• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Wood

We haven't seen enough pictures of him yet...today

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...es/aplis35.jpg
    OMG! He did NOT do what it looks like he did!

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Oh boy...

We temporarly forgot about our book nerd...

You know what would be fun...to hold a monthly/weekly fanfic reading club...we all read the same fic and talk about it after a week or so (or during it)
      Sounds good to me

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      I've been reading books since I was 3. They're not interesting anymore.

*glances at Josi*
      Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      !!! Wash your mouth!
      I don't even have to say anything!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Same problem with books in Macedonian here. Some of the translations are just horrible.
        No translations in here...dutch writers
        (and for my highschool exam I had to read a lot of dutch writer books(and most I did like weren't allowed because they weren't "smart" enough) and of one boring(IMHO) writer I had to learn everything and do a oral exam...

You're supposed to be stalking him. You don't know?
        I do...but I have to ask questions in here...

*grabs binoculars while multitasking*

I think that's it for me tonight, the caffeine is wearing off. I'm heading to bed. See you guys tomorrow.
        Night! Gives me some time to catch up on you!

Originally posted by suse View Post
        OMG! He did NOT do what it looks like he did!

suse
        He did...he wanted totry that...in THE shorts
        sigpic

Comment

Oh boy...

We temporarly forgot about our book nerd...

You know what would be fun...to hold a monthly/weekly fanfic reading club...we all read the same fic and talk about it after a week or so (or during it)
          HEY!!! There's is NOTHING wrong with liking to read books!! And don't you dare pick on Josi for that!!

*says the future teacher about the librarian*
          I've been reading books since I was 3. They're not interesting anymore.

*glances at Josi*
          I've been reading since about then as well. I can't IMAGINE getting bored with books!
          Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          !!! Wash your mouth!
          I agree!!
          Lol, I''m still waiting on the beta'ing of my own fic! and I have told myself only to read finished fics!

Ditto in here...perhaps earlier...mom loooooooooooves books...

Now only reading when no other options are available...and for school... Plus at the beach(but that is also for printed fic)
          I read ALL the time! As in 24/7. And I read tons of genres and "ages". As often as I can.
          I still read books. When I visit my grandma. No TV, no radio, no computer. And the neighbours have an amazing library. I think I've read most of it.
          That's why you read them all again. It's impossible to read a book too many times, just as it's impossible to watch SG too many times.
          That's cool! In here I have mom for the books...but I just experience I don't have time for it at home...certainly since I'm such a computer addict.

Plus these days I prefer reading in English while all our books at home are Dutch.

Wood Martin have the time to read books?!

trying to get back on topic
          I say you're crazy for not reading books much...But at least you read something...
          Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Sounds good to me

I don't even have to say anything!
          Jann and Jas are crazy, aren't they! Silly girls...
          Last edited by TrueRomantic; 25 April 2009, 11:23 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
            HEY!!! There's is NOTHING wrong with liking to read books!! And don't you dare pick on Josi for that!!

*says the future teacher about the librarian*
            I know; I am just too much a fan of the new media.

I don't pick on Jos. I am just teasing her.

That's why you read them all again. It's impossible to read a book too many times, just as it's impossible to watch SG too many times.
            Depends on the quality of a book. Some books are just not good to read again because you already know the clue. Others you can read over and over again. I prefer the second kind of books.

I say you're crazy for not reading books much...But at least you read something...
            I. Am. Not. Crazy.

How many times do I have to say that?!?!

I do...I can be a good girl...perhaps when I come to the USA this summer I'll show ya what "books" I brought with me and you see I do read...

We're not. When Jas comes back she'll agree with me.
            sigpic

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee - book talk!

Imagine if Martin wrote an autobirography...or a witty book of memoirs!! *loves autobiographies*

And no, for no reason, here is a list of books that all of you MUST read if you have not already...

(i tihnk there are only two books on this list, but oh well)

1. Things I overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda (it changed my life!!!)
              2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

there you go...

MARTIN RULES!
              sigpic

Comment

I still read books. When I visit my grandma. No TV, no radio, no computer. And the neighbours have an amazing library. I think I've read most of it.
                I am a HUGE book nerd... I have bookcases ALL over my house. Three in the master bedroom, three in the hallway (tall floor to ceiling bookcases) one in our daughter's room, a small one in the workout room, three in my office, three in hubby's office(yeah we have a big house), two in my livingroom, and two in the family room and even one in my kitchen! I have many books that I call old friends...they are so nice to visit with again and again. I will buy new books and if they aren't "friendly" (readable more than once) off to the used bookstore I go to trade them in for something (hopefully) more firendly. But I admit to liking some books that are simply a light and quick read. I told you all that I am a book nerd. Also, I too have been reading since age three... in my case I had a much older sister who "played school" with me.
                Oh as to Martin... I saw a hysterically funny Stargate featurette with him talking about being in a torpedo tube in an old russian sub shooting some footage. better him than me!

Comment

I read all the time Literally. Though I mostly read christian romance novels...*blinks* contrary to what some of you may think I can stay out of the gutter in real life

And I read a lot of Sci-fi, If you haven't read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...go read it now! It's my all time favorite book.

On another note, even since I discovered fanfiction (which was like 3 months ago) I've only bought one book I normally would buy about a book a week...or some times a few at a time

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I know; I am just too much a fan of the new media.

