No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very upset because one of my coworkers is leaving. And it's not because he got another job but because I didn't. Moreover do you remember the way I have been treated after a job interview 2 years ago? Well he is going to that company! And doing that kind of work!
    It was when I asked to know the result of the interview as soon as possible in order to avoid false hope and the guy rrplied that in a few days I was going to have a second interview with one of his colleagues. And he never called me back, not even replied to my email asking for info. And when after a month I directly emailed his colleague she told me they had already found someone for the job!
    Now I and my coworker studied in the same University, did the same PhD, even with the same professor and we live just few kms far from each other. Yet they not even called me for an interview! I don't know what to think. Really. The only difference is that he is male. It shouldn't be important anymore but he still is.
    Or maybe after the way he handled my interview, that guy just erased my cv.
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

*sends good vibes to Josi*

Woot Wendy! I'm sure you'll adjust. Give yourself some time to get use to your new position.

Jumble, that's pretty cool about the dentist. (Well, not the broken tooth part, but the not having to pay for the reparation.) Makes me think I have to schedule my annual exam. I haven't been to the dentist for a checkup in so long. (Oops!)

Sil, you're right, it shouldn't make a difference that he is male. And it sucks that they never gave you an explanation as to why they never got back to you after the interview. But if that's any example of how they treat their employees, maybe you're better off not working for them. *hugs*
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Congrats Wendy on the promotion! A little extra money is always nice - I could use that myself - but then I'd have to go back to work first!

Josi - sending you all the lets get this flat signed and sealed vibes I can find.

Sil - that sucks about the job, but lets face it. Most men are prejudice against women in the job market unless you are in the "appropriate" job! Everytime they say it is getting better, you hear about a situation like this! Shame on them!

Jumble- do you remember an actress named Ann Margaret - she broke her jaw and her husband liquified everything from chocolate to pizza - so yes, you can use that blender to do such things.... just don't mix all the foods together. Put hamburger and chips in different glasses!
        sigpic

Comment

Seasons have changed - house is freezing - just changed filter and turned on the heater!
          sigpic

Comment

*bounces in* It's happened! Contracts exchanged! Completion date is set for 2nd October, so I'll get the keys then and move in over the next couple of days before my tenancy ends Such a relief, but so much to do now

*hugs Jumble and Sil* Sorry things are sucky for you two at the moment, sending you virtual (liquidised) chocolate
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

That's AWESOME news Josi So glad it's finally all sorted!

I'm ok with chocolate - it just melts in the mouth, eventually

Especially if taken with a glass of wine

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                That's AWESOME news Josi So glad it's finally all sorted!
                Thanks! I'm so relieved! It was beginning to feel like we'd never get there

So next Woohoomeet at mine, yeah? Just give me a few weeks to get some furniture in

I'm ok with chocolate - it just melts in the mouth, eventually

Especially if taken with a glass of wine
                Sounds like you're self-medicating nicely
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Thanks! I'm so relieved! It was beginning to feel like we'd never get there

So next Woohoomeet at mine, yeah? Just give me a few weeks to get some furniture in
                  WooHooooooood!!! I'll bring airbeds! And desserts! Got to christen the place properly

Sounds like you're self-medicating nicely
                  It's not a cure for what ails me, but it'll stop me worrying about it

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    WooHooooooood!!! I'll bring airbeds! And desserts! Got to christen the place properly
                    Absolutely

It's not a cure for what ails me, but it'll stop me worrying about it
                    Well, if you can't cure the problem, find a way to make yourself feel less bad about it
                    sigpic

Comment

*sends out hugs to Sil and Jumble* Sil, you might want to take a page out of Jumble's book. Chocolate and vine makes everything better

Congrats on the move Josi such awesome news, really happy for you!

Wendy, hope the job-bump turns out to be amazing! The money increase can't hurt either *throws confetti*

*huggles Woohoos*
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Ack, I missed saying a MASSIVE CONGRATS to Wendy! Sorry, my head's all over the place at the moment That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased and proud for you
                        sigpic

Comment

Huge congrats to Wendy!

Huge hugs to Sil, Josie, Jumble and every other woohoo having a tough time lately. Had a crappy time myself lately, not feeling well, having lots of friends and family who are ill. However, when I was at the Chicago con a met a woman who had really had it rough. Reminded me I actually have it pretty good. Despite all her troubles and those of her daughter, they were both helping others. Made me want to do domething to help her. Since part of her troubles were financial, I anonymously paid her hotel bill. Made me feel loads better. My remedy whenever life gets me down is to do something to help someone worse off than me. So that is my advice to those having a rough go of it lately. Try it, i guarantee it works. That and chocolate in some form.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yay Wendy!
                            Yay Josi!
                            *cheers*

*hugs crappy feeling WooHoos*

*hugs regular feeling WooHoos*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Huge congrats to Wendy!

Huge hugs to Sil, Josie, Jumble and every other woohoo having a tough time lately. Had a crappy time myself lately, not feeling well, having lots of friends and family who are ill. However, when I was at the Chicago con a met a woman who had really had it rough. Reminded me I actually have it pretty good. Despite all her troubles and those of her daughter, they were both helping others. Made me want to do domething to help her. Since part of her troubles were financial, I anonymously paid her hotel bill. Made me feel loads better. My remedy whenever life gets me down is to do something to help someone worse off than me. So that is my advice to those having a rough go of it lately. Try it, i guarantee it works. That and chocolate in some form.
                              Love this! It's a great advice.

Though I have to say, that sometimes has the opposite effect, lol, at least when my ego is involved.

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon!
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I've never done something as big as pay a hotel bill, but I do buy the take-out order for the car behind me from time to time. And I put gas in a young man's car a few weeks ago so that he could get home. You're right, making an anonymous gift to someone who isn't expecting it, but who could probably use it makes you feel great all day. And hopefully they pay it forward too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X