No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go - fate has decided that she is far too special a person to just have 'normal' days and has seen fit to give her two very special ones

Comment

Thinking back to when I met Mom I remembered this pic..............

We had such a lovely day - we laughed a lot! Mom tried really hard to express herself in English, but every now and then she'd get stuck and say a Dutch word to Nad, who would translate it for her She told us about the time that she was in England and was trying to remember the name of a particular English thing that she had eaten and really liked. I finally figured out that she meant crumpets When I got home I got some and sent them to her, which I gather she really enjoyed

I'm so grateful that I met her and have such lovely memories of that day

Comment

If you want to make a donation to help with the disaster in Nepal - go to the S4K page. http://www.sanctuaryforkids.org/ They are matching any amount you donate through the month of May.
        sigpic

Comment

Nad only just read the news....so so sorry, hugs and thought with you and your family xox
          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Nad asked for silliness - silliness she shall have....................

When Footsoe died and went to heaven, God met her at the gates and said, 'You have been a good cat all these years. Anything you want is yours for the asking.'
            The cat thought for a minute and then said 'All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard wooden floors. I would like a really fluffy pillow to sleep on.'
            God said, 'Say no more.' Instantly the cat had a huge fluffy pillow.

A few days later, six mice were killed in an accident and they all went to Heaven together.
            God met the mice at the gates with the same offer that he made to the cat.
            The mice said, 'Well, we have had to run all of our lives: from cats, dogs, and even people with brooms!
            If we could just have some little skateboards, we would not have to run again.' God answered, 'It is done.'
            All the mice had beautiful skateboards.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat. He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, 'Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?' The cat replied, 'Oh, it is WONDERFUL. I have never been so happy in my life. The pillow is so fluffy, and those little Meals on Wheels you have been sending over are delicious!'
            Last edited by Jumble; 30 April 2015, 03:01 AM.

Comment

But...
              those poor mice!

Thanks Claire

Busy day.
              Picked flowers, selected music, went shopping, talked to quite a few people to inform them, delivered the invites, made an attempt to make dad's birthday a little less sucky.
              My todo list is almost entirely done. Then I'll hopefully have some time in the weekend to write the eulogy. It looks like I'm expected to be the main act

Wow, ^this sounds like a party
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'm sure Mom would love to know that you're saying goodbye with a party

Comment

True.

So, what's everyone else doing?
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I will be spending the 3-day week-end doing paperwork and trying to commit loads of stuff to memory (fat chance ) in preparation for my OFSTED inspection Which may be on Tuesday, might be on Friday, or could possibly be the following Monday

*opens a bottle of wine, because killing off a few more brain cells is bound to help, right?*

Comment

Oh yuck, Ofsted! Poor you I will keep my fingers crossed that they are (for them) in a good mood when they come.

I meanwhile do not have a three day weekend as I'm working Monday This morning was May Morning though - the one where they sing on the top of the tower at dawn and stupid people sometimes try to jump off the bridge, for those of you who were at the Oxford Woohoomeet a few weeks ago I didn't get up for it (too early ) but walked past the remnants on my way in this morning - Morris dancers, people wearing foliage, crowded pubs, general revelry all over the place, all before 9am

*hugs Nad* Sounds like you're getting everything done though at least. I'm sure you'll give her a send-off to be proud of We will all be there with you in spirit.
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working on a Bank Holiday?

Sounds like a good time was had by Oxford

Oh, and.............

Comment

Yes. Because it's term time, and exams term at that, so we have to keep the library open on the May bank holidays.

And thank you! I hadn't noticed Bad Woohoo
                          sigpic

Comment

We have a new Princess!!!! No name yet, and weighed just over 8 pounds. Congrats to Will and Kate

Comment

Comment

I love it

Oh Aramis...!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X