The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *giggles* I read that spoiler before it was edited, and I very much enjoyed it! *sneaky sneaky* ...I don't know whay that was in asterixes...sneaky is not a verb...

Anywoohoo, I'm actually quite glad I caught it! Now I'm even more excited for season 2! And it's a non-spoilery spoiler so I havent...spoiled...myself

I HAVE A BLOCKED EAR AND I CANT HEAR ANYTHING!!! (and I just typed 'here' instead of 'hear'! It's addling my brain! Wood grief!)
    Hehe, good

Oh My Gosh! Bekki has the phonetic ear disease!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Oh er, ah, and SGU too...

*bounces slightly less enthusiastically but still delighted*

(Sorry, much as I am enjoying SGU, I don't love it quite as much as I do Sanctuary... yet anyway. It's still only half a season in and has caused me to gasp at least twice so it's promising and I think, year 2 is usually the one that makes or breaks most fans).
    I have to admit that I have stopped watching.
    The show doesn't air here, so I have to make an effort to see it and I didn't find it worth it anymore... Love some of the actors and the PTB, but really... Meh.
    I do hope it'll be a succes, and hat it goes on for a while, but I have given up. And it's not like I matter for the ratings anyway.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Hehe.
      There's nothing else?

D'oh! I forgot it's monday today.
      And the one after that? Any ideas yet?

EDIT: ...Are character appearances spoilers? If so, I should go back to edit
      Should be 'Sleepers' I think.

I spoiled it just in case Sarai hadn't heard it *shrugs*

Sanctuary renewed... pah, was there ever any doubt!

Seriously though...

*bounces up and down on the sofa in delight*

I think I speak for everyone here when I say AWESOME!!!
      I'm just a little worried about the '20 eps' part.

Oh er, ah, and SGU too...

*bounces slightly less enthusiastically but still delighted*

(Sorry, much as I am enjoying SGU, I don't love it quite as much as I do Sanctuary... yet anyway. It's still only half a season in and has caused me to gasp at least twice so it's promising and I think, year 2 is usually the one that makes or breaks most fans).
      I think the long wait for the next ep might just put me off, especially since I just know I'm going to be disappointed
      Spoiler:
      when Rush gets rescued. It's bound to happen, but I can at least for a while enjoy the idea that he might really be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I think the long wait for the next ep might just put me off, especially since I just know I'm going to be disappointed
        Spoiler:
        when Rush gets rescued. It's bound to happen, but I can at least for a while enjoy the idea that he might really be gone.
        ROFL. But how do you really feel?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          I absolutely love Rush and I am going to be really sad until the episode when he comes back...
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit I don't know how many there are this year. I know there was 13 last year and that was about right for me. Are you worried there are too many (and quality might suffer) or not enough (and they're just gap filling for something more important) ?

Spoiler:
            Oh I know what you mean...
            It's not really fair we have to wait so long is it. Whose daft idea is that?

SGU spoilers
            Spoiler:

And on Rush, you know I did gasp when he got left behind because I was NOT expecting it. Just the fact that Young would do something like that seemed... jarring. Not necessarily in a good way and, I think, part of SGU's problem is that there is nobody there that's really likeable to me. There's no clear leader and even if you did say Young was in charge he's just not terribly nice - weak, stupid and flawed but not in a good way. I don't want my heros to be flawless but I'd like them to be basically good people, with some strength of character, moral fibre and trying to do the right thing.... I've just described Jack again haven't I?

