The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    That's very true. A nice and relaxing week kind of feels needed to be honest. I've been exhausted a lot lately, though my low iron count would contribute to that, I think I have been doing a LOT.

I hope so. I hear so many people sliding on the roads, slamming breaks on and it just looks dicey. fingers crossed the snow really does go away soon!
    Well done you for driving in the snow! I hate it - definitely my least favourite driving conditions. Managed to battle into work this morning though my normal 15 minute commute took the best part of an hour Funnily enough I took a different route onto the motorway to avoid the side roads and noted that driving around Wakefield all the drivers were very polite, staying the requisite 4+ seconds away from each other and no one driving too fast. That all finished the minute I got onto the motorway - i.e. into a Leeds postcode. Leeds drivers IMO are definitely some of the worst in the country

RE slamming on brakes though - this drives me mad!! The worst thing you can do in the snow is rev the engine too much or slam on the brakes - slow and steady all the way! Although I have to say I did break my own rule to get up the little hill at our work car park, had to reverse up the street, rev the engine and take a run at it to get the car in. Admittedly, quite a lot of fun!
    Last edited by Sarai; 21 January 2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      It was supposed to be a hug for one special woohoo but I guess you'll do

kiiiiiiiidinnnng... I know you know, but I want you to be sure to know that I know that you know... hmm...
      Of course

No no. See snow = be crazy on the road, because if you're not extra fast, you might never get home!!!! You'll be stuck in the snow!
      A very accurate description

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Well done you for driving in the snow! I hate it - definitely my least favourite driving conditions. Managed to battle into work this morning though my normal 15 minute commute took the best part of an hour Funnily enough I took a different route onto the motorway to avoid the side roads and noted that driving around Wakefield all the drivers were very polite, staying the requisite 4+ seconds away from each other and no one driving too fast. That all finished the minute I got onto the motorway - i.e. into a Leeds postcode. Leeds drivers IMO are definitely some of the worst in the country

RE slamming on breaks though - this drives me mad!! The worst thing you can do in the snow is rev the engine too much or slam on the breaks - slow and steady all the way! Although I have to say I did break my own rule to get up the little hill at our work car park, had to reverse up the street, rev the engine and take a run at it to get the car in. Admittedly, quite a lot of fun!
      That's how I got back up my driveway

And I'm sorry, but I've got to say it: your cars don't have breaks, they have BRAKES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        And I'm sorry, but I've got to say it: your cars don't have breaks, they have BRAKES!!

*shields your eyes*

*edits post*

Hardly got any sleep last night - that's my only pitiful excuse!

Comment

...slow and steady all the way!

*ponders the possibility of Ickybahing up that statement*

Wow Wendy, I take a bow to you for driving in that. Here's me, experienced driver and I won't touch the car when it's like this. Mind you that thing out there weights 2 ton and it's not a 4WD so if I get stuck I get proper stuck. Plus I can't reach to sweep the snow off the roof.

I got a huge package from Accidenture today, inviting me to the shareholder AGM in New York. I've only got about 20 shares but they send me an invite every year. One of these days I might just go and heckle from the back. Meanwhile, I think I'll give this 280 page document a miss but if anyone wants to read it and send me some bullet points I don't mind. No takers? No? Oh well!
          sigpic

Comment

*wonders if anyone will Ickybah up the "huge package*

sigpic

Comment

*shields your eyes*

*edits post*

Hardly got any sleep last night - that's my only pitiful excuse!
              You weren't the only one And it may simply be that having read it in other posts your brain just copied it

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

We don't need to now - you've already done it by auto-suggestion

Comment

I can't believe people slam their brakes on. When my dad was teaching me about driving in the snow - the first rule was no harsh breaking, etc, no over revving - so I can't don't understand why there are others who don't know this! It seems kind of common sense.

I quite liked the challenge of driving in snow and ice, but it's definitely not something I'd like to do much of.
                Though your way of parking does sound fun...
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

No.

I don't like driving on the snow either, but I have to admit it sometimes feels really cool. When I turn to park the car in front of the house it always does this thing where I'm not quite sure if it'll actually park or just spin me around... it always turns though.
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I can't believe people slam their brakes on. When my dad was teaching me about driving in the snow - the first rule was no harsh breaking, etc, no over revving - so I can't don't understand why there are others who don't know this! It seems kind of common sense.

I quite liked the challenge of driving in snow and ice, but it's definitely not something I'd like to do much of.
                    I think it's instinct. I know not to do it, and yet sometimes I do it (especially if it's the first snow and I don't really remember that my car's gonna spin if I do that)
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*gigglez* Big package.
                      sigpic

Comment

You know, I heard this rumour that not everybody has their common sense properly installed, or if it is installed properly they don't understand how to use it. Apparently this problem is mainly found in the brains of the male of the species, but has been found, very occasionally, in females.

I hate it. I try to avoid it, but if I absolutely have to do it I'm very careful and sigh with relief when I'm safely back home again.

Comment

Charles used to find a nice quiet wide road with no parked car and plenty of ice and rev it up deliberately to put a spin on it... mostly to show off and impress the lady (i.e. me) I think! he wasn't very complex when it came to impressing women! He was a professional driver though, and back in those days they used to do this as part of their training. Needless to say, Chiswick works is now a block of flats and drivers don't get that sort of training these days.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, the skidpan! Haven't we all really wanted to do that? Just once?

Comment

God yes! Those buses, by the way, you could lean them to about 75 degrees before they would tip over. I love the old routemasters... gah I am such a bus groupie!
                              Last edited by Cagranosalis; 21 January 2013, 02:34 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Where's the Woohoodstock Administration when you need them?

Comment

Working...
                                X