Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Me multi tasking? Nahhh...

OT question for my essay(please native english speakers answer)

Spoiler:
    Btw I need this for my essay about cultures...if I say Netherlands...describe it one word. and second what do you think from the netherlands?
    Hmm. That's a hard one..
    Spoiler:
    'Netherlands' immediately makes me think 'Jann' and 'Nad' That's not much help is it?

I have to admit I know very little about The Netherlands My only experience was a weekend spent in The Hague years ago..... and all I really saw was the Red Light District, a lot of friendly people in the bars and clubs and the inside of my hotel room Lamb satay..... and Donna Summer's 'Hostage' on the jukebox

Amsterdam always conjures up visions of tulip fields and *cough*broccoli*cough*

Beyond that I'm really ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Hmm. That's a hard one..
      Spoiler:
      'Netherlands' immediately makes me think 'Jann' and 'Nad' That's not much help is it?

I have to admit I know very little about The Netherlands My only experience was a weekend spent in The Hague years ago..... and all I really saw was the Red Light District, a lot of friendly people in the bars and clubs and the inside of my hotel room Lamb satay..... and Donna Summer's 'Hostage' on the jukebox

Amsterdam always conjures up visions of tulip fields and *cough*broccoli*cough*

Beyond that I'm really ignorant
      It's enough thanks except for the word thing

What would martin think?
      sigpic

Comment

It's enough thanks except for the word thing

What would martin think?
        What wood Martin think I'm sure he also likes tulips.............

On the one word thing, I guess 'freedom' is what I wood think, because the impression I have of The Netherlands is that there is a much more liberal attitude to a lot things.
        Last edited by Jumble; 05 April 2009, 04:30 AM.

Comment

*hugs* and why are you awake that early?
          Presidential elections. I signed up to be an observer. (nice paycheck, getting up in the morning... not so nice )

Perhaps...your good twin
          Hey!!!

*headdesk* Sorry Jasmina I put your join date instead of your birthday
          Well they are similar...

"I just hope they don't ask Amanda. Heaven knows what rumours she wood start about you........ ex-Chippindale, former pole-dance..."

Wood Morning Jann

Update on Oren

Spoiler:
          Huge relief, he spent a comfortable night and is responding well to the treatment He may even be allowed home later today if he continues to improve
          That's great news!
          sigpic

Comment

*delurks*

Happy Birthday to the S.H.I.P.! So glad I didn't totally miss it
            sigpic
            Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

*squishy hugs Aurora* You made it! And we're still awake

Hope you can stick around, I'm hoping the party will go out with a bang later on
              Last edited by Jumble; 05 April 2009, 04:44 AM. Reason: Jeez, I just can't spell today! :rolleyes:

Comment

What wood Martin think I'm sure he also likes tulips.............

On the one word thing, I guess 'freedom' is what I wood think, because the impression I have of The Netherlands is that there is a much more liberal attitude to a lot things.
                Probably*sends martin tullips for his birthday next year*

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Presidential elections. I signed up to be an observer. (nice paycheck, getting up in the morning... not so nice )
                Fun...paycheck is good

Hey!!!

Hi.

Me dislikes my brother...was without internet and electricity for a few moments...my computer did poof...while writing my essay...luckily I was just recharging the laptop

*pops out again*
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe I should send Martin two lips tulips for his birthday too

Comment

*squishy hugs Aurora* You made it! And we're still awake

Hope you can stick around, I'm hoping the party will go out with a bang later on
                    *squishy hugs back at ya*
                    I have work today, unfortunately, however I made it a point to get on here early enough hoping you were here and sure enough you are. Hooray!
                    I'll definitely try to stop by later.

BTW, this Woohood thread, is this just specifically a thread for Martin Wood or is it also associated with the S.H.I.P. also? I guess what I'm asking is do you have to be a part of the S.H.I.P. to post here?
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Lips you say...I want to sent them too.

*cough*

Well...tullips are really innocent...compared to lips ...we could just keep it on a birthday cardwith an invitation

*tries to let herself not get distracted again*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                          *squishy hugs back at ya*
                          I have work today, unfortunately, however I made it a point to get on here early enough hoping you were here and sure enough you are. Hooray!
                          I'll definitely try to stop by later.
                          Hope you can, we'd love to see you again

BTW, this Woohood thread, is this just specifically a thread for Martin Wood or is it also associated with the S.H.I.P. also? I guess what I'm asking is do you have to be a part of the S.H.I.P. to post here?
                          Confusing isn't it?

Basically it's for thunking appreciating Martin, but most of the PTB get a mention

Although most of us here are S.H.I.P. members, there is no restriction on who can post. We welcome anyone who shares our love of Martin, Brad, Joe, Coopie and Siler/Dan

Comment

Me multi tasking? Nahhh...

OT question for my essay(please native english speakers answer)

Spoiler:
                            Btw I need this for my essay about cultures...if I say Netherlands...describe it one word. and second what do you think from the netherlands?
                            Regarding your Netherlands question
                            Spoiler:
                            If you don't mind me answering, I have images of windmills and tulips. Thanks for the tulip imagery, jumble Also, *broccoli* comes to mind, as jumble said about that too.

Hope you can, we'd love to see you again

Confusing isn't it?

Basically it's for thunking appreciating Martin, but most of the PTB get a mention

Although most of us here are S.H.I.P. members, there is no restriction on who can post. We welcome anyone who shares our love of Martin, Brad, Joe, Coopie and Siler/Dan
                            thanks jumble for explaining. It's not confusing at all
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                              Regarding your Netherlands question
                              Spoiler:
                              If you don't mind me answering, I have images of windmills and tulips. Thanks for the tulip imagery, jumble Also, *broccoli* comes to mind, as jumble said about that too.
                              Windmills!! Of course

thanks jumble for explaining. It's not confusing at all
                              I should also have added that we're really easy-going and enjoy the odd bit of OT We're a friendly bunch who just like to have fun and lift each other's spirits when needed You can't really be here and not get cheered up, because we're all a little nuts

'Little nuts?' Hmmmmmm......... let me rephrase that.....

Comment

Windmills!! Of course

I should also have added that we're really easy-going and enjoy the odd bit of OT We're a friendly bunch who just like to have fun and lift each other's spirits when needed You can't really be here and not get cheered up, because we're all a little nuts

'Little nuts?' Hmmmmmm......... let me rephrase that.....

Little nuts you say? Well then this is my type of thread
                                Plus, you forgot to mention the broccoli. Can't forget about the broccoli
                                oh and some Martin worship thrown in for good measure, of course

So tell me, is Martin your main man now? Has Jack moved down to number 2 on your list?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X