X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    k?

Who broke the Ship Appreciation Thread? /eyes Rodney

And where's Siler and his wrench when you need them?
    Sky and Bagpuss have shut it down so they can try to fix the missing pages problem

Ooops! I think he broke it They've opened up a new thread
    Last edited by Jumble; 12 December 2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Wood afternoon, Woohoos

I have just spent the last 15 minutes catching up on the thread and explaining its intricacies to my brother's gf...she doesn't quite get our...uniqueness...yet

I am enjoying all the Christmas talk My family have the same Christmas every year - I find it very comforting that we have such a routine. For some reason, we have a traditional Christmas roast, which makes Christmas bloody hot! It's nice though, because we dont care about the heat, we want our Christmas to be like northern hemisphere Christmases!!! Lots of Australians have seafood or a bbq for Christmas, it's much more...Auzzie that way. But my family like to do it the 'traditional' way
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think it matters so much what's on the table as who's around it. My family has been known to do all sorts of stuff for Christmas dinner. We've had bbq ribs (oh yum!), and some sort of shrimp thing my dad did one year (oh yum again!), the traditional turkey, ham, roast. I would love to do seafood, but it's too expensive this time of year! I've also been trying to incorporate some tradition from further back, like vereniki (Ukranian dumplings...think perogi). This year, Christmas dinner is with the in-laws, so dinner will be fairly unimaginative and also quite somber due to recent events.
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs LJ just because*

It's funny my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day has changed through the years...we used to go over to my Aunt's and my grandma on my Mom's side on Christmas Eve but since my Aunt moved to Germany and my Grandmother passed away, we now spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's sister's family. This year that's at our house so it'll be fun. Lots of snack type of foods (cheese, crackers, sausage things wrapped in bacon...) Christmas Day, however, is pretty much lazying around the house with just my parents. Then we'll go over to my Mom's sisters house...and that'll be pretty boring. Don't get me wrong I love them but my Dad's sister's family and us click so much (We go to the same church so we spend a lot of time together) and my Mom's sister's side just...doesn't.

*huggles rest of woohoos*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*runz through thread nekkid, on way to bed* Woooood niiiiiiight!
            sigpic

Comment

WoodNight LJ

Amanda, we call those 'sausage things wrapped in bacon' Pigs in Blankets Yum!

Comment

*giggles at Luvnjack running nekkid through the thread*

*joins in*

Heheheh!
                sigpic

Comment

*jumps on the couch again, because Cags said it's OK*
                  *jumps*
                  *jumps*
                  *falls off*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    *jumps on the couch again, because Cags said it's OK*
                    *jumps*
                    *jumps*
                    *falls off*
                    Oh dear!

Don't blame me when you need knee/ankle/back surgery to fix whatever damage you have done to yourself.
                    (And they say I am a bad influence... )

LJ I think you hit the nail on the head there. It's not what is for dinner or what you got in your present that counts. It's who you share your time with that counts.
                    ((((huggles)))) for this year and recent events.

Bekki an Aussie christmas on the beach sounds like paradise for me. The problem here is, ok it's cold but it usually miserable. We don't get snow - not over Chirstmas anyway - so we don't really have a Christmassy feel going on anyway. I'd rather do the hot and sunny thing or be holed up in some Bavarian castle with a roaring log fire, all snowed in and a 20 foot tree and a massive banquet. Actually the castle doens't have to be Bavarian - it just sounds way cooler that way.
                    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Woohoos*

I'm sneaking in here... (told ya I could probably not go without GW...my addiction)

*looks at Nad jumping and falling of the couc*

Okay...what did you guys feed her? Too much broccoli again? *sighs*...so she is on a broccoli rush..so dangerous....
                      sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in* Anyone missed me?

I'll put some of my personal rambling in these --

Spoiler:
                        My reason for staying away is simply because I've had a really difficult time, emotionally. There was this guy that I like, but it maybe goes a bit beyond like, but he could never like me because I'm not his type, and according to him I'm just a nice girl who is a friend. I first struggled with that, and of course, I have to work with him so it made it worse. Then I realised things about myself were different (and so much so, I can't say it here) but it's had me in tears all week, and really struggling to know what to do with it or my whole future. I know so many people say that I can't possibly know what the future will hold, and they're right, of course, but it doesn't stop a person from worrying about said future, especially when, at the moment, the whole thing looks bleak at best. I do want to cry, and I need a hug, and I wish things were better. I wish I could say what it was that was wrong, but I can't.

Anyway...

I've missed you all, and hopefully this week is much better. And what happened at the S/J thread? I'm so confused.

I haven't missed Martinmas have I? Because I've got my gift for the secret santa thing to do. :O
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          *sneaks in* Anyone missed me?

I'll put some of my personal rambling in these --

Spoiler:
                          My reason for staying away is simply because I've had a really difficult time, emotionally. There was this guy that I like, but it maybe goes a bit beyond like, but he could never like me because I'm not his type, and according to him I'm just a nice girl who is a friend. I first struggled with that, and of course, I have to work with him so it made it worse. Then I realised things about myself were different (and so much so, I can't say it here) but it's had me in tears all week, and really struggling to know what to do with it or my whole future. I know so many people say that I can't possibly know what the future will hold, and they're right, of course, but it doesn't stop a person from worrying about said future, especially when, at the moment, the whole thing looks bleak at best. I do want to cry, and I need a hug, and I wish things were better. I wish I could say what it was that was wrong, but I can't.
                          Of course we missed you! I just assumed you were busy, like a lot of people are this time of year.

Sorry you're having a rough time. Do you mean you can't say what's wrong here, or that you don't know exactly what it is? Because I'm always here if you want to pm me

*massive squishy hugs*

Anyway...

I've missed you all, and hopefully this week is much better. And what happened at the S/J thread? I'm so confused.
                          We kept losing pages, and the Mods couldn't figure out why, so they opened up a brand new shiny thread for us while Greg tries to figure out what's going on

I haven't missed Martinmas have I? Because I've got my gift for the secret santa thing to do. :O
                          Nope, you've not missed it

Comment

((((Wendy))))
                            I missed you too. I hope things will be looking up soon. Worrying sucks.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Oh dear!

Don't blame me when you need knee/ankle/back surgery to fix whatever damage you have done to yourself.
                            (And they say I am a bad influence... )
                            I won't. I'll blame jumble for not stopping me.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *huggles Woohoos*

I'm sneaking in here... (told ya I could probably not go without GW...my addiction)

*looks at Nad jumping and falling of the couc*

Okay...what did you guys feed her? Too much broccoli again? *sighs*...so she is on a broccoli rush..so dangerous....
                            *hangs head* But I love my broccoli
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              ((((Wendy))))
                              I missed you too. I hope things will be looking up soon. Worrying sucks.

I won't. I'll blame jumble for not stopping me.

*hangs head* But I love my broccoli
                              Ok, I think it's about time we established who is in charge around here

I say no jumping on the couch because you might hurt yourself (especially in view of how much you love broccoli ).

Cags says go for it, but don't go whining to her if you get hurt.

Who do you think loves you the most, hmmmm?

Comment

*squishy huggles Wendy* Hope you will feel brighter soon and as Jumble said, we're all here if you need to stress
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X