The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    It's a common name, which is why I chose it Anonymity was definitely not something associated with my previous surname

Oh I don't mean your Nan is 'common', I mean there's lots of people with that name

Edit: See? Everyone knows someone with that name
    Well yes she probably was actually!
    It just struck me because I know she lived in and around your area when my mum was small. Although originally her family were from Yorkshire.

Actually my nan was far from common. She grew up in India, married a guy quite a bit older than her (hmm...) who was in the army out there. He was killed in WWII and at the end of the war she temporarily housed a German POW who was waiting to be repatriated... with whom she had an affair and whose family my mum still keeps in contact with. Oh and she drove fork lift trucks during the war, made the best cup of tea in the world and had the same birthday as me.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Cags does that mean you and Jumble are related?!?! Scary...
    Nope, Moore is a really common name.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      It just struck me because I know she lived in and around your area when my mum was small. Although originally her family were from Yorkshire.

Actually my nan was far from common. She grew up in India, married a guy quite a bit older than her (hmm...) who was in the army out there. He was killed in WWII and at the end of the war she temporarily housed a German POW who was waiting to be repatriated... with whom she had an affair and whose family my mum still keeps in contact with. Oh and she drove fork lift trucks during the war, made the best cup of tea in the world and had the same birthday as me.
      That sounds like an interesting grandmother Awesome!

Ah; I didn't knew that. Before Jumble I had never heard of it
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I like the sound of your Nan I could tell you stories.................

Moore was actually Jo's dad's name (whom I never married) and her name of course. So when I wanted to get rid of my legal name I decided that Moore was simple and common enough not to be noticed

When we were deciding on a name change, I asked Robin if he wanted to keep his name (which was the one I wanted to get rid of) or change it. He said he wanted to change it. To Hood So I had to explain that what I meant was, did he want to change it to Moore so that he was the same as Jo and me He was only 5, poor kid, but he decided in the end he'd like to be the same as us.

How close we came to being the Hood family

Which rhymes with Wood............

Comment

Spoilered for OT ramblings in responds to Cags story
          Spoiler:
          Aww I love stories about things like that. The woman who was like a second grandmother to me (My Aunt, actually great-great Aunt, she moved back to Germany a few years ago ) was in Germany and my Uncle was station over there after the Korean War (as an American), he was older than her, and fell in love and got married, and because she loved him so much they decided to move back over here. She couldn't speak *any* English and she was in a country that she didn't know that much about, but she had my Uncle. I interviewed her for school and did a report on her a few years back and it brings tears to my eyes because of all she's been through (WWII as a child(her Dad died in it), coming to a foreign country, having a few miscarriages (never had any kids), losing my uncle about 16 years ago to cancer, deciding to stay here because his family through the years had become her family as well, 9/11 causing her family who flew in every summer to not want to fly in so she didn't she them for about 5 years, and then finally going back to Germany). I miss her

Last edited by Regularamanda; 15 December 2009, 04:29 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            Spoilered for OT ramblings in responds to Cags story
            Spoiler:
            Aww I love stories about things like that. The woman who was like a second grandmother to me (My Aunt, actually great-great Aunt, she moved back to Germany a few years ago ) was in Germany and my Uncle was station over there after the Korean War (as an American), he was older than her, and fell in love and got married, and because she loved him so much they decided to move back over here. She couldn't speak *any* English and she was in a country that she didn't know that much about, but she had my Uncle. I interviewed her for school and did a report on her a few years back and it brings tears to my eyes because of all she's been through (WWII as a child(her Dad died in it), coming to a foreign country, having a few miscarriages (never had any kids), losing my uncle about 16 years ago to cancer, deciding to stay here because his family through the years had become her family as well, 9/11 causing her family who flew in every summer to not want to fly in so she didn't she them for about 5 years, and then finally going back to Germany). I miss her

And Martin says: "You're doing what to whom? And why do I have to be here for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              I was going to compliment Bekki on the toilet rolls and TPI on the poem and I'm positive there was more, untill I saw another Martin grabbing pic. Now I'm all shook up. *nods*

...And it's funny how fast a status can change from being the thread starter with Power, to the thread's silly child by jumping on and falling off furniture...
              Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              Congrats on your 69 post, Josi

And great poem, TPI !
              Thanks both of you! As you can probably tell, I'm thrilled about Sanctuary. Haven't seen an episode yet, but I still love it! Thanks to Damian...who I now have a new picture of...!!

So, saw New Moon for the first time yesterday. About fifteen minutes in I wondered, "How would Martin...Wood have directed this?" And at the end of the movie I had my answer: He would have directed it...better. (Anyone want a really, really long OT rant about how terribly written/directed New Moon was? Just say the word! )

-----

Hey, I just realized there are two guests here currently! Wonder who they are...
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

An invitation for an upcoming event (respectfully spoiled for those who are not interested):

Spoiler:

Hugs to all!!!

And I'm gettin ready for the Shippy Hippy party too!

Comment

Gags, you should write your Nan's story into a book! It'd be a big hit!
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                    *dances nekkid*

lols at the name stories. I want a common last name too. My foreign name always causes my teachers to know my name before most others...
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs WooHoos*
                      *dances nekkid*

lols at the name stories. I want a common last name too. My foreign name always causes my teachers to know my name before most others...
                      That was another good reason for us to change ours

Comment

Ah...last names...common or not...I think mine is in between. Funny part, English people can't pronounce it...it's the "ij" combination in the middle...
                        Teacher never remember my name the first class, my first name is very common in the netherlands...still...something that has to do with my personality does make them remember my name. If I have a class which I find boring and am quiet in; no name reckognition...when am I ...me...they know my name the second week of our classes..

*thunks Martin*
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh good grief, it's snowing! SNOWING!!! As if it thinks it's winter or something

In the last couple of years we've had snow in October and April, not in December FCOL! Next thing we know, it'll be snowing at Christmas

Oooooh lookeeee.....

This calls for a picspam methinks......

Yes, I know I posted that one yesterday, but I like it OK?

Comment

It's snowing here too Jumble. I West London? Unheard of this time of year. It's actually settling... on my clematis which is still flowering! I hope my strawberry plants will survive.

No doubt it means Charles will phone me up in about half an hour to say traffic is mad and he won't be home at two pm as expected.

EDIT; I just gave Benjabubs a hot chocolate (as a warm up because we went outside in the snow for a bit) and he's just announced he's finished it and now wants to go to the beach. Umm...
                            sigpic

Comment

It's snowing here too Jumble. I West London? Unheard of this time of year. It's actually settling... on my clematis which is still flowering! I hope my strawberry plants will survive.

No doubt it means Charles will phone me up in about half an hour to say traffic is mad and he won't be home at two pm as expected.
                              It's settling here too. Farnham has come to a standstill already Why couldn't it wait until next week when all the school/nursery runs are done and I don't have to go out in it?

EDIT; I just gave Benjabubs a hot chocolate (as a warm up because we went outside in the snow for a bit) and he's just announced he's finished it and now wants to go to the beach. Umm...
                              Go on, admit it, you want to go to the beach too don't you? I'm sure it's not snowing in Malibu

Comment

*runs in...nekkid*

*hugs everyone...nekkid*

I have a final today () so hopefully I pass it okay, considering I didn't even make an attempt to study. Ad I have two tests to study for tomorrow, so won't be on much today. :rollseyes: Do you see how this thing called "school" takes away from my fandom time?

*runs out...nekkid*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X