The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
    That stinks!! If it were me, I'd speak to the friend and explain that the place is still too cluttered and you don't feel comfortable with a bunch of people, let alone strangers, seeing it like that. Tell her that, while you understand she'd like the company of her son-in-law for the drive, you just aren't comfortable with his girlfriend whom you haven't met staying with you. And on top of it, while it's a lot more put together than it was, the house still isn't ready for more than one or two guests at a time. Tell her that perhaps next time it will be more put together and able to host the girlfriend.

Though, IMO, she should have checked with you first, before even asking her son-in-law. And she definately should have checked with you before he asked his girlfriend!! It's extremely impolite to just assume that extra guests are okay, especially if some of those guests are strangers.

And the pajamas...Ehh...Depends on what they look like lol. I usually wear a tank top and either pants or shorts for mine, so I don't really care who sees me in them. I've even gone to the store in them. Of course, in this part of the country it's rather common to be at the store in PJs, though some of us at least have the decency to put on a bra lol. It's your house, unless it makes you massively uncomfortable, wear whatever the heck you want. If he's uncomfortable, it's his problem, and maybe his MIL's problem. You should be comfortable in the privacy of your own house.

That's my two cents on it lol. Good luck with it all!
    The thing is she doesn't realize she is doing anything "unconventional" until someone told her. Apparently her sister had a talk with her because I got an email saying if I'm uncomfortable about it -- let her know. But I also know that the drive up here is very long (about 8 or 9 hours each way) and this will be the 3rd long drive (round trip) she has made in about 4 weeks. So driving up here is going to be a struggle for her!
    sigpic

Comment

*Avoids the dancing Josi* If I try to join in Someone. Will. Get. Hurt!!

*Huggle* Estrela

The program that Ellie was filming over the summer for BBC 2 has been showing for a few weeks now, but the Children haven't been in it yet (Apparently they are in the last few episodes starting next week) Today she got a parcel delivered from the filming company containing a photo of their group with the presenters, a hand written letter from the director saying thank you for her help and the book of the series signed with personal dedications from the presenters. I thought that was a nice touch

*Trips over own feet on way out of thread*
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*run by hugs*

*dances*

Fully clothed.

*thinks*

*takes socks off*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post

Sooooo, they say the best way to ease your own troubles is to do something for someone else so I'm here to sprinkle the thread with long overdue (from me) huggles and to do some dancing to encourage some smiles for everyone...not nekkid dancing though. I'm not that brave.
          I gave the WooHoo dancers little swimsuits...

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*twirls back through the thread to say thank you!*
            Woohoos are the best spirit lifters evah!

*fist pump for genetics *
            But of course!

*tickles Nad's bare feet before leaving*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              The thing is she doesn't realize she is doing anything "unconventional" until someone told her. Apparently her sister had a talk with her because I got an email saying if I'm uncomfortable about it -- let her know. But I also know that the drive up here is very long (about 8 or 9 hours each way) and this will be the 3rd long drive (round trip) she has made in about 4 weeks. So driving up here is going to be a struggle for her!
              I understand that...It's the part about her not even to think of asking you about the girlfriend that really boggles my mind. I can understand wanting company for a drive, and thinking it probably won't be a problem, but to not even consider that you wouldn't want the son-in-laws girlfriend as well...And then that HE didn't think he should get permission first either! Unless he asked her, and she just said yes. In which case, he probably assumed she asked you if it would be okay for his girlfriend to tag along.

I don't know...Maybe it's just how I was raised. I'd never even think of bringing people without asking permission first. Heck, I don't even bring extra people on my own planned outtings with friends without first asking those other friends. I don't even take my mom with me when visiting my cousin without asking her first if it's okay for me to bring my mom. And my mom is her aunt, so I know it shouldn't be a problem, but I still ask!

Hopefully it won't feel that uncomfortable one they actually all get there.
              sigpic
              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                I understand that...It's the part about her not even to think of asking you about the girlfriend that really boggles my mind. I can understand wanting company for a drive, and thinking it probably won't be a problem, but to not even consider that you wouldn't want the son-in-laws girlfriend as well...And then that HE didn't think he should get permission first either! Unless he asked her, and she just said yes. In which case, he probably assumed she asked you if it would be okay for his girlfriend to tag along.

I don't know...Maybe it's just how I was raised. I'd never even think of bringing people without asking permission first. Heck, I don't even bring extra people on my own planned outtings with friends without first asking those other friends. I don't even take my mom with me when visiting my cousin without asking her first if it's okay for me to bring my mom. And my mom is her aunt, so I know it shouldn't be a problem, but I still ask!

Hopefully it won't feel that uncomfortable one they actually all get there.
                I totally agree - I was brought up that way as well - and so was she. However, she has always been this way somewhat, but since the traggic death of her daughter she has gone overboard to try and please everyone. Very sad. Personally I don't want anyone here right now - but I need her to drive me home from the colonoscopy I am having on Wednesday. Which is one reason I don't want anyone in the house on Tuesday! But they are arriving on Monday! Bad enough to be embarrassed among friends - but with one person I only kind of know and one I have never met - not going to be my favorite day. But then - it is going to have to be I guess. However, I am not feeding them (very little food in the house right now) and not going to cater to them in any way - I am not going to be up to being the [near] "perfect" hostess. And my friend has been advised of that fact. But they still want to come - so be it!
                sigpic

Comment

*pokes thread* is quiet in here today

Laurie is there nowhere else the S-I-L and his GF can stay - a local hotel or something - at least that your Friend can have the company to drive up, you don't have to worry about them crowding your house AND they can have time to themselves and explore the area.

Just been listening to Ellie practicing her guitar - I have no idea where her musical talent comes from (possibly her Father if I remember rightly ) She's currently learning a song to play in the orchestra at Christmas. Amazing how even only 1/2 an hours practice seems to make a big difference in her playing

On a side note I had my Broadband replace with Fibre-optic yesterday and O.M.G the speed difference is amazing. I have a movie/tv streaming subscription and have struggled with it and was on the verge of cancelling it because of the frustratingly slow internet connection I had. Not any more!
                  sigpic

Comment

Very quiet... Hmm... If I had more energy I'd run nekkid, but as it is I think I'll just curl up here on the Woohoo couch and snooze

Oh, and start blowing up balloons ready for Nad's birthday tomorrow. Plus, hey, aren't we coming up to the thread anniversary soon? Tell me we're gonna party!
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Balloons? I'm getting balloons?!
                      *bounces*

I wish I could play guitar. I once started to learn, but I stopped because playing is so much cooler than practicing. It wood have completed my hippyism. I wood have been building illegal campfires and play Bob Dylan/Beatles/whateverrocksmyboat songs every night.
                      My dad played, my brother does... I inherited my mother's musical talent.
                      She does silly little dance moves and sings along badly. *nods*

But hey.
                      I'm getting balloons tomorrow!

And I think we're having an improv party the 12th. Just show up and bring something WooHoodStock-ey.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I was an invigilator this morning for the SATs. Didn't get home until almost 2 pm. Not much of a weekend left

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Nad!

And now for some goodies:

sigpic

Comment

Someone wanted balloons for her birthday?
                            sigpic

Comment

NAD!!!

(closest to a hippy bus I could find!)

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Nad
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...