The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*ponders whether I have the energy to fix that typo up there* ^^^

In other news. Monkey the cat has a tooth abscess so is going in for extraction tomorrow. Anesthesia and a 16 year old cat is not a great combination. Poor baby.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *ponders whether I have the energy to fix that typo up there* ^^^

In other news. Monkey the cat has a tooth abscess so is going in for extraction tomorrow. Anesthesia and a 16 year old cat is not a great combination. Poor baby.
      I saw the pic on FB - poor Monkey

I've just heard that I've now got the rest of the week off because a mum has lost her job. I already had next week booked off, so now I have two weeks - best get started on that long list of jobs then

Or not

Comment

Oh no, poor mum. Not good to lose her job.

yes, you best get cracking on that list of yours. I'm er, busy working on mine. Umm...
        sigpic

Comment

Tbh, she was working long hours for very little money - she's in the situation that a lot of people are: staying at home is more profitable than going out to work But she's a tryer, so will probably find another job once her son starts school in September. I've told her that if she does I'll be happy to help out in the holidays

I'm still of two minds with that list - attempt it all myself of get a man in.....

Oooh lookee! You're almost at a 69

Gino came out with a 69 joke on Let's Do Lunch today - did make me smile

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Tbh, she was working long hours for very little money - she's in the situation that a lot of people are: staying at home is more profitable than going out to work But she's a tryer, so will probably find another job once her son starts school in September. I've told her that if she does I'll be happy to help out in the holidays
            That's very good of you Jumble. You certainly are a godsend to the families whose children you care for.

I'm still of two minds with that list - attempt it all myself of get a man in.....
            I know a man who can...

...And that as well.

Seriously, I will be calling in favours from all the blokey types I know soon to get my bathroom done. I have been having fun making plans and have decided I am going to splash out on a whirlpool bath. Always wanted one, only going to do this bathroom once so going to get one. and I may have a job soon to pay for it all.

Oooh lookee! You're almost at a 69

Oh I best do something fabulous then...

*strips nekkid and runs thru thread*

Actually, more like peels clothes off and drops them in a sticky, damp sweaty pile. Very hot and very humid here today in West London.
            sigpic

Comment

I used to know a man who could, but we didn't part on good terms, so.......... I really ought to do some of this stuff myself, just can't find any enthusiasm

Whirlpool bath sounds awesome!

Hot and sticky here too - getting a bit fed up with it now

Edit: Just watched a youtube vid of MRI scanner - wish I hadn't
              Last edited by Jumble; 22 July 2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Thank you for my banner.

Ah don't worry about the MRI; it's not so bad once you're in it. Noisy though, and I kept fidgeting so they had me in there for longer than I should have needed. Sometimes they play you music through headphones so you can close your eyes and have a nice sleep. If you're not having full body scan then the chances are your head might not go in the machine (I didn't, my scan was abominable only) so it's not too claustrophobic. You will be fine.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope you're right, I don't want to put my head in. It's being done at a private hospital about 15 minutes away, and the lady who rang said I should get there 15 minutes before the appointment and that the scan itself wood take about 35 minutes - the idea of being right inside was scaring me When the doc I saw the other day said 'scan', I assumed it was like an ultrasonic which I've had on various parts in the past - he didn't say MRI, so I was a bit shocked when I heard about it this morning.

Ho hum, it's just a machine - it'll be fine

I was rooting around in the freezer earlier and came across a pot of Stuart's toffee sauce, left over from when we had dinner here last - it's not there anymore, I warmed it up and poured it over some ice-cream - YUM!!!!!

I feel better now

I'm sure there was some chocolate sauce left over as well...........

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    but I remember, quite clearly, that the father said he lost Hoss' mother when he was born... Of course, I didn't realize there were THREE wives!
                    Oh yes, Daddy Cartwright certainly spread himself around
                    Daddy was Lorne Greene, a Canadian. You know those Canadian boys!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

MRIs aren't terrible - very noisy, and you have to lie still, but over-all not bad. I've had a couple of my head (due to the migraines) so... They couldn't use headphones, since they were imaging my head. And they put my head in a kinda foam block to keep me still. Big thing - don't wear ANY metals, you will have to remove them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Got the 'no metal' message loud and clear from the lady that called, thanks Nola

So we have a new Prince, weighing in at 8lbs 6oz at 4.24pm today - that's great But since that's all anyone knows, what do they hope to fill the next hour of tv with having cancelled the scheduled program?

Comment

Beats me what all the news channels have filled all day with, apparently. There is no more news than the two line announcement which takes approximately 10 seconds to say.

It's lovely news, and congratulations to William and Kate, but really, the media circus is totally absurd.
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Got the 'no metal' message loud and clear from the lady that called, thanks Nola
                            Oh yes. No metal. Forgot that. Actually if you go look at the mechanics of how the MRI works it's really fascinating. I remember the hairs on my body all feeling tingly.

So we have a new Prince, weighing in at 8lbs 6oz at 4.24pm today - that's great But since that's all anyone knows, what do they hope to fill the next hour of tv with having cancelled the scheduled program?
                            Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Beats me what all the news channels have filled all day with, apparently. There is no more news than the two line announcement which takes approximately 10 seconds to say.

It's lovely news, and congratulations to William and Kate, but really, the media circus is totally absurd.
                            Oh blimey isn't it just. I am sure it was never this bad when William was born. yes I remember that quite well.

Congrats to them though. The birth of a new baby is always a joyous occasion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Now the name game begins for the little guy
                              sigpic

Comment

He'll be 'Baby Cambridge' for quite awhile - they don't usually announce the name for at least a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X