The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Ah but I would never have made that had you not pestered badgered cajoled persuaded me what a fabulous idea it would be.
    But I was right wasn't I? And you did it so well

Shhh! I was hoping nobody would notice my pathetic excuse for a party
    Since when did we WooHoos need an actual excuse for a party?

To be honest I have had a bit of a poopy week, what with it starting with the poorly can and a nigh on £400 vet bill. Other stuff too that's playing on my mind, some of which ought to be good (i.e. potential job offer) but I'm not sure about. Looking forward to next week... this week... and not having to get up. Well, not having to get up until other mouths - feline and human - in this house demand food.
    Any excuse for some mucking about. Plenty of excuses about today.
    Looking forward to seeing you next week - that's assuming this rain ever stops

Sorry, didn't quite hear you.
    Yeah, thanks for that

And no, I don't have photos
    Last edited by Jumble; 28 July 2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

with some of the new pics Martin has been posting....vids and arties are a given
      sigpic

Comment

If you imagine this in magenta... yeah, I had one. *sigh*
        Mine was a lot tighter than that, when I still had the figure for it

Ah I haven't seen that birthday video for ages.
        I wish I still have the time/energy/emotional commitment to vid these days. Maybe make one more soon.
        I haven't made one for quite awhile - haven't had a song jump up and shout at me 'This wood make a good Martinvid!!!' which is usually what happens.

Do you remember how much prodding and poking it took for you and Dee to persuade me to do this one?

And do you know how much I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me when he mentioned that first birthday dvd I sent him and I realised that this was on it? I mean, when I made it I never thought I wood actually meet the man, so it didn't matter did it?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yes I do remember that. It was just begging for a Martin video though. And we were right about it.

I'm sure he appreciated the compliment. Face it, he's a bloke. Of course he apprecated the compliment.

According to the weather forecasty thingy on my phone (which is fairly accurate) it's rain all the way until Thursday when it is dry and very warm (30s) again. TYpically this week is the week my neighbours are away. No skinny dipping in the pool then it would seem.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              with some of the new pics Martin has been posting....vids and arties are a given
              Absolutely!

I know I asked this question once before but do we have a definitive list of dates (roughly - narrow it to a year will do) when Woohoos met other Woohoos in person? I still want to make myself a Woohoos On Tour banner.
              sigpic

Comment

Absolutely!

I know I asked this question once before but do we have a definitive list of dates (roughly - narrow it to a year will do) when Woohoos met other Woohoos in person? I still want to make myself a Woohoos On Tour banner.
                The very first WooHooMeet was in October 2008, when Oma, Sarai and I met up at Josiane's for the day. After that, there was one at Sarai's in Leeds in April 2010 when I first met Jann, Cags (I think) and Wendy, another in November 2010 at mine with Cags, Ben and Josi, Wakefield in 2011.......... plus multitudes of mini-meets in between

Also, one at Oma's in Cornwall, which was in late 2010, after TSE.....

Comment

Ah thank you. I can fill in the blanks from there.
                  sigpic

Comment

At TSE Sarai and I met Laurie, EH-T and Claire and Martin

Then of course there was AT5 when we met ...er... lots of people! And AT6 when we met lots more people.......... then Chevron 7.8, Chevron 8.0, and the LFCC.......... Gosh! We WooHoos do get about a bit don't we?

Aaaaaaaaaand in August 2011 we finally met Nad

August 2012 - Sarai, Josiane and I met up with Nad again in Amsterdam during a heatwave And I met Nad's Mom

Not to mention a little trip I took to Seattle to stay with Laurie in April 2011.
                    Last edited by Jumble; 28 July 2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Ok, if we're delving through our memory banks - who remembers how they came to this thread?

Comment

Thanks. Wow we do get about!

I honestly can't remember. Stalking you I think.

Actually I think it was via the Shippy Hippy Insanity Party. It had the word "party" in it, and all the actual partying seemed to go on here rather than elsewehere.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Wow we do get about!

I honestly can't remember. Stalking you I think.

Actually I think it was via the Shippy Hippy Insanity Party. It had the word "party" in it, and all the actual partying seemed to go on here rather than elsewehere.
                          Which is actually why Nad started this thread - we got frowned upon one too many times for being 'off topic' on the other thread for daring to mention Martin so we decamped over here

Comment

Happy Ship Day to the shippers here.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                              The vids! I wish I could go and watch them, but I remember them so well.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Ok, if we're delving through our memory banks - who remembers how they came to this thread?
                              I found this thread after my GW pole dancing career ended.
                              Jumble made me open the doors, so that you other GW society outcasts wood have a safe place too. It was such an inspiring time of my life. I really feel it helped us all.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Which is actually why Nad started this thread - we got frowned upon one too many times for being 'off topic' on the other thread for daring to mention Martin so we decamped over here
                                "off topic" is my permanent state. *goes back to lurkdom*
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X