No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* And very beautiful Teslen it is too.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *huggles back*

It is weird how different countries get it at different times Maybe some networks don't get on board until they've seen it doing well elsewhere? Last I heard, PNW hadn't been picked up for the US, so I'm just grateful that the UK is getting it

They haven't? Pah, don't know what they're going to be missing.
    On the other hand, I get why the UK has been less wary of it; we're familiar with the Primeval concept and it already has an established fan base over here.
    In some way it might work in its favour not to be a "big player" in the US game, if you know what I mean. It doesn't have to instantly excel, it just has to do ok and have a decent and growing following. Which it will anyway because there's a pre existing fan base for both the concept and the team behind it.
    And, face it, who knows what may happen. After all, Sanctuary started out as just a little web series and would still be here now if not for the unfortunate situation with the funding situation.
    sigpic

Comment

Although I know Sanctuary's demise wasn't entirely Skiffy's fault, I am quite glad that they haven't got their fingers in PNW's pie (yet) purely because whatever has been said and whatever is really true, the one plain fact is that good shows on Skiffy do seem to get cancelled when we think they don't deserve to be.

Cut off in their Primeval, so to speak

Comment

Just got a call from the optical surgeon that's fixing my eyes tomorrow, just to go through everything and make sure I'm happy *looks at shaking hands*, and of course I said I am He also offered me a later appointment (existing one is 8.45am - we plan to leave by 7am to be sure of getting there. Suz has inherited my terror of being late ), but I said I'd prefer not to change it because Suz has some Games/Expo thingy to get to in London by 1 pm. I should be back home by about 10.30am armed with dark glasses and eyedrops (have to put the drops in four times a day for a week ). Then on Friday I have to go back to Guildford for the 24-hour check-up. Have to bus and train it again because although I should be able to see perfectly well enough to drive, if I had an accident the Insurance woodn't pay out if they knew I'd had surgery the day before That's ok, I'm getting used to using public transport - it's actually been a good exercise for me because until recently I woodn't have had a clue - lived here 23 years and never taken a bus to the next town or the train anywhere except to London

I'm rambling..........

I'm not nervous, honest I'm not

Comment

*huggles Jumble*
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Although I know Sanctuary's demise wasn't entirely Skiffy's fault, I am quite glad that they haven't got their fingers in PNW's pie (yet) purely because whatever has been said and whatever is really true, the one plain fact is that good shows on Skiffy do seem to get cancelled when we think they don't deserve to be.

Cut off in their Primeval, so to speak

Indeed. Wish I could green that. Have some virtual... and some good luck huggles for the eye thing tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Indeed. Wish I could green that. Have some virtual... and some good luck huggles for the eye thing tomorrow.
              Thanks

*huggles Dee back*

It'llbefineit'llbefineit'llbefineit'llbefineit'llbefineit'llbefine........

It will *nods*

Comment

*huggles back*

It is weird how different countries get it at different times Maybe some networks don't get on board until they've seen it doing well elsewhere? Last I heard, PNW hadn't been picked up for the US, so I'm just grateful that the UK is getting it
                Actually I think it has, just not sure when it will run! Not scheduled yet!

Originally posted by Jumble
                Good luck with your surgery. You'll do fine, especially since it is only on one eye! It will go smoothly and a lot quicker then you realize! And you'll be fine the next day! Trust me.
                Last edited by llp; 26 September 2012, 07:01 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Actually I think it has, just not sure when it will run! Not scheduled yet!
                  Nope, not according to their official FB page

Good luck with your surgery. You'll do fine, especially since it is only on one eye! It will go smoothly and a lot quicker then you realize! And you'll be fine the next day! Trust me.
                  I know, I'll be fine once it's done - I've just got the jitters about getting there on time and actually getting it done

Comment

Nope, not according to their official FB page
                    Strange = I saw where Fox picked it up.

Originally posted by Jumble
                    I know, I'll be fine once it's done - I've just got the jitters about getting there on time and actually getting it done
                    Relax - had it done years ago....it is really so quick and easy, I was amazed!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Strange = I saw where Fox picked it up.

Fox? heaven help you. They ditch anything that doesn't score an instant hit inside the first 4 episodes don't they? If Fox operated, in 1992, the way they do now, The X Files would never have made it past the first season.
                      sigpic

Comment

Glad you had a lovely birthday Nola

Primeval: New World trailer..........