Anyway, I'm not so sure about Rush being rescued... this series doesn't take the easy way out and I can't for the life of me get my head around how they will get him back on the ship given the set up they've presented us with so far. It'll be interesting to see how they do it, for sure.
            Beyond that, if they make me stop and think "blimey, that was...ummm...errr..." a few more times then I think I might make it into proper fandom. As much as I can anyway. I never loved SGA as much as I loved SG-1 so my expectations are not massive.
            Oh and if they can just keep from trotting our RDA (mush as I adore seeing him) to prop things up all the time too...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post

Spoiler:
              I absolutely love Rush and I am going to be really sad until the episode when he comes back...
              To each their own I guess *shrugs*

I'm ashamed to admit I don't know how many there are this year. I know there was 13 last year and that was about right for me. Are you worried there are too many (and quality might suffer) or not enough (and they're just gap filling for something more important) ?
              They've had to work their socks off in order to produce 13 eps, how the heck are they going to make 20 without doing themselves an injury or reducing the quality of the show?

Ok, so they'll get more people on board, but if that means Martin directs fewer eps I won't be happy, eEspecially if incoming directors change the dynamic, even slightly.

Personally, I'd take quality over quantity every time.

Plus, of course, their is the question of how Movie 3 can be fitted in. Can't be done without AT or Martin IMO.

Oh I know what you mean...
              It's not really fair we have to wait so long is it. Whose daft idea is that?

SGU spoilers
              Spoiler:

And on Rush, you know I did gasp when he got left behind because I was NOT expecting it. Just the fact that Young would do something like that seemed... jarring. Not necessarily in a good way and, I think, part of SGU's problem is that there is nobody there that's really likeable to me. There's no clear leader and even if you did say Young was in charge he's just not terribly nice - weak, stupid and flawed but not in a good way. I don't want my heros to be flawless but I'd like them to be basically good people, with some strength of character, moral fibre and trying to do the right thing.... I've just described Jack again haven't I?

Anyway, I'm not so sure about Rush being rescued... this series doesn't take the easy way out and I can't for the life of me get my head around how they will get him back on the ship given the set up they've presented us with so far. It'll be interesting to see how they do it, for sure.
              Beyond that, if they make me stop and think "blimey, that was...ummm...errr..." a few more times then I think I might make it into proper fandom. As much as I can anyway. I never loved SGA as much as I loved SG-1 so my expectations are not massive.
              Oh and if they can just keep from trotting our RDA (mush as I adore seeing him) to prop things up all the time too...

SGU spoilers
              Spoiler:
              He's been left on a planet that just happens to have an abandoned spaceship handy, the first one we've seen so far. So glaringly not a coincidence.

I've enjoyed SGU so far (despite my utter failure to like Rush), but I'm not sure I will if that happens.

Comment

To each their own I guess *shrugs*

They've had to work their socks off in order to produce 13 eps, how the heck are they going to make 20 without doing themselves an injury or reducing the quality of the show?

Ok, so they'll get more people on board, but if that means Martin directs fewer eps I won't be happy, eEspecially if incoming directors change the dynamic, even slightly.

Personally, I'd take quality over quantity every time.
                Yes, me too. Who knows though; as you say they might get more people on board to help - well, they'd have to wouldn't they. Or they might commision 20 and actually agree to only make 13 or 15 or something. It happens from time to time.

Plus, of course, their is the question of how Movie 3 can be fitted in.
                I wasn't even thinking about that. Actually can't see it happening for some time and wouldn't be at all surprised if we're sitting here this time next year and they've only just started filming (if even that).

SGU spoilers
                Spoiler:
                He's been left on a planet that just happens to have an abandoned spaceship handy, the first one we've seen so far. So glaringly not a coincidence.

I've enjoyed SGU so far (despite my utter failure to like Rush), but I'm not sure I will if that happens.
                Ah well yes...

SGU Speculation
                Spoiler:
                There is that and that was my first thought, but that was swiftly followed by the fact he has no (virtually no) tools, spare parts, knowledge of the design etc. and there's not exactly an abundance of food and water on said planet. Does Rush have very good survival skills? We may yet see. I think they'll go down the route of having a few episodes featuring him struggling on his own before we get the big save. Either it will be some aliens who come along or the ship will double back for some reason... or he'll find some gate addresses on the ship and gate to another world and they'll, by fluke chance, find him there.
                Or, well, you never know he might end up becoming possessed by some big bad alien entity thing and become a baddie for a few episodes? Or actually get killed off? Who knows what Robert Carlyle commited to in his contract and he may have agreed only one season ever?

