The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
    My little doll came in the mail yesterday, thus the huggling.

Oh, oh, oh! Sign me up for Sekrit Santa! Always so much fun!

*smooches Joe*
    Ah, I thought that might be it

So now I can show pictures.............

LJ met lots of her WooHoo friends.........

... look at the cameral Jakie

Of course, we couldn't give our little LJ any alcohol, but she enjoyed her coffee.... and ate half the chocolates
    Last edited by Jumble; 21 November 2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Love the pics.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow American Woohoos.

And does anyone have the link to the Shipsgiving thread? I was out of town on Saturday at a Steampunk event so I didn't make it. I was up really early and got back late. Second year in a row Shipsgiving and the All Florida Picnic fell on the same day.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

First, I need to say that the video about Sam Carter from Wiki made me laugh Really
        Second, why do you think Zelenka is creepy? He's not, come on. What made you think about like that?

CONGRATS JANN!

Great pictures I love them but I have a question (please, excuse my stupidity ) Who the dolls are? Or why do you even have dolls?
        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Me too on the fanfic. I've totally made peace with the fact they are in my head and, happy with that, but wish we'd had that last chance to see it verified on screen. Although AT did tweet (yes, I've gone over to the dark side) that she's working on something as Sam Carter the other day so I think maybe a audio book, a game or something similar. You never can say never again in TV world.
          In my mind they are a couple as well! And that's all what matters

As for Bones. Oh I hated the way they got them together. Driven - I know - by the necessity of Emily Deschanel's (sp?) real life pregnancy but it felt false. And then it felt almost too fanficcy. I'm afraid I sort of lost interest after she had the baby and haven't seen any since. I may have to try and pick it back up again.
          One couple I loved and had true potential was the Lie To Me ship. gah, why did they cancel that. TV execs are stoopid!
          Indeed, everytime I watch the show; and it's now finally getting back into its groove that it fascinates me again, I don't see the chemistry between B/B. Yes they are together, but you don't really notice/see the love between them. No touches, handholding or whatever....only the scripted moments every now and then! It annoys me.

But Castle...

Season 5 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          ... just about has it right. Right at the point where he slammed her up against the door and kissed her face off... I swear it was the hottest "finally getting their thing together" scene I've seen since... well since Moonlighting actually, and we all know how that one turned out.
          I just think the whole relationship as it's played out has been pretty real. They haven't shied away from it but they haven't made it The Focus every single scene, every single week. Instead it's more become a thing that defines how these characters react to the situations they find themselves in than the driving focus of the series. They timed it just right too; 4 years is about the limit most shippers will believe a couple can hold out on each other when they're so obviously in love. It's really proving that it can be done and it doesn't ruin the series if you do it.

Yes Castle is a lot better
          Spoiler:
          I really like how this couple is working out! They're showing that they're in love! They have these small moments and are just cute without it being too much! The show is still centred on the murders and uses this as a side story! Yeah; I like it! I hope they keep going this way and don't change the show by focusing it too much on Castle/Becket and don't make it like they argue all the time or force them to have fights...

Time will tell if it really works...but for now it does and I hope Bones picks up on how Castle works with its couple and acts up.

*giggles at the pictures of "LJ" at AT6!* Awesome!

And thank you for the congrats!
          Last edited by starlover; 21 November 2012, 12:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
            First, I need to say that the video about Sam Carter from Wiki made me laugh Really
            Second, why do you think Zelenka is creepy? He's not, come on. What made you think about like that?

CONGRATS JANN!

Great pictures I love them but I have a question (please, excuse my stupidity ) Who the dolls are? Or why do you even have dolls?
            You're not stupid

When we went to AT6, Bekki was sad that she couldn't come with us, so she sent a little ragdoll to represent her....

.... and we got Amanda to sign Bekkidoll's label then sent it back to Bekki. So for AT6, I got a doll to take representing Luvnjoe, put her WooHoo badge on her and got Amanda to sign a card for her and then popped it in the post to LJ

The identity of the other doll will remain secret for the time being
            Last edited by Jumble; 21 November 2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Love the posted pics!

