Comment

Thanks LJ

*bounces some more*

Comment

*takes cold medication and watches Jumble bounce*
          sigpic

Comment

*tosses LJ a hot water bottle and carries on bouncing*

Of course, this could all end in tears, but atm my glass is more than half full

Comment

Yay for Tjinta! baby pups...awww!

*bounces for LJ & 2nd April*

Jumble, I'm the opportunist in the half full/empty glass scenario. I just see it as having room for more wine.

I'm learning to play guitar. Yep, it's taken me 40 odd years to catch up with what every other member of my family can do with ease (except my dad - he played tromobone). I figured it was about time. I have to admit I'm quite terrible at it right now. The cats are scared of me.
              sigpic

Comment

20 years from now, when they're fixing the knee I hurt at the Mumford and Sons concert, I will look up at the nurses in a happy, drug-induced haze and say, "It is STILL sooooo worth it!" and laugh like a loon. Yes, my knee hurts today, lol. SO worth it!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I tried learning guitar many years ago, but it wasn't very successful - mainly because there was no left-handed guitar available and turning a right-handed one upside down was very confusing

*hugs LJ for the dodgy knee*

So, who do we fancy for the new Dr Who now that Matt Smith is leaving? Hmmmm......

I'm going to go with Russell Brand - he'd make an awesome Doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    I tried learning guitar many years ago, but it wasn't very successful - mainly because there was no left-handed guitar available and turning a right-handed one upside down was very confusing
                    Always had the same problem (that and having no musical talent at all!) For some reason I can't knit either because my Mother insisted in showing me the right handed way and I always ended up turning it all around the wrong way!

So, who do we fancy for the new Dr Who now that Matt Smith is leaving? Hmmmm......

I'm going to go with Russell Brand - he'd make an awesome Doctor!
                    Told Ellie this and she is now devestated! Although she say she can be the next Doctor - she reckons it's about time for a girl!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                      Always had the same problem (that and having no musical talent at all!) For some reason I can't knit either because my Mother insisted in showing me the right handed way and I always ended up turning it all around the wrong way!
                      I learned to knit right-handed, no problem - but my brother did it left-handed, so if he needed help I used to sit facing him so it was the right way round for me

Told Ellie this and she is now devestated! Although she say she can be the next Doctor - she reckons it's about time for a girl!
                      Yes indeed! Let's have a lady Doctor

Matt's been the Doctor for four years - quite a long stint really. Now he's made his name he's off to Hollywood

Oh, and Woody passed his MOT no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
                        20 years from now, when they're fixing the knee I hurt at the Mumford and Sons concert, I will look up at the nurses in a happy, drug-induced haze and say, "It is STILL sooooo worth it!" and laugh like a loon. Yes, my knee hurts today, lol. SO worth it!!!
                        You enjoyed it; that's what counts. Rest up that knee.

Funnily enough, I flipped it at one point because my fingers on my right hand are more dexterous (thankyouCarpelTunnelSyndrome) but just got confused with where to put my fingers. Part of my problem is having a left handed mother who insisted on left handing the whole house / way of life despite the rest of us being rightys. I still do some things left handed because that's the only way I know how to do them.

I can now play two chords. Well I can twang a G and I could play the C for a while now. I'm going to multiskill though, and see if I can't remember any of my piano lessons too. Just because playing one will help me learn the other and improve my overall dexterity.

Well done Woody!

A lady Doctor would be kind of cool. Helen Magnus as Doctor Who would be even cooler. Oh imagine that!

I daresay it'll be some unknown rising star again. I'd prefer that actually, since they would have more incentive to stay in role for a decent amount of time. I agree, 4 years is a good innings. I didn't think you'd do better than Tennant as Doctor but Matt's done a grand job at filling big boots. And anyway, I always think the last Doctor was the "best one ever" and nobody can ever replace them or be as good. What do I know!
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Woody!

My mother was left-handed and taught us how to do things that way. The only one it stuck with was my oldest sister - she still irons left-handed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Awww!!! That would be awesome

Yes indeed! Let's have a lady Doctor

Matt's been the Doctor for four years - quite a long stint really. Now he's made his name he's off to Hollywood

Oh, and Woody passed his MOT no problem
                            Congrats Woody!!!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I can now play two chords. Well I can twang a G and I could play the C for a while now. I'm going to multiskill though, and see if I can't remember any of my piano lessons too. Just because playing one will help me learn the other and improve my overall dexterity.
                            Cags that's awesome!!! We'll have to have a woohoo concert or something

I daresay it'll be some unknown rising star again. I'd prefer that actually, since they would have more incentive to stay in role for a decent amount of time. I agree, 4 years is a good innings. I didn't think you'd do better than Tennant as Doctor but Matt's done a grand job at filling big boots. And anyway, I always think the last Doctor was the "best one ever" and nobody can ever replace them or be as good. What do I know!
                            I didn't like Matt So I'm glad to see him gone, lol. And I love that it's always someone whos unknown to the world
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

You don't like Matt's Doctor??? I loved him, hated Tennant Horses for courses once again

When I was a child, left-handers were in the majority in my family - 3 to 2. Back in the old days (insert violins), there were no tools/instruments/utensils made for left-handers, so I had to learn to do everything right-handed. When I got married (the first time), I was given an iron that could be switched from right to left, but having learned (when I was 7 ) to use a RH one I then found I couldn't get on with a LH one Now, on the very very rare occasion that I iron anything (insert shocked faces ), I use a normal iron in my left hand and with the ironing board round the opposite way to 'normal' There are lots of things that I can do with either hand (ambiduodextrous don'tcha know ), including writing, although it's more legible if I use my left hand The number pad on my laptop is on the right, which is a right pain because I can only do that with my left hand Society, and manufacturers in particular, still view lefties as being in the minority and therefore of no consequence But it's not quite so bad now - school teachers no longer rap the knuckles of a child who writes with their left hand, which used to be the norm

/ramble

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                I love both Sci-Fi and Fantasy although I tend to lean towards the latter. My dad loves the Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazney and I've tried and tried again to get into it but it has got to be one of the most complicated books ever written !

Dee have you tried any of the Dragonriders of Pern books by Anne Mcaffrey? Great read! I also love anything and everything by Tamora Pierce although her stuff is mostly for teens. Try Diana Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle - a really beautiful story and a wonderful Studio Ghibli adaptation. She has a range of other novels as well which I'm planning on diving into soon. And just because Josi isn't here to do it herself - anything by Neil Gaiman is just an absolute joy to read
                                I love Tamora Pierce! She's one of my faves.

Hm. Makes my recent read of The Secret Garden sound pretty tame I remember watching it as a series on tv when I was very young, so when I saw I could get it free for my Kindle I couldn't resist. Glad I read it though, so much more depth in the book than I remember from the tv version

I read quite a variety - Stephen King (The Dark Tower was a heck of a marathon!), Dick Francis, any cop/murder/mystery I can get my hands on, Lee Child (read all his Jack Reacher books), Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, and yes, I admit it, I've read all of Alan Titchmarsh's novels
                                The Secret Garden is an excellent book, so is A Little Princess. Such great books for young girls.
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X