then asked if he wanted to be together officially. He said no. He liked things the way they were. I told him I couldn't do that anymore, and that the idea that he might be with other girls was upsetting me a bit. We talked about that for a while, and tried to figure out what to do about it, because both of us wanted to stay together. He told me that he actually still does like that other girl I told you about a while ago, and I told him that I couldn't share him. Then I told him I'm in love with him, and we talked about that for a while, deduced that I was much more serious about our relationship than him, and came to the conclusion that this could only work if we were just friends. So we broke up.

On the upside, I finally followed your advice, Woohoos, and wouldn't compromise on what I wanted! I was assertive and told him what upset me, and though he didn't want the same things as me, he understood completely. We're going to stay friends though, because we love eachother (even if he's not in love with me, he loves me...if that makes sense) and we work together really really well, we just dont want the same things. So we will just hang out and have fun.

It's hard and I'm really really sad, I've been crying all afternoon, but I'm proud of myself. I just visited my mum and told her; she is proud of me too. I decided I love me more than I love him. Woohoo me

So yeah...that's the end of that.

Woohoo hug?

Edit: Woohood! Jann's using her SS sig! *happy dance*
                  *huggles Bekki tightly* Well done you, doesn't make it any easier I know but it sounds as though it was the right decision all round

Thanks, just couldn't resist

I was babysitting for Jo

Edit: Most kids drive their parents/carers up the wall now and then, but Joel and Herbie put a new slant on that.....
                  @ the boys, looks like they were having fun anyway !

*huggles Amanda* hope you're feeling better soon hun

Off back to snowy Scarborough tonight to indulge in a little carol singing - now it really feels like Christmas !

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    I don't mind.

Don't you mean Marty?

*runs*

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    *huggles Bekki tightly* Well done you, doesn't make it any easier I know but it sounds as though it was the right decision all round

@ the boys, looks like they were having fun anyway !

I have to say, I really don't take my babysitting duties too seriously. Bedtimes are usually ignored, sometimes to the point where I end up lugging them upstairs when they fall asleep The only thing I really stick to is what they're not allowed to watch on the tv, because that's one thing I feel strongly about.

Apparently, when their Grandad babysits they're all in bed by 8pm

Guess who their favourite grandparent is?

*huggles Amanda* hope you're feeling better soon hun

Off back to snowy Scarborough tonight to indulge in a little carol singing - now it really feels like Christmas !
                    Wrap up warm and have fun *hugs*

Comment

Well done, Bekki!! Hang in there, kiddo, it gets easier.

RDA's feet have actually been reconstructed a couple of times. I blame the drs for any nonthunkableness his feet may have.

Wood morning Woohoos!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to say it...but I just can't thunk feet Anything above that okay...but...feet...they're weird...

and just heard that if I would have went to school today I probably wouldn't have been able to come home! The station I depart from is sort of "closed" Should I hug my doctor for the thursday afternoon appointment now?
                        sigpic

Comment

Jann: be happy!!! I had some an appointment today, and I didn't go by car because I hate driving in the snow, it scares me. So I decided to go with bus...What in going there was all okay but when going back...well not so much. The busses didn't drive anymore...And it ended up with me having to walk home. What in general I don't mind but it was a 2 and a half hour walk...In snow, or sometimes even worse, ice!!

All i can say I am happy to be home even if I have to clean now...It's better then being outside

to be honest: this is soooooo not my week. Can it be next week already?!!!

Comment

Aw *hugs Eve* That's just not funny

I went to the school to collect Joanna and just as I got there it started to snow/sleet/hail alternately - and the whole school had gone to the local church for a Christmas service and were walking back to the school Poor kids got soaked and frozen

On the bright side, apart from a few hours on Tuesday I'm now done with work until the 4th January So I can just snuggle up indoors and care not a jot how much it snows

Comment

*huggles Woohoos*

*extra huge squishy huggles for Bekki* Well done you

*hot water bottle huggles for Eve*

*hugs Jann's Doctor*

I'm soooo glad this week is nearly over!! School finishes tomorrow so my diary is completely clear No more Christmas Fayres to organise, Santa letters to write and presents to wrap, elves to impersonate, Discos, School Plays or Sing-a-longs!! *phew*

*flops on sofa*

*makes sure feet are covered *
                              sigpic

Comment

*squishy huggles Bekki* I'm so proud of you, well done Particularly on the bolded ^^^ Glad you realise that

Oh, too late to worry about that, it's been lost for a while now

So truePlenty of time to find the right person

No problem

*sends good vibes to Amanda* All you can do is do your best, no point in stressing about it at this point.

So will that be the end of the exams for the time being?
                                Yup those were my last two finals, so now no school until January 19th!
                                Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                That's weird. The only person that still calls me Jasmina all the time is Jumble. And sometimes Josi

Ah! Well... that explains a lot then...
                                It was weird...I was in a serious mood.

Same here! My Mom wraps them and it bothers me because I'll be thinking about what it is. Though she only has one of mine wrapped (a few of my brother's in case he came over here unexpectedly) and it's my Stargate ornament! *hugs my Dad* I'm crossing my fingers that my parents got me Sanctuary, it was on the list. But I realized I forgot to put down AoT/Continuum two disc set. Darn it.

My parents did the same thing, sort of. They had tossed around the idea of Mandy (*winces*) but decided to go with Amanda in case I didn't like that name. (which I don't) And I go by Manda, Manderz (Cousin came up with that name, my parents called me it and it's hilarious because my church friends picked it up from my cousin and call me that, and my one friend from school does as well) or Mandalay (again...cousin ) and of course Amanda.

Thanks for the hugs by the way! I don't think I did so good with my Chemistry...we don't get our grades back until the 28th so I'm not worried about that now.

On the really bright side I got 95/100 on my psychology test, after I took it my teacher graded it right away and she saw me in the hall and gave my grade to me.

And it so doesn't feel like Christmas, for the record.

Um...can you tell that ^ picture in the snow is one of my favorites?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X