The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs WooHoos*

Never been a bridesmaid either, none of my friends are married yet. We're all so rebellious in our freedom that no one feels like it.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Laurie, you had to buy your own bridesmaid's dress?
      Yep! My brother wanted to foot the bill for the wedding - her parents couldn't afford it and my parents offered (but it would have been hard on them as well) but he said no. So yeah, I was in college, had no money, had to have brides approval and she didn't have my taste at all. To make matters worse - she found it, I tried it on and got it because it fit - ugly color, no style, and I was very happy to change into jeans and a blouse shortly after the wedding which was in Vegas..... The only part I liked. My grandfather took me out gambling and showed me how to play blackjack. (I was only 19 but he was in his 70's so they didn't say anything - but no liquor! ) hehe

Feeling very outnumbered here!
      sigpic

Comment

I think we can take those Spencers.
        We do have broccoli...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I think we can take those Spencers.
          We do have broccoli...
          What - are you sharing the broccoli with the Spencers? Okay! But me first!

And their numbers are increasing!
          sigpic

Comment

Now wood not be a good time to strip nekkid and run through the thread then.

EDIT: or it wood be a VERY good time to do it, depending on your perspective.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              What - are you sharing the broccoli with the Spencers? Okay! But me first!

And their numbers are increasing!
              See? They do come for the broccoli!
              *shares*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

sigpic

Comment

...Or it's the Spencer apocalypse.
                In that case, we're in trouble.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Hmmm.... the numbers did increase so - give it a try!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed
                  ...Or it's the Spencer apocalypse.
                  In that case, we're in trouble.
                  Ooooh! Hmmm! That could be a problem - quick run - but save the broccoli!
                  sigpic

Comment

Everybody loves a wedding - I guess - that's why the Spencers are here

Only once a bridesmaid! And that was recently.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

But for a special person, right!

Uhoh! Not enough posting - losing spencers by the droves!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        *hugs WooHoos*

Never been a bridesmaid either, none of my friends are married yet. We're all so rebellious in our freedom that no one feels like it.
                        Take my advice, stay free and single

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

I think it's a GW glitch - 50+ Spencers for no apparent reason? Weird

Down to 23 now........

I've been lucky, my bridesmaid dresses were all very pretty - and I didn't have to pay for any of them

Comment

Never a bridesmaid! But I have no brothers and sisters, and I'm not exactly close to my cousins who got married. Oh well, maybe one day. There's still time.
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            Never a bridesmaid! But I have no brothers and sisters, and I'm not exactly close to my cousins who got married. Oh well, maybe one day. There's still time.
                            Trust me, being a bridesmaid or maid of honor is really no big deal. There are a lot of more fun things to do in life! If you had a sister you were really close to, then it would probably be different!

And back to normal - only 1 Spencer lurking!
                            sigpic

Comment

it's fairly typical in the US for bridesmaids to pay for the dress. I don't personally agree with it, but there you have it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Ooooh! Hmmm! That could be a problem - quick run - but save the broccoli!
                                Oh yes. Always, always save the broccoli!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Take my advice, stay free and single
                                Don't know about the single part, but staying free is a must

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                it's fairly typical in the US for bridesmaids to pay for the dress. I don't personally agree with it, but there you have it.
                                I've seen this on one of those TV shows (probably 'say yes to the dress' or something TLC-ish like it. ) and I never really got it. The bride comes up with ridiculous demands and then expects her bridesmaids to pay for what she wants them to wear. And it's not like you can really refuse...
                                Maybe that's why I've never been a bridesmaid. I'm too poor.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X