No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my *thunks* double stubble, toil and trouble!!!

And tongue thunk and finger thunk at that! (good grief, for people who don't know the meaning of thunk, that could seem a very rude sentence )

I've had a very productive day today I'm making all my christmas presents this year because I have no money to buy them I'm very nearly finished! I'll post photos when I'm done...despite the fact that my RL artworking skills are equal to a five year old's, I'm very proud of them

*stares at the stubble*

mmmmmmm....
    sigpic

Comment

Home-made pressies are great! It means you've taken the time and trouble to really think about them and make them special

Sooo......... what did you make for me? Faked me a keycard for Martin's hotel room next July? No? Oh well...

*hugs Bekki*

Comment

Oh Jumbly, I'd love to make you a Christmas present!!! If you send me your address, I'll make you a pretty

I'm uploading some photos of my presents, I shall post them

*gets distracted by snowy Martin*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          Oh Jumbly, I'd love to make you a Christmas present!!! If you send me your address, I'll make you a pretty

I'm uploading some photos of my presents, I shall post them

*gets distracted by snowy Martin*
          *hugs Bekki* I was joking, really

Can't wait to see those pics

Should I risk more distraction

Comment

Jumbly - Aw, but I wanna!!!

Ok - here are my presents.

For one friend, I made a toilet roll doll nativity (I have a tradition of making toilet roll presents...the first professional show I did I made the whole cast a toilet roll doll of themselves...hehehe, does anyone here know the umbilical brothers? they're facmous over here...one of them has a special-made toilet roll doll )

Anyhoo, part of the magic of the toilet roll doll is that it looks like it's been made by a four year old True collectors item!

Toilet roll doll nativity

Spoiler:

And for another friend I recreated the game Cluedo, to make a DLDC edition (DLDC is the name of the place where I did my dance course this year...with that other friend) It took AGES!, but I'm proud of it

Spoiler:

(the rule book that I made for the game)

Phew - hard work Can't wait to give them away!
            sigpic

Comment

Aw Bekki, they're gorgeous, well done

Ok, if you insist, I'll pm you because now I really want a t-roll doll of Martin, complete with special tool

Comment

Hey WoohooS. I'm back!!!!!

*hears groans*

What?

*happy dances about Sanctuary S3* I'm happy about the guys at SG too, but I still haven't been able to force myself to watch that show yet

*jumps on the couch just because she can*

*skips out to catch up on other threads*

p.s. Bekki, I love the toilet rolls.
                sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jasmina* Good to see you back

Hopefully you'll be able to stay with us now, and don't forget it's Martinmas starting on Monday

Welcome back piccies....

Comment

Bekki, they are very,very cool. When you said toilet roll doll I have an image of this:

Spoiler:

Which is so very not cool but which I clearly remember my nan having a passion for.

Last year I did home made presents too. I made Scotch tablet, coconut ice, shortbread, strawberry jam, apple and ginger jam and Turkish delight and packaged them all up for everyone in neat little prettily wrapped boxes. I had originally planned to make soaps and bath smellies for everyone this year but didn't get my finger out in time to get all the stuff I need for that. There's always next year though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cags, my granny used to make those too A new one every Christmas

My daughter-in-law started making soaps and face creams earlier this year. The Christmas package I got yesterday smells fairly soapy, so I guess that's what she's sending everyone this year

Do you know that nurseries are no longer allowed to use t-roll inners for the kids' artwork? OFSTED do love to be major killjoys

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Cags, my granny used to make those too A new one every Christmas

My daughter-in-law started making soaps and face creams earlier this year. The Christmas package I got yesterday smells fairly soapy, so I guess that's what she's sending everyone this year
                        Oh get her to call me and tell me where the heck she gets lye from. Or what she used instead!
                        That was my biggest problem. Can' find anyone who sells it and it's sort of vital in making soap.

Do you know that nurseries are no longer allowed to use t-roll inners for the kids' artwork? OFSTED do love to be major killjoys

You're kidding right? Um, why?

(Killjoys indeed).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          *huggles Jasmina* Good to see you back

Hopefully you'll be able to stay with us now, and don't forget it's Martinmas starting on Monday

Welcome back piccies....

Thanks! Pretty pics!

/fangurls
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Oh get her to call me and tell me where the heck she gets lye from. Or what she used instead!
                            That was my biggest problem. Can' find anyone who sells it and it's sort of vital in making soap.
                            I don't know about lye, but what she uses is coconut oil, or contact [email protected] who I bought some from

You're kidding right? Um, why?

(Killjoys indeed).
                            I don't know exactly, but I suspect it's a hygeine issue since t-rolls are used in toilets

Edit: I seem to have missed this...

Comment

Seems to be my week for having tearful daughter phonecalls

Jo this time, trying to tell me through splutters and tears "It's alright, I'm alright, I'm happy!" Apparently she was crying with relief, because the Council had sorted out the screw-up they'd made of her rent account which had resulted in them sending her an Eviction Notice So now she doesn't owe them the £1,200 they said she did, and she won't be on the street with four kids right before Christmas

Honestly, it's one of those cases where one dept. didn't check with the other before scaring the heck out of us all

Edit: Antiques prog on the tv, I just heard "There's a lot to be said for a nice piece of Wood!"

Closely followed by "He's not exactly a good-looking man, is he?"
                              Last edited by Jumble; 15 December 2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Awww but that's good to hear about Jo, Jumble. Though that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Oh and of course I'm cold over here and what pops up? That 'keep me warm' Martin sig I made for your birthday.

*waves at Jas*

Bekki the toilet roll navity was very cute! Awesome job!

And I happen to remember my grandma making those toiler paper covers too. Heh.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X