No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called a "practical" nurse who suggested I make an appt with my doctor first thing in the morning. Even getting dressed is going to be a major effort! Driving to a doctor that is 35 miles away! No way - so I will have to find an unknown one near the house. However, not sure I should be driving. I have two people I know that live about 10 minutes from here but both are in school and I'm not going to make them miss their classes...so I will just sit here or lay here and whine! Basically, if you are on your own....you suffer until you are forced to go to the doctor or totally run out of food. I should have had my friends buy me a lot of frozen food before they left but didn't think about it! Today I do feel a little better, but still fairly lousy! I'm just going to have to deal with it! One of the draw backs of moving into a state where I know no one. Beginning to rethink that idea a little right now!

Going back to my bed!
    sigpic

Comment

*huggles Laurie* It's really bad that they don't send anyone to you to help you! *huggles again*

Happy (belated) Woohoo birthday!

Finally back to just having my own dog! Got to hear earlier this week that they prolonged my masters degree with half a year...so from February on still two years of school left.
      Must say for a communication degree they communicated that really bad to us!

Still hoping to be around more now everything is slowly calming down a bit!

I hope everyone else is fine!
      sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

((((Laurie)))) Hope it'll get better in time!

Our docs visit at home as well. And I'm lucky that I live in an area where pretty much everyone has their 'house doctor' within a 500 meter radius. Ours is literally around the corner and that has come in handy at several occasions.

*hugs Jann for school issues*

And when I grow up, I want a big balloon as well. *nods*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*carefully squishy huggles Laurie* That really sucks Hope that you can get to a doctor and also get some people to fetch you some food and help you out. And really really really hope you can get better in time for AT6!

*squishy huggles Jann* Good to see you And LOVE the sig/avi!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

...why the balloon Nad!?! Did I miss something or is it because of the skydiving guy?

Thanks Josi! I thought after all this time I needed to change it, plus I rebooted my old laptop yesterday and saw all my arties on it and just had to PS after seeing that!

*huggles back*(for both of ya)
            sigpic

Comment

*general huggles all around!*

Graduate school is infamous for didling students. Always something they don't tell you or they change.

Oh, and we have to pay for an ambulance in either case - emergency or not. My husband has had 7 heart attacks, and we've had to pay for the ambulance each time.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

I reckon all the UKers that moan about the NHS should try living without it for awhile - they'd soon change their minds

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Called a "practical" nurse who suggested I make an appt with my doctor first thing in the morning. Even getting dressed is going to be a major effort! Driving to a doctor that is 35 miles away! No way - so I will have to find an unknown one near the house. However, not sure I should be driving. I have two people I know that live about 10 minutes from here but both are in school and I'm not going to make them miss their classes...so I will just sit here or lay here and whine! Basically, if you are on your own....you suffer until you are forced to go to the doctor or totally run out of food. I should have had my friends buy me a lot of frozen food before they left but didn't think about it! Today I do feel a little better, but still fairly lousy! I'm just going to have to deal with it! One of the draw backs of moving into a state where I know no one. Beginning to rethink that idea a little right now!

Going back to my bed!
                  I'm sure you said, but it was probably before I really came back to this thread...What state did you move to? And I hope you feel better soon...

Ambulances...Yeah, a few years ago a friend had an allergic reaction to peanut butter. She had an epipen, but didn't know how to give it to herself. I had training in administering them, so we went into the bathroom so I could give it to her. Turns out she had a different type that had a needle on both ends (though she didn't know it) so there was a special way to administer it. Suffice it to say, while she got some of the medicine, I also got a needle through the thumb.

The EMT came with the ambulance and looked at me. They said I should also go to the hospital since it literally went through one side of my thumb and out the other through my nail. I was going to have someone drive me, but my friend asked if I could just go in the ambulancee with her. They said sure, and off we went.

Then came the bill! Since I rode in the ambulance and received medical care at the hospital, they charged me for the ambulance ride. But did they split it between the two of us? NO!!!! They charged each of us the full amount of an ambulance ride!!!! It wouldn't have been as big of a deal if they had split the charge between the two of us, but they charged us each the full amount!!! We were soooooooooo mad!

Yeah, the home visit doc is a thing of the past here. Every once in a while, mostly in small towns, especially in the south or New England, you'll get a doc who makes home visits, but it's the exception rather than the rule. We have home care nurses, and occasionally if you are bad off enough that you have a 24 hour home nurse you might have a doc come to you. When I was born the doctors who were going to be my pediatric doctors at the childrens doctor office were on hand at the hospital, but that's because they had hospital privledges there. But I remember going to the doctor office for all manner of things as a kid. They had two waiting rooms (though I don't see how it did much good since they were only seperated by a tiny bit of a hallway), one for regular check-ups and one for sick kids. And it was soo unfair!!! The sick kids were the ones who had a play piece in the waiting room!!! The well kids had a few baby puzzles and some kid magazines.

Where I live right now I do know of some people to whom the docs make exceptions and do home visits, but those people are usually the elderly and "town staples" so again, it's the exception. I might could call my local doc's number with questions, but if it is after hours the message would likely tell me to call the hospital or go to the hospital.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    I'm sure you said, but it was probably before I really came back to this thread...What state did you move to? And I hope you feel better soon...

