Clear All

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*runz through thread...nekkid*

sigpic

Comment

OMG!

This thread's been turned into the Joe Maloohooozi thread.

*huggles LJ* Loving the bounciness.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          OMG!

This thread's been turned into the Joe Maloohooozi thread.

*huggles LJ* Loving the bounciness.
          Woo, I like that name! Although, I think a Joe thread wood have to be...like..."The Joe Mallozzi Snark City Thread", or "Mallozzi Madness (no cranky-pants allowed!)"...or..."LJ's 'special' thread that she thinks Joe reads--humor her". You know...something like that...
          sigpic

Comment

I'm all for giving Joe some love too!

today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Well I am all moved in....boxes and all - lots and lots of boxes. Working on one room at a time (sort of). First one - master bathroom, next one guest bedroom (having someone over to the house in about 10 days so need to be able to have her get to her bed! After that - probably the kitchen. Eating out is going to get old very quickly. Besides, I have so many boxes in there that they are 4 high and about 6 stacks plus on every counter - they can't all be kitchen things.

Today my new washer and dryer were delivered. My computer is functional. My TV has been set up (and thanks to the Dish TV guy - he pulled all my cables through so I wouldn't have to get on my hands and knees!) Oh and my new bed was delivered....all about at the same time. Was like a circus here.

Only issue left - no trash cans or recycle cans. Apparently you can't transfer them over (not that it makes a difference since the former owner cut the water and power instead of escrow transferring like they were suppose to! - but that's another story and another $120.) Won't get delivery until next week - hopefully before trash day which is Thurs! So unfair. No where to even dump my kitty litter cleanup - so went to McDonald's for supper and used their trash can!

Have emptied about 11 or 12 boxes with more to come (about 80+ more or 180+ more - really not sure anymore)! Very tiring so I have quit for the day. Going to watch TV and relax for the rest of the evening!

Oh have met several of the neighbors. They walk around a lot here and when they see me they come over and introduce themselves - don't remember one name! but will eventually = I'm sure! One guy came into the house yesterday (door was open for the movers) - officially he let me know about the trash cans - unofficially I think he was just curious which is okay (I guess)! Said he talked with the old owner a lot but no one ever got invited inside! Very strange. But he is nice and my next door neighbor so I suspect I'll be seeing him a lot!

Anyhow, that is my story for today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I had a great night's sleep last night for almost 8 hours! Been awhile since that has happened. But nothing to worry about or deal with now - I hope! So I suspect I'll sleep well tonight as well!

Oh - sorry for such a long disertation - but yesteday i had no computer or TV - making up for it today!
              sigpic

Comment

Wonderful news! Well, not about the trash and recycling, or the power and water, nor the mountains of boxes yet to go, but good that you're finally there.
                sigpic

Comment

Great for you Laurie! Glad to see that everything is more or less on schedule! And seems you have some nice neighbors
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Glad to hear you've finally got the move over Laurie

Sadly, my day hasn't gone well. I was woken by a very tearful Suz asking if I could take her to the stables because Mr T......

..... had been found dead in his field. He was only 8 years old. There was no sign of foul play, and the vet says it was most likely a heart attack that killed him. Apparently it's not uncommon. Poor Wrex was very subdued and snuggled up to me while Suz went to say goodbye to Mr T. He'd been Wrex's friend and playmate for almost two years, and he'll miss him terribly - we all will.

On a lighter note, my eyes are doing well and seem to have sorted out which one does what - my only problem is that I keep finding the goggles I'm supposed to wear at night for a week (to stop me rubbing my eyes whilst asleep) sitting on the bedside unit each morning. I'm obviously removing them in my sleep - not going to work then are they?

Comment

Hi Laurie, welcome to your new home, glad that you had a good night sleep, don't over do opening all the boxes...

Jumble, are we going to have to duck tape the googles to you...you don't want to risk touching your eyes at night!!

Sorry to hear about Mr T..hugs to Suz ((hug))

Bye for now.
                      sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

(((Suz)))
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Oh no Jumble that's awful, *hugs* to everyone
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Nola. Love the radioactive one. Hmm!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            My TV has been set up (and thanks to the Dish TV guy - he pulled all my cables through so I wouldn't have to get on my hands and knees!)
                            I read that as dishy guy. Oh the double entendres!

No where to even dump my kitty litter cleanup - so went to McDonald's for supper and used their trash can!
                            Very fitting.

One guy came into the house yesterday (door was open for the movers) - officially he let me know about the trash cans - unofficially I think he was just curious which is okay (I guess)! Said he talked with the old owner a lot but no one ever got invited inside! Very strange. But he is nice and my next door neighbor so I suspect I'll be seeing him a lot!
                            Is he dishy too? And single?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Wonderful news! Well, not about the trash and recycling, or the power and water, nor the mountains of boxes yet to go, but good that you're finally there.
                            Ditto that. Glad the move is done and it's just the mountains of putting away/making home to be done now.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Glad to hear you've finally got the move over Laurie

Sadly, my day hasn't gone well. I was woken by a very tearful Suz asking if I could take her to the stables because Mr T......

..... had been found dead in his field. He was only 8 years old.
                            Oh no. *huggles Suz and Wrex*

...my only problem is that I keep finding the goggles I'm supposed to wear at night for a week (to stop me rubbing my eyes whilst asleep) sitting on the bedside unit each morning. I'm obviously removing them in my sleep - not going to work then are they?
                            umm...no!

I know, stick a picture of Martin inside each lens. Then when you open your eyes you'll see him. Bet you won't whip them off so quickly then.

I had some news today... that made me very happy... then promptly burst into tears and just wanting to shake my fist at the world for being basically a big pile of dog doo... then feel stupid and selfish for doing so. Oh life. why do you have to be so complex.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jumble - try going to bed wearing those little cotton gloves (like the anti scratch wotsits they put on babies).

They'll interfere with the reflexes because they're alien, and if you do still rub, they'll be softer on the ojos...

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post

Sorry to hear about Mr T..hugs to Suz ((hug))

Bye for now.
                                Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                (((Suz)))
                                Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                Oh no Jumble that's awful, *hugs* to everyone http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/hug.gif

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Oh no. *huggles Suz and Wrex*
                                Thanks all - she needs all the hugs she can get right now

umm...no!

I know, stick a picture of Martin inside each lens. Then when you open your eyes you'll see him. Bet you won't whip them off so quickly then.
                                I may try that

Of course, anyone that's seen my bedroom will know that Martin is already the first thing I see when I open my eyes in the morning And so much clearer now

I had some news today... that made me very happy... then promptly burst into tears and just wanting to shake my fist at the world for being basically a big pile of dog doo... then feel stupid and selfish for doing so. Oh life. why do you have to be so complex.
                                *huggles*

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                                Jumble - try going to bed wearing those little cotton gloves (like the anti scratch wotsits they put on babies).

They'll interfere with the reflexes because they're alien, and if you do still rub, they'll be softer on the ojos...
                                Thanks, I have some of those - I'll give it a try

Suz just called to say that they've found a temporary fieldbuddy for Wrex for the next week, then they'll have to figure something else out so that he's not alone. He and Mr T were the only ones that stayed out 24/7 (you don't stable Cobs, apparently), so none of the existing horses can stay out with him.

I can't get the feeling out of my head. Wrex and I are not best friends, mainly because he's big and bouncy and I'm scared of him. I don't normally get close unless there's a fence between us, but this morning he came up and stood quietly beside me in the field and nuzzled me while I stroked his neck and tried to comfort him. So sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X