No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, waiting for the dental work isn't much fun. But the end result is usually worth it

Seeing the GP later to get checked out, leg really is quite sore.
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

just because

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        well, it's currently working and taking a charge. keeping my fingers firmly crossed. The connection is still wiggly, but if I'm *careful* everything is good....
        Hm. I'm not sure you should need to be careful considering what you paid for it and how long it took to fix

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Yeah, waiting for the dental work isn't much fun. But the end result is usually worth it
        Oh I know it will be worth it eventually, just wish it hadn't happened now. Possibly my last chance to get some pics with Martin and I'll have to keep my mouth shut!

*practises smaller smile*

*sobs*

Seeing the GP later to get checked out, leg really is quite sore.
        Good, it's always best to get things checked - you could have done some real damage and it's better to know now rather than later Did you get the reg. no. of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Good, it's always best to get things checked - you could have done some real damage and it's better to know now rather than later Did you get the reg. no. of the car?
          No, I didn't, there was no real need. The driver stopped and waited with me in the torrential rain after I called work and they sent someone to pick me up, luckily it happened just up the road from work. I think he was even more shaken than me, and the fact that he was stood in the downpour in just his shirt sleeves made me feel better, at least I was wearing waterproofs He thought I was going all the way round the roundabout and just happened to pull out on me as I started to turn into the road. A combination of bad visibility and sheer bad luck really.

Got my **** kicked by the Boss though when she picked me up. Got to wear my helmet and a hi-viz jacket from now on
          sigpic

Comment

*puts on Legal Hat*

You (and he) have, in fact, broken the law by not reporting an accident where someone got injured. Apart from that, you, or someone on your behalf, should have taken his details and given him yours. You should have sought medical help/opinion immediately. If it should turn out that you have an injury which prevents you from working (or getting to work if you can't ride your bike safely), then you wood have a claim against the guy's insurance - that is what insurance is for!

I get that you were both shaken and very wet, but somebody should have kept their head enough to do the legal stuff There's no telling what repercussions there may be from any accident.

And your Boss is right - wear your helmet and your jacket always! Where wood Ellie be now if you'd landed on your head and died?

*takes off Legal Hat*

I hope it turns out that you're just bruised

Comment

*puts on Legal Hat*

You (and he) have, in fact, broken the law by not reporting an accident where someone got injured. Apart from that, you, or someone on your behalf, should have taken his details and given him yours. You should have sought medical help/opinion immediately. If it should turn out that you have an injury which prevents you from working (or getting to work if you can't ride your bike safely), then you wood have a claim against the guy's insurance - that is what insurance is for!

I get that you were both shaken and very wet, but somebody should have kept their head enough to do the legal stuff There's no telling what repercussions there may be from any accident.

And your Boss is right - wear your helmet and your jacket always! Where wood Ellie be now if you'd landed on your head and died?

*takes off Legal Hat*
              *Feels thoroughly chastised*

I hope it turns out that you're just bruised
              Yes, just bruised. GP says my leg will be black and blue within 24 hours - something to look forward to! and its going to be stiff and sore for a while as well. Other than that I'm fine
              sigpic

Comment

That's a relief! Do take care of yourself for the next couple of days though - that leg is going to be painful to walk on and you've probably got a dose of shock coming in the next few hours

Comment

MR - Jumble is so right! But, you do still have time to go to the police station and make a report. By not doing that, you could really mess up your claim. You are entitled to at least all medical expenses and loss of wages. And even more important - what the bloody hell were you doing riding without a helmut.... tsk tsk! (now put all motherly instincts back inside and buried deep!)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Sad but true, way way to cold back east. When it is -30°F/-33.5°C and a wind as well - that is beyond cold. They are colder then Alaska right now! Yuk. My 36°F/3°C right now (at 2:30) seems down right balmy. But that is going to be close to our high for today!
                    Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    Yep, stay warm over there!

Mind you, it's all got real here now - the floods have come to Oxford. The main road that goes past where I live has gone underwater this afternoon and has now been closed between here and town, and the rivers are set to rise for another couple of days so it's going to get worse. I think we should stay dry on my little estate as we're up on a bit of a rise, but depends how much more the river goes up of course. Very glad I'm up on the first floor though! (/second floor, for those of you over the other side of the pond ) Getting into work shouldn't be too bad either at the moment as the back streets are dry so I can walk around the long way, as long again as the water doesn't go up too much more

*hugs* Cags for icky cold. Quite understood if you and Jumble aren't up to it this weekend - it'll be the other half of the woohoomeet from last time I'll get everyone together here at some point!
                    Hope you stay high and dry.

Had lots of e-mails from friends in response to an article pointing out it was colder here than on Mars! For the first time in the 26 1/2 years I have owned my house, my pipes froze yesterday because of the cold. had to come to work to shower. Really looking forward to the warmer temps in UK but hope the monsoon has stopped by then!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                    *hugs* for all ickysicky Woohoo's

*hugs* for all the wet and windy Woohoo's

*hugs* for any other Woohoo's

Hey look at that ^. New year, new me!

Have an unscheduled day off work, unfortunately I had to get knocked off my bike on the way in this morning to earn it!! Feeling more than a little battered and bruised now and the lump on my leg where the car hit hurts like mad
                    Hugs.

*rubs eyes* Did I.... did I really see Steph hugging everybody? That certainly is a new you

I hope you've had that leg looked at? Well you should!

