The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Love the story of the S.H.I.P.! I feel, in the interests of history and nostalgia and stuff, that I should dig out and blow the dust off the Shiptionary... if it even still exists...

*fails to remember the web address*
    *googles*

Oh look, it does!

Wow. That's, um, quite the blast from the past

Oh my goodness, the MOP website is still there too! And, even more pertinent, the S.H.I.P one as well!

*feels old*
    Yes, you let me down badly - when I was making the story art I had forgotten a word and thought 'Aha! Josi has a link to the Shiptionary under her sig!' but when I found your last post there was no link and I had to shut my eyes and make my mind go blank for several minutes before my memory coughed up the relevant word

Of course they're all still there! Although........ I haven't been to the S.H.I.P. website in a looooong time Nor to my own art website either

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Very disappointing about the PNW DVDs. Really, the only reason for me to buy the DVDs is the extras. Sad there will be virtually no Martin, no Amanda (who directed some episodes) and no Gillian. I found Gillian's commentary in Sanctuary to be very good.
    I'd still buy the dvds for the eps, which I love to watch without the adverts

I wonder if TPTB had known season 4 would be the last for Sanctuary if they would have made more of an effort to do commentaries.
    I don't know if it wood have made any difference, because I think the lack of SF's was due to everybody being so busy. Martin wasn't around for the last two Sanctuary eps because he was filming GFJ: Queen of Hearts, CH was busy on Hell on Wheels, Ryan was doing all sorts of things and Amanda, well, you know Amanda - always doing at least two things at once Just bad luck for us *shrugs*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    One day late but since the party is still going...

All the arties were awesome girls! Especially looved the history of S.H.I.P. Jumble!
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Ha! You took the bait - that cake was laced with an (otherwise harmless ) opiate that sneaks into your brain and convinces you that you must revisit this thread as often as possible! Mwahahaaaaaa!!!
      I was wondering why I wouldn't bookmark this thread to know if there were any replies. Now, I know why.

I've recently had my laptop re-formatted and cleaned - it's amazing how different the keyboard feels now that all the toast crumbs have gone

Hahaaaa! See? It's working
      I once tried to vacum clean my keyboard. Had to recover a key from its bag. Not one of my bright ideas....

It does seem that way - even the last season of Sanctuary had a lot less bts, and hardly any commentaries I realise that time is money and Martin is always very busy, but it really is disappointing when there is so little footage of him How am I supposed to keep my vids different and fresh if I don't get new stuff?
      Don't ever get me started on the measley(?) Hobbit extras. I still have to catch up with Sanctuary. *another one to my to watch list*
      Broccoli Muffins! That's an actual recipe, snurched from google
      Looks nice! They're savoury, right?
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

*waves to JW*

I wasn't around when the Shiptionary, MOP and SHIP website were created, but as they are part of the reason why I came to GW in the first place (because I had to meet the creators of all this awesomeness), they're part of my memories too!

*joins LJ in the warm and fuzzy feelings*
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I have now finished sorting out the wanted and unwanted stuff from my bedroom - I've been really ruthless I just hope that once it's all gone to the dump I don't discover next week/month that I really should have kept some of it because suddenly, after several years, I have found a use for something I've thrown out and can't get another one and absolutely NOTHING else will do

This is the fear that usually prevents me from throwing anything away
          Well you could always get a second house. One for all the things you use at least once a week and one for everything else!

I've recently had my laptop re-formatted and cleaned - it's amazing how different the keyboard feels now that all the toast crumbs have gone
          But didn't the keys fall out??? Nothing to hold them in!
          Last edited by llp; 02 April 2013, 10:28 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            I was wondering why I wouldn't bookmark this thread to know if there were any replies. Now, I know why.

I once tried to vacuum clean my keyboard. Had to recover a key from its bag. Not one of my bright ideas....
            I've done it with the little hand hoover, but it's not very effective. Luckily, none of my keys are loose *touches Wood*

Don't ever get me started on the measley(?) Hobbit extras. I still have to catch up with Sanctuary. *another one to my to watch list*
            You really should watch Sanctuary - one of the best tv show we've seen for years.

I still can't get my head around the fact that really good shows get cancelled whilst really rubbish ones (IMO) go on and on and on

Looks nice! They're savoury, right?
            [/quote] I wood think so.......... I haven't actually tried them

*waves to Jakie*

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Well you could always get a second house. One for all the things you use at least once a week and one for everything else!
              I'm having a hard enough time hanging on to this one

Comment

I've done it with the little hand hoover, but it's not very effective. Luckily, none of my keys are loose *touches Wood*

You really should watch Sanctuary - one of the best tv show we've seen for years.

I still can't get my head around the fact that really good shows get cancelled whilst really rubbish ones (IMO) go on and on and on
                I started to watch it it was still on its online version. Then it got syndicated and no local network was broadcasting. Now, I have ...*cough* alternative ways of watching and I'm tryin to catch up with many series. Sanctuary is one of them.

The criteria they use to choose which series go on and which are cancelled are a mistery to me. I know dozens of cancelled series that were quite popular and series that go on I have no idea who actually watches them. I give up. Audiences, shares, Nielsen.... whatever.