Congrats Jann! *bounces*

Yay for all the other happy things I missed
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Yay, LJ got her doll

And huge congrats to Jann and family! She's adorable! Enjoy being an auntie

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Me too on the fanfic. I've totally made peace with the fact they are in my head and, happy with that, but wish we'd had that last chance to see it verified on screen. Although AT did tweet (yes, I've gone over to the dark side) that she's working on something as Sam Carter the other day so I think maybe a audio book, a game or something similar. You never can say never again in TV world.
                As for Bones. Oh I hated the way they got them together. Driven - I know - by the necessity of Emily Deschanel's (sp?) real life pregnancy but it felt false. And then it felt almost too fanficcy. I'm afraid I sort of lost interest after she had the baby and haven't seen any since. I may have to try and pick it back up again.
                One couple I loved and had true potential was the Lie To Me ship. gah, why did they cancel that. TV execs are stoopid!
                But Castle...

Season 5 spoilers
                Spoiler:
                ... just about has it right. Right at the point where he slammed her up against the door and kissed her face off... I swear it was the hottest "finally getting their thing together" scene I've seen since... well since Moonlighting actually, and we all know how that one turned out.
                I just think the whole relationship as it's played out has been pretty real. They haven't shied away from it but they haven't made it The Focus every single scene, every single week. Instead it's more become a thing that defines how these characters react to the situations they find themselves in than the driving focus of the series. They timed it just right too; 4 years is about the limit most shippers will believe a couple can hold out on each other when they're so obviously in love. It's really proving that it can be done and it doesn't ruin the series if you do it.

Amen to that!

Can anyone remember what episodes of SG 1 the 8th chevron got used? Or specifically if someone says "Chevron 8 locked" or something similar. My mind has gone totally blank!
                The Fifth Race? Season 3.
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ah that's the one. Thanks Josi!
                  sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ doll* I luuuurv it! And the pics made ma laugh! Looks like she had a good time!
                    sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ doll* I luuuurv it! And the pics made ma laugh! Looks like she had a good time!
                      Oh yes, she had a very good time But she was perfectly behaved at all times, unlike the Bekkidoll

Comment

For the American Woohoos

Happy Thanksgiving

sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving American Woohoos
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Just popping in (in the day time YAY!) to say my dad has been stupidly kind and lent me his laptop - so I can now get on the internet at a normal time rather than 3 or 4am

Hope everyone is well, and happy thanksgiving & hugs to the American woohoos!

Oh and those ragdolls are cute!!!
                            sigpic
                            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

thanks for all the well wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving - And may I extend that to all my fellow US Woohoos!

A a joyful time to all my Woohoos - especially those enjoying the broccoli!
                              Last edited by llp; 22 November 2012, 08:14 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

So, we have a one-day strike today. National protest all over Quebec, and there's a march in Montreal today and blah-blah-blah. You'd think people would be happy. We had a six-month strike and *won*. (Which did cause a few problems with our semesters, but as it was for the better, I can pass it over.) The raise in tuition fees was dropped. It might not be ideal, and I've heard that the decision isn't 100%, but if something happens it's going to be over a year or so because the new government is looking into ways of not raising tuition. But that's not enough. People now want free access to University, and although I agree that the concept is great and ideal, it's NOT going to happen. I'd *love* for school to be free and accessible to everyone, but that's not going to happen. Not right now. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic and not wanting things to change, but I'm tired of turning on the news and hearing that students are in the streets protesting. This strike is only one day, but the other one started with one day here and there, and after a year we voted for an unlimited strike that made history. I'm not ready to go there again -- I don't think it will, but let me be a bit worried.

Anyway, rant over. Back to your usual happy schedule. I'm just going to enjoy my day off and try not to worry about the grand scheme of things.

And all this talk on ships has put me in a shippy mood! I've been reading S/J fics for the past... hour or so. I completely agree with you all on Castle, but I haven't watch Bones, so I wouldn't know about that one.
                                But I did watch House, and this is the only show that I actually stopped watching before the end. I always hang on to shows because, even if characters depart/ships don't get together, I still like the *show*. House lost me halfway through season 7. In that vein, I will say that I prefer the way the SG PTB handled Sam/Jack, than the way House/Cuddy was (not) handled.

But yes Castle. Castle are doing things right.

Congrats on autiedom Jann! She is absolutely adorable.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Why on earth didn't they get everything working before they inflicted the new version on us? I'm back on the previous, working version, and I'm staying there thankyouverymuch!
                                Me too. Very happy with the old one.

My little doll came in the mail yesterday, thus the huggling.
                                Oh, that explains it! Happy you got it!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Ah, I thought that might be it

So now I can show pictures.............

[center]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/LJ-group.jpg
                                LJ met lots of her WooHoo friends.........
                                Oh, I love that picture! Think you can send me the GW-unfriendly version Jumble?

Yessss! I learn my lessons well.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X