So yes, I think they may surprise us yet.
                sigpic

Comment

SGU

Spoiler:
                  Am I the only one who was cheering Young on with "LEAVE HIM, LEAVE HIM, LEAVE HIM." and then "OMG YESSSSSS!" Followed by, "wow, Jack O'Neill will have a fit, he's left somebody behind!" I found that part to be the most exciting part of the episode. LOL.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

SGU:
                    Spoiler:
                    No Rush? That would be so aweful...unless he comes back like a certain character I love
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Yes, me too. Who knows though; as you say they might get more people on board to help - well, they'd have to wouldn't they. Or they might commision 20 and actually agree to only make 13 or 15 or something. It happens from time to time.
                      I really hope they can sort it out without losing the Sanctuary Magic. Sanctuary is special for so many reasons, I don't want to see it spoiled by it's own uniqueness and popularity.

Dumb, I know, but that this has really brought me down all day

I wasn't even thinking about that. Actually can't see it happening for some time and wouldn't be at all surprised if we're sitting here this time next year and they've only just started filming (if even that).
                      Probably.

Ah well yes...

SGU Speculation
                      Spoiler:
                      There is that and that was my first thought, but that was swiftly followed by the fact he has no (virtually no) tools, spare parts, knowledge of the design etc. and there's not exactly an abundance of food and water on said planet. Does Rush have very good survival skills? We may yet see. I think they'll go down the route of having a few episodes featuring him struggling on his own before we get the big save. Either it will be some aliens who come along or the ship will double back for some reason... or he'll find some gate addresses on the ship and gate to another world and they'll, by fluke chance, find him there.
                      Or, well, you never know he might end up becoming possessed by some big bad alien entity thing and become a baddie for a few episodes? Or actually get killed off? Who knows what Robert Carlyle commited to in his contract and he may have agreed only one season ever?

So yes, I think they may surprise us yet.
                      SGU
                      Spoiler:
                      I think maybe they'll use it show us how wonderfully clever he is. He is the tech guy after all. Maybe this will be where he proves himself and manages to increase his popularity. Not holding my breath.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                      SGU

Spoiler:
                      Am I the only one who was cheering Young on with "LEAVE HIM, LEAVE HIM, LEAVE HIM." and then "OMG YESSSSSS!" Followed by, "wow, Jack O'Neill will have a fit, he's left somebody behind!" I found that part to be the most exciting part of the episode. LOL.
                      SGU
                      Spoiler:
                      I was cheering right along with you there. Must admit the second part of your comment hadn't occurred to me, but then I make no connection whatsoever between SGU and SG1.

Comment

*pops in to wave at WhooHoos*

*happy dancing over SGU/Sanctuary renewals*

And..tbh...even if you're only "meh" about SGU...it still keeps Stargate alive. And a franchise that's still on the air in some form or another has a much better chance of getting those movies made than one that's fizzled into history. Sooo....

Okay. Back to writing decorating. As you were.
                        sigpic

Comment

*stumbles in* Wood morning, Woohoos. *yawn* Hark, is this a serious discussion I see? Careful, GW will crash.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            *stumbles in* Wood morning, Woohoos. *yawn* Hark, is this a serious discussion I see? Careful, GW will crash.
                            Well, that would be just awesome
                            sigpic

Comment

I was going to say something about SGU...but I'm just gonna second what APA said.

And I'm with Nad...any new's if the airing episodes will be different between the USA/UK? Because I know the one that's now the 11th was supposed to be the 10th...and since Nad loves a certain character in an episode...and I adore the other character...if they are at different times, is there a way that we could wait to discuss both of them till we're both caught up?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Okay so I just looked for us, the episode that Nad's waiting for airs this Friday for the US...and then we have a 3 week break over the holidays till January 8th...any clue if you guys in the UK have the same kind of break?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X