Ambulances...Yeah, a few years ago a friend had an allergic reaction to peanut butter. She had an epipen, but didn't know how to give it to herself. I had training in administering them, so we went into the bathroom so I could give it to her. Turns out she had a different type that had a needle on both ends (though she didn't know it) so there was a special way to administer it. Suffice it to say, while she got some of the medicine, I also got a needle through the thumb.

The EMT came with the ambulance and looked at me. They said I should also go to the hospital since it literally went through one side of my thumb and out the other through my nail. I was going to have someone drive me, but my friend asked if I could just go in the ambulancee with her. They said sure, and off we went.

Then came the bill! Since I rode in the ambulance and received medical care at the hospital, they charged me for the ambulance ride. But did they split it between the two of us? NO!!!! They charged each of us the full amount of an ambulance ride!!!! It wouldn't have been as big of a deal if they had split the charge between the two of us, but they charged us each the full amount!!! We were soooooooooo mad!

Yeah, the home visit doc is a thing of the past here. Every once in a while, mostly in small towns, especially in the south or New England, you'll get a doc who makes home visits, but it's the exception rather than the rule. We have home care nurses, and occasionally if you are bad off enough that you have a 24 hour home nurse you might have a doc come to you. When I was born the doctors who were going to be my pediatric doctors at the childrens doctor office were on hand at the hospital, but that's because they had hospital privledges there. But I remember going to the doctor office for all manner of things as a kid. They had two waiting rooms (though I don't see how it did much good since they were only seperated by a tiny bit of a hallway), one for regular check-ups and one for sick kids. And it was soo unfair!!! The sick kids were the ones who had a play piece in the waiting room!!! The well kids had a few baby puzzles and some kid magazines.

Where I live right now I do know of some people to whom the docs make exceptions and do home visits, but those people are usually the elderly and "town staples" so again, it's the exception. I might could call my local doc's number with questions, but if it is after hours the message would likely tell me to call the hospital or go to the hospital.
                    I moved to Washington state a little over 5 years ago.

Oh and I ordered groceries over the internet from a big chain. Will arrive sometime between 1 and 2 pm tomorrow. But no doctor yet!

They say money talks but:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by llp; 14 October 2012, 09:09 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      I moved to Washington state a little over 5 years ago.

Oh and I ordered groceries over the internet from a big chain. Will arrive sometime between 1 and 2 pm tomorrow. But no doctor yet!

They say money talks but:
                      Ahh...I know the feeling. I moved to Oklahoma for college and don't have many people close to me. I have friends here, but most live anywhere from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours away, and they tend to share the car with other family members. I have some family here, but they live a good 4-6 hours away. There are doctors here, but many don't take the insurance I am on through my mother, and the only close places for groceries are Walmart or United. We've got about 6 stores that cater to farming supplies and needs though, lol!! And since the area has a high Spanish population, we've got lots of those little clothes shops run by Spanish people where you pretty much have to know Spanish in order to shop there.

It stinks sometimes knowing a friend won't just be stopping by for a visit and that I can't just pop over in the afternoon. You have to have at least 20 miles worth of gas to get from this town to the next one and back, and with the gas prices these days it means rarely being able to just visit people spur of the moment.

I'm glad you were able to order groceries at least. Food is good, lol. I hope you get in touch with the doctor and can figure out how to get there or can convince them to either break practice with a home visit or arrange transportation for you so you don't have to drive. And/or are able to find a doctor really close to see.

LOL!!!! Aint that the truth!!! I swear, the money is usually gone before you even earn it. My mom's entire paycheck, minus about $100, is aleady dedicated to specific bills and expenses, before she even knows how much she made that pay period. And most of that $100 usually ends up with bills and expenses anyway.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

I'm eating gummy bears out of protest all day long... and I'm a wee bit sick And the bag's not nearly done...

Great to see you Jann!!!

As for health care, we don't get visiting doctors either, and there's always one hospital in the city that's 'on call' that gets all the patients for certain days and even the ambulance guys get it wrong sometimes... I remember when a friend of mine was shot and they took him to the hospital they thought was on call and then had to go to a different hospital because they got their schedules mixed up. Luckily he pulled through but it was a close call.

Laurie glad you're getting the food delivered that way, mighty convenient! Even for when the back is not hurting ... if you could order doctors that way, now that would be cool... there's an idea!

Nad, I hear there's only one of those balloons left, so you better grow up quickly!

Funnily, I missed the jump. I was at a friends house and instead of staying and watching it, I thought I should go home, and I'll catch the jump, but got stuck in traffic. History in the making and I missed it.

*stuffs some more gummy bears* Dear god I will never ever eat these things again. After ingesting nearly 200gr it starts tasting like foam...
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

What are you protesting about Dee?

AT6 Attendees

Anyone interested in attending the chocolate party should go and add their names to the list here

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            What are you protesting about Dee?

AT6 Attendees

Anyone interested in attending the chocolate party should go and add their names to the list here
                            I have no idea any more.... the lack of food I think

I was thinking about attending the chocolate party but still unsure... I can be a little crazy when it comes to chocolate.
                            sigpic

Comment

You can put yourself down as a 'maybe' - it's just so they have an idea of the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                You can put yourself down as a 'maybe' - it's just so they have an idea of the numbers
                                I don't do things half way Kidding... It's a large group of people already, and I know only you on that list that are sure MoB and Laurie are maybe, and I don't really do well with strangers which is something I'm working on, agrhsekd... Maybe, maybe, maybe... have to think about it some more, but probably not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X