I don't pick on Jos. I am just teasing her.
                    I know. So was I, lol. And don't get me wrong. I love TV and the internet. But I love to read both books and fanfiction.
                    Depends on the quality of a book. Some books are just not good to read again because you already know the clue. Others you can read over and over again. I prefer the second kind of books.
                    Ehh...I don't know if I'd agree. I read so much that by the time I get around to reading a book again, I don't always remember all the details of a particular book. Of course, even when I do, it doesn't bother me, lol.
                    I. Am. Not. Crazy.

How many times do I have to say that?!?!
                    Sure... That's okay. We all suffer from insanity. Personally, I'm not suffering. I'm loving every minute of it.
                    I do...I can be a good girl...perhaps when I come to the USA this summer I'll show ya what "books" I brought with me and you see I do read...
                    What, are your "books" going to be printouts of fanfictions? I've got books like that too, lol!!! But I've got hundreds of "real" books as well.
                    We're not. When Jas comes back she'll agree with me.[/quote]
                    Course you are! But don't worry. We're all crazy and silly. And it doesn't make us love you any less, lol!!
                    Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    I am a HUGE book nerd... I have bookcases ALL over my house. Three in the master bedroom, three in the hallway (tall floor to ceiling bookcases) one in our daughter's room, a small one in the workout room, three in my office, three in hubby's office(yeah we have a big house), two in my livingroom, and two in the family room and even one in my kitchen! I have many books that I call old friends...they are so nice to visit with again and again. I will buy new books and if they aren't "friendly" (readable more than once) off to the used bookstore I go to trade them in for something (hopefully) more firendly. But I admit to liking some books that are simply a light and quick read. I told you all that I am a book nerd. Also, I too have been reading since age three... in my case I had a much older sister who "played school" with me.
                    Oh as to Martin... I saw a hysterically funny Stargate featurette with him talking about being in a torpedo tube in an old russian sub shooting some footage. better him than me!
                    I have books all over as well. Sadly, tons of my books are in a store room back home. I just don't have room for them right now. Besides, it's a pain trying to get them halfway across the country in a car along with yourself and all you luggage, lol.

And I was little as well, but not because of an older sibling. I just started reading.
                    Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    I read all the time Literally. Though I mostly read christian romance novels...*blinks* contrary to what some of you may think I can stay out of the gutter in real life
                    I can't really get into christian romances. I love romances though! I think part of the reason I can't get into christian romances is because most of the "christian" world, and therefore the books, spend too much time on the characters and their relationship with God. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but personally, if I want to know about a person's relationship with God, I'll go to church. Plus, a lot of my personal views/morals are slightly different from what the church generally teaches, which makes me feel like I'm being told that my beliefs are wrong when I read those books. But every once in awhile I'll find one I actually like. I just don't look for them. I spend all my romance time on my other romance authors, lol.
                    And I read a lot of Sci-fi, If you haven't read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...go read it now! It's my all time favorite book.
                    And I like sci fi too. Actually, I like just about anything. I just have two stipulations that almost always have to be met. 1) There has to be romance. If there isn't romance, I can't usually get into it. 2) The main character/hero has to be a girl. I'm just really into strong women. Not that I mind if she shares the spotlight with her man, but I'm just not usually a fan if she takes a back burner to the guy.
                    On another note, even since I discovered fanfiction (which was like 3 months ago) I've only bought one book I normally would buy about a book a week...or some times a few at a time
                    Lucky you. I discovered fanfiction at least 5-if not more-years ago, and I still buy books all the time. When I'm home I can easily be found buying at least one book a week. Of course, it's rare for me to go into a bookstore and not walk out with at least 5 books...And then I usually have all 5 done in 2-3 days, so I have to head back to the store for more books, lol.

So what do we think The Martin reads?
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Whole lot of OT

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

No we're not. We're smart girls. You saw we're reading. Whatever there is to read.

Exactly!

We're not. When Jas comes back she'll agree with me.
                      ^I agree with her

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      That's a lot of books!

So did I. She was 7 at the time.

On topic

sigpic

Comment

I love you all, you know that? You girls are awesome!

Would now be the time to point out that modern librarians spend just as much time with the internet and electronic stuff as they do with books?

And The Martin? He reads Sanctuary scripts of course! And he'll get to read the SG1 movie script before almost anyone else too, the lucky guy!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'd love to read a book titled "How to get a Martin"

Comment

*shuffles into thread*

Hi Woohoos

Spoiler:
                            Busy, busy weekend. Two record-breakingly busy nights at work and every spare minute been frantically essay writing .

So Jumble's gone away for the weekend? Looking forward to all the juicy details later . Any other interesting news to report? From the other threads as well? I'm being lazy today .

I. Am. Not. Insane.

I just like reading.

*runs after Jas with Siler's wrench*
                            *waggles eyebrows* Watch what you're doing there Janneke .

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            weeeeeeeeeeeeeee - book talk!

Imagine if Martin wrote an autobirography...or a witty book of memoirs!! *loves autobiographies*

And no, for no reason, here is a list of books that all of you MUST read if you have not already...

(i tihnk there are only two books on this list, but oh well)

1. Things I overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda (it changed my life!!!)
                            2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

there you go...

MARTIN RULES!
                            Ahhh!! Alan Alda!!! *looks at Josi* The West Wing!!! I love him. *happy sigh*

*hyperventilates*

Comment

*runs into thread*

Dances with Martin!

*runs out*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

I love ray bradbury, but my fave scifi writer is Isaac Asimov-- you all know that george lucas stole bigtime from him for star wars don't you?

Oh fanfic is my temptation... can read it for hours...instead of doing homework!

Comment

Working...
                                X