I'm just back from seeing the dentist, who gave me some bad news The crown that I had trouble with a few months ago had come loose again, so I'd decided that I wood go ahead and get the bridgework done because money isn't such a problem now. But when she took the crown out she discovered that the remains of the original tooth had cracked and was infected. So, antibiotics for a couple of weeks, then back to get the tooth removed. It shouldn't hurt because there are no nerves in it. So I'm thinking 'Great! A nice new bridge to pretty up my smile!' Not so The bone and gum will take between 6 and 12 months to heal enough for the bridge to be done. In the meantime I will have a gappy grin instead of a happy smile to go to Chevron with

Not. Happy.
                    Hugs to you as well.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    well, it's currently working and taking a charge. keeping my fingers firmly crossed. The connection is still wiggly, but if I'm *careful* everything is good....
                    Fingers crossed for you.

Hm. I'm not sure you should need to be careful considering what you paid for it and how long it took to fix

Oh I know it will be worth it eventually, just wish it hadn't happened now. Possibly my last chance to get some pics with Martin and I'll have to keep my mouth shut!

*practises smaller smile*

*sobs*

Think of it as a mysterious smile.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh Jumble, poor you You are not having a good run of it with health things at the moment, are you?

*hugs Steph* Yikes and ouchie
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Oh Jumble, poor you You are not having a good run of it with health things at the moment, are you?

*hugs Steph* Yikes and ouchie
                        I do feel somewhat cursed

Glad to see you got home safe and dry
                        Last edited by Jumble; 07 January 2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Mr*
                          Ouch! The UK is not very bicycle friendly, is it?

*hugs Jumble for less radiant smiles*

I'll be spending my afternoon at the hospital. I'm thinking January isn't a very good month for health stuff
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            *hugs WooHoos*

*hugs Mr*
                            Ouch! The UK is not very bicycle friendly, is it?
                            Tbh, I'm not very bicycle friendly either I think it's ridiculous that anyone can get on a bike and go straight out onto busy main roads having had no training whatsoever, is not familiar with the Highway Code, does not pay a penny towards Road Tax (despite the fact that a lot of roads have cycle lanes made especially for them) and does not have any insurance. Had Steph carelessly bashed into that guy's car, causing several hundred pounds worth of damage and caused him to be injured in the process who do you think wood have to pay up? His insurance company, assuming he has fully comp cover And believe me, there are a heck of a lot of cyclists on the roads that are accidents just waiting to happen to some poor unsuspecting driver. I think that cyclists should be trained, tested, licensed and insured before they go anywhere near the roads *nods*

/rant

*takes a breath*

I stirred a childhood memory earlier - I looked around my shelves and decided that my teddy/soft toy collection could do with a clean, so I dumped them in the washing machine before I went out. When I got back, I popped them into the tumble-dryer and watched them going round and round.......... and suddenly I was 3yrs old, sitting in the corner of the garden crying because my (very large) teddy had been washed and was then put on the washing line, pegged by his ears I didn't stop crying until he was safely back in arms - I LOVED that teddy

But I will admit that he did smell better after his adventure

*hugs Jumble for less radiant smiles*

I'll be spending my afternoon at the hospital. I'm thinking January isn't a very good month for health stuff
                            Oh no! What happened? *huggles whoever needs them*

Comment

Tbh, I'm not very bicycle friendly either I think it's ridiculous that anyone can get on a bike and go straight out onto busy main roads having had no training whatsoever, is not familiar with the Highway Code, does not pay a penny towards Road Tax (despite the fact that a lot of roads have cycle lanes made especially for them) and does not have any insurance. Had Steph carelessly bashed into that guy's car, causing several hundred pounds worth of damage and caused him to be injured in the process who do you think wood have to pay up? His insurance company, assuming he has fully comp cover And believe me, there are a heck of a lot of cyclists on the roads that are accidents just waiting to happen to some poor unsuspecting driver. I think that cyclists should be trained, tested, licensed and insured before they go anywhere near the roads *nods*

/rant

*takes a breath*
                              Exactly! When I was there I saw quite a lot of idiots on bikes
                              The network of roads in the Netherlands are almost built taking bikes into account and we mostly aren't even allowed to cycle on 'main' roads. No one here wears a helmet, because the need is very little. True we do have serious accidents but there's a different mentality in general. We have idiots on bikes but they usually are in less danger than the UK ones I've seen.

I stirred a childhood memory earlier - I looked around my shelves and decided that my teddy/soft toy collection could do with a clean, so I dumped them in the washing machine before I went out. When I got back, I popped them into the tumble-dryer and watched them going round and round.......... and suddenly I was 3yrs old, sitting in the corner of the garden crying because my (very large) teddy had been washed and was then put on the washing line, pegged by his ears I didn't stop crying until he was safely back in arms - I LOVED that teddy

But I will admit that he did smell better after his adventure
                              Aww!
                              I hated it when my stuffed doll needed a wash. I quite liked her smelly

Oh no! What happened? *huggles whoever needs them*
                              Mom. Leg. I'll tell you later
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Exactly! When I was there I saw quite a lot of idiots on bikes
                                The network of roads in the Netherlands are almost built taking bikes into account and we mostly aren't even allowed to cycle on 'main' roads. No one here wears a helmet, because the need is very little. True we do have serious accidents but there's a different mentality in general. We have idiots on bikes but they usually are in less danger than the UK ones I've seen.
                                Here, the only roads cyclists are not allowed on are motorways - presumably because there are already enough idiots on those already

Aww!
                                I hated it when my stuffed doll needed a wash. I quite liked her smelly

When I was about six, my mother did the unforgivable - she threw my teddy away, telling me that I wasn't a baby anymore Maybe that's why I have such a large number of them now - I just never wanted to grow up

Mom. Leg. I'll tell you later
                                Oh no! *huggles Mom*

Comment

Working...
                                X