"Big shiny hole in the Universe - spits out dinosaurs!"

But it looks like the UK won't get it until 2013
                        Love the humour That was really good - has boosted my curiosity to see it. I'll admit to being a touch less enthusiastic about PNW, mostly because I wasn't really much of a fan of the UK version, but that's a good start

BTW, Josi, I caved and did Castle 5x01 just because I can't sleep tonight; I'm afraid of the big scary pink thing in my bedroom. I swear if I wake up in the morning suffocating in tulle...
                        Good for you And?

I watched it twice last night Loved it so much

I hear what you are saying. It is silly really. It's hard to justify paying for something three times. But I still do not get why there is always such a delay between US and UK first viewings of some series. Some of them run a year behind. I think Stargate got it almost right in the end when we "caught up" in the half year hiatus thing and were runnign episodes a few weeks apart. Nobody mind waiting a couple of weeks but when it's more than 3 months... nowadays... too long. People like me might be happy to pay Itunes for it, but for everyone like me, there's someone who will find a less legitimate way to see it. Sees so simple just to stream it at the same time to every country.
                        I do think the whole way we view live TV is changing. It really hasn't got a place in the modern world where people want to be able to watch what they want, when they want. I can foresee a day when all TVs will be internet/smart and all viewing will be on demand.
                        ^This.

Just got a call from the optical surgeon that's fixing my eyes tomorrow, just to go through everything and make sure I'm happy *looks at shaking hands*, and of course I said I am He also offered me a later appointment (existing one is 8.45am - we plan to leave by 7am to be sure of getting there. Suz has inherited my terror of being late ), but I said I'd prefer not to change it because Suz has some Games/Expo thingy to get to in London by 1 pm. I should be back home by about 10.30am armed with dark glasses and eyedrops (have to put the drops in four times a day for a week ). Then on Friday I have to go back to Guildford for the 24-hour check-up. Have to bus and train it again because although I should be able to see perfectly well enough to drive, if I had an accident the Insurance woodn't pay out if they knew I'd had surgery the day before That's ok, I'm getting used to using public transport - it's actually been a good exercise for me because until recently I woodn't have had a clue - lived here 23 years and never taken a bus to the next town or the train anywhere except to London

I'm rambling..........

*hugs and sends buckets of good luck vibes* Will be thinking of you tomorrow

So, here's a fun game... Flicking through the channels on my TV, see the usual SG1 double bill of eps on Sky2, click the info button to see which eps and find some rather odd descriptions... Guess the episodes that these, um, don't really relate to

The Furlings of the Ancient Alliance reappear.

When SG1 discover the Nyurti experimenting with alien locals, they request the help of the Russian Stargate team.

Answers on a postcard...

Seriously. Who writes these?!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Love the humour That was really good - has boosted my curiosity to see it. I'll admit to being a touch less enthusiastic about PNW, mostly because I wasn't really much of a fan of the UK version, but that's a good start

Good for you And?

I watched it twice last night Loved it so much
                          Me too

So, here's a fun game... Flicking through the channels on my TV, see the usual SG1 double bill of eps on Sky2, click the info button to see which eps and find some rather odd descriptions... Guess the episodes that these, um, don't really relate to

The Furlings of the Ancient Alliance reappear.

When SG1 discover the Nyurti experimenting with alien locals, they request the help of the Russian Stargate team.

Answers on a postcard...

Seriously. Who writes these?!
                          Paradise lost and Metamorphosis?
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Jumble, good luck tomorrow. I'm sure it will all go well. *hugs*
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Sorry I missed it yesterday, but
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOLA!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a lovely birthday Nola

Primeval: New World trailer..........

"Big shiny hole in the Universe - spits out dinosaurs!"

But it looks like the UK won't get it until 2013
                              Interesting .... might just have to give it look when it comes on (haven't seen Primeval, do I need to before I see this??) and was that the tiniest glimpse of Colin Fergurson I saw??

Josi So glad I'm not the only one who decided that just one watch of that episode wasn't enough yesterday

3 days into the week and I've done enough overtime to get a full day off! I hate being short staffed
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Jumble! I'm sure everything (including actually getting there) will go alright for you

And just adding this: I wood love to write episode descriptions for shows I never watched. That wood be an awesome job.

*hugs WooHoos*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X