No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Jumble said We love you and we're here for you.
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

My bedroom tv is broke Got sound, no picture I've been looking at possible replacements but there are so many to choose from that I'm totally undecided

Comment

I love you guys too

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        My bedroom tv is broke Got sound, no picture I've been looking at possible replacements but there are so many to choose from that I'm totally undecided
        Meh!
        Well, this is a big choice. It's the one in the bedroom!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Well exactly! It's the one that I watch most - and having discovered that I could get a Smart TV for not a lot of money I'm thinking that's the way to go........ so I'm off to look around the shops and quiz all the salesmen about all the different features and how they work

Comment

Well that was a waste of time The only place around here that has a large selection of TVs is Currys/PCWorld at Farnborough - a 20 minute drive away - but when I got there I was informed that the shop was being refurbished and customers were not allowed in! Would've been nice if they'd put that little bit of information on their website instead of claiming to be open from 9am to 8pm today So back I came home to do some more research on the internet, found exactly what I wanted on the Argos website...... and of course it's out of stock in every store within 20 miles of here In the end, I've ordered one from Amazon which will, hopefully, arrive on Friday. So for now I'll borrow the one from the conservatory, which is tiny. Oh well..........

Comment

*Huge hugs Nad*

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*hugs*

A place called 'Currys' sells TVs? How confusing.

So...
                Who wants to share happy stuff? Spam? Sing a song?

EDIT: 46 guests? Now? That can't be right
                Last edited by DutchIndeed; 23 April 2015, 12:41 PM.
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

They're probably expecting comments on last night's Olympus ep (or Wednesday's in the UK) but we don't seem to have much to say about it

Too busy to picspam right now - maybe later

Comment

Still haven't seen Olympus. I'm not even sure I can find it somewhere...
                    (Land o' little easily available sci-fi )

sigpic

Comment

33 guests at the moment... weird how the Spencers always show up when we're at our most scintillating

Olympus... hmm. Jury's out a bit for me still, if I'm honest. I think it's got a lot of potential and they're setting up some interesting directions for the story to take, but I'm not sold on the characters yet and the CGI is a bit shonky at times - too obviously CGI'd, particularly when they're running through landscapes when it's reminding me a bit of old 80s favourite Knightmare Just doesn't always look like they're actually *in* the environment they're supposed to be in. I think Sanctuary did that aspect way better, tbh. But I'll keep watching - hopefully it'll be a grower And of course, we haven't seen Martin or Amanda's eps yet
                      sigpic

Comment

49 Spencers now.........

That's pretty much how I feel about it. Plus, is it just me or is/are the editing/transitions a bit jumpy? Also waiting to see Martin's eps

Comment

59! Do they know something we don't?!
                          sigpic

Comment

So yesterday Amazon informed me that my new TV would be delivered sometime today. I rearranged my day and got my nursery pick-up covered so that I could be home all day. It has just this minute arrived - 9.15pm!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              59! Do they know something we don't?!
                              This does happen, and we've never yet figured out why
                              Last edited by Jumble; 24 April 2015, 12:25 PM. Reason: Miss-spelling due to excess wine intake.......

Comment

And there's no way I can set up the new TV now - "Accuracy isn't easy after 3 bottles of wine!"

Actuallly one and a half, but the inaccuracy is the same

Comment

Working...
                                X