[/quote]
                I wood think so.......... I haven't actually tried them

*waves to Jakie*
                you have the recipe, though? I heard about spinach (!!!!!) cake and it's sweet, so what do I know?
                *waves to Jakie*
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

*flails* I got confirmation today that I can buy Mumford and Sons tickets (it's a new system they're using, hoping to keep tickets away from the scalpers). I only have 2 days to decide if I can afford the $800 for the trip! *flails some more*
                  sigpic

Comment

Those links! Love!

On the other hand, wood it be fair or kind to allow you to spread the ickybah throughout the entire universe?

I think there's something going on at Anderson's - somebody's birthday or something?
                    Really? Sounds lovely.

Good thing you're not the only one, otherwise you'd have been talking to yourself here for the last 4+ years
                    I have!
                    Me: ''That's Icky! Stop! My innocence is in danger! ''
                    Everyone else: ''Lalalala'-inuendooo-lalalaaaa..''

I seem to have that effect on people. And on broccoli., which I actually like.

I'm in denial regarding my own. No missing keys so far.
                    Good!

I'm missing one key. It's my 'page down' one. My bird pulled it off and threw it in the trash.

Running nekkid? I like this thread more and more....
                    WooHood!

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                    *flails* I got confirmation today that I can buy Mumford and Sons tickets (it's a new system they're using, hoping to keep tickets away from the scalpers). I only have 2 days to decide if I can afford the $800 for the trip! *flails some more*
                    Yay!
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hm. Remember our Big Move? Our democratic decision to not re-name and pack our bags, jump in the bus and drive to a whole new world?
                      We were so rebellious.

I was such a great artist.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Yes, you let me down badly - when I was making the story art I had forgotten a word and thought 'Aha! Josi has a link to the Shiptionary under her sig!' but when I found your last post there was no link and I had to shut my eyes and make my mind go blank for several minutes before my memory coughed up the relevant word
                        Oops, sorry. Removed it some time ago in favour of the link to AfA

Although, do I read this correctly and you don't have the link safely filed away somewhere Who are you and what have you done with Jumble?!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        *waves to JW*

I wasn't around when the Shiptionary, MOP and SHIP website were created, but as they are part of the reason why I came to GW in the first place (because I had to meet the creators of all this awesomeness), they're part of my memories too!

*joins LJ in the warm and fuzzy feelings*
                        You mean people outside of GW saw those things?

And you did and still came here??

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        I have!
                        Me: ''That's Icky! Stop! My innocence is in danger! ''
                        Everyone else: ''Lalalala'-inuendooo-lalalaaaa..''
                        Ah, Nad's alternate reality version of events on the Woohoo thread

Hm. Remember our Big Move? Our democratic decision to not re-name and pack our bags, jump in the bus and drive to a whole new world?
                        We were so rebellious.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/DutchIndeed/My%20pictures/SHIP/th_rodtaken.jpg

Oh wow! Yes! We all packed everything up and into the hippy bus, and poked the people who were sleeping underneath it until they got on board, and set off on our long and winding journey. It was a good job Nad had drawn us such a good map because if it had been left to Jumble to navigate we'd never have got here
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

It's my reality!

Oh wow! Yes! We all packed everything up and into the hippy bus, and poked the people who were sleeping underneath it until they got on board, and set off on our long and winding journey. It was a good job Nad had drawn us such a good map because if it had been left to Jumble to navigate we'd never have got here

We'd still be driving on some roundabout...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I started to watch it it was still on its online version. Then it got syndicated and no local network was broadcasting. Now, I have ...*cough* alternative ways of watching and I'm trying to catch up with many series. Sanctuary is one of them.
                              You're in for a treat then - Sanctuary was Awesome!

The criteria they use to choose which series go on and which are cancelled are a mistery to me. I know dozens of cancelled series that were quite popular and series that go on I have no idea who actually watches them. I give up. Audiences, shares, Nielsen.... whatever.

I don't think anyone really knows how these things happen - my theory is that they put all the show names in a very large hat and then draw a few out. The ratio of rubbish shows to good ones is enormous, hence more of the rubbish ones are bound to get through. That has to be it, because nothing else makes sense

you have the recipe, though? I heard about spinach (!!!!!) cake and it's sweet, so what do I know?
                              *waves to Jakie*
                              I do I just have better uses for broccoli than baking it in a cake

We were so rebellious.

Ah yes, I remember it well! That was when we first discovered Bagpuss' Hippy tendencies - and her predilection for broccoli

Oops, sorry. Removed it some time ago in favour of the link to AfA

Although, do I read this correctly and you don't have the link safely filed away somewhere Who are you and what have you done with Jumble?!
                              Unfortunately I did lose some files during my recent re-formatting Blame Martin - my EHD was filled up with his pics, quotes, artwork, trivia, vids etc etc

You mean people outside of GW saw those things?

And you did and still came here??
                              You never know who is watching

She writes interesting fairy stories, doesn't she?

You know, I could take offense at that statement......... if it wasn't true

Hey! I was just taking you the pretty way and making sure that you saw as much of the UK as possible! Besides, we got home in the end, what more could you want?

Comment

I do I just have better uses for broccoli than baking it in a cake
                                What there is a better use for broccoli??? Are you sure???

Originally posted by DutchIndeed
                                Hey! I was just taking you the pretty way and making sure that you saw as much of the UK as possible! Besides, we got home in the end, what more could you want?
                                Hey I like the roundabouts!
                                When I'm not sure which road to turn on, I just keep going around and around until I find the right one.
                                As long as I didn't get dizzy, it worked fine!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X