The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Suz has reached the point where she's so hurt that she just refuses to care anymore.... but yes, I really should talk to Jo about it. Just a case of picking the right moment
    All I can say is your kids are lucky to have you. *hugs*

@Cags *squishy huggles to you too* I'm sure it's frustrating, but I do believe you'll eventually be able to get it through to Ben that hitting you is not alright.

As for families... well, they suck and they're wonderful at the same time. Not really helpful I know.
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      All I can say is your kids are lucky to have you. *hugs*
      Thanks

@Cags *squishy huggles to you too* I'm sure it's frustrating, but I do believe you'll eventually be able to get it through to Ben that hitting you is not alright.

As for families... well, they suck and they're wonderful at the same time. Not really helpful I know.
      So true

How's your baby doing?

Comment

Thanks

So true

How's your baby doing?
        Spoiled to bits. There's so many of us taking care of her... and everybody lets her do something that others don't... but she's so freaking cute and lovely! And spoiled.
        I'm actually turning out to be the strict one which is weird.

Edit: If you were asking about Ana. If you were talking about Sapa(the doggy) she's very much pregnant... and spoiled. Had a really crazy month with her, she kept getting these attacks that looked like epilepsy in the middle of the night, and the vet said sometimes pregnant dogs get them and they have no idea why. And she's choosy about what she'll eat and not pooping properly... to much info?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Spoiled to bits. There's so many of us taking care of her... and everybody lets her do something that others don't... but she's so freaking cute and lovely! And spoiled.
          I'm actually turning out to be the strict one which is weird.

Edit: If you were asking about Ana. If you were talking about Sapa(the doggy) she's very much pregnant... and spoiled. Had a really crazy month with her, she kept getting these attacks that looked like epilepsy in the middle of the night, and the vet said sometimes pregnant dogs get them and they have no idea why. And she's choosy about what she'll eat and not pooping properly... to much info?
          Yes, I did mean Ana, but news of Sapa is welcome too! Sounds pretty much like most pregnancies to me How long until the pups are due? Are you planning to keep one of them?

Comment

Yes, I did mean Ana, but news of Sapa is welcome too! Sounds pretty much like most pregnancies to me How long until the pups are due? Are you planning to keep one of them?
            About month and 10 days Getting nervous already! I don't plan on keeping any of them, but rather give them away to friends so that me and Sapa can see them all the time
            sigpic

Comment

Cags - I agree with Jumble - Ben probably doesn't realize it hurts your feelings. Try a little psychology on him - next time he hits you, look at him really sad and say something like don't you love me anymore. But you have to look sad as well. That might stop him in his tracks and cause him to think about it. Of course this would only work if you never spank him. If you spank him - then don't do it!

Hey Nolamom - Love the "spelled backwards" bit - saw it on FB and made me laugh!

Jumble - I think we have all gone through a parent issue - My mom was great (but I was jealous of my friends when they came over and would talk to her because they couldn't talk to their own parents). After all, it was my mom. Took me a long time to realize she had enough love to share with others and still super love me! I really miss her.

As for my dad - he had his own issues because his father died (found out it was by suicide when by dad was about 11, but didn't find out until about 10 years after my father died)! I was never that close to him once I got to be about 5 or 6. When he was really sick and the last year or so of his life he tried to get close - but so much time and effort on my part went no where that I didn't have it within me to get that close. I'm sorry now that I felt that way. He was finally reaching out to me and I didn't do much about it. If I had it to do over, I would have reached back because I know now it was the right thing to do. Funny how we never seem to know that until it is way too late.
              Last edited by llp; 15 September 2012, 07:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                As for my dad - he had his own issues because his father died (found out it was by suicide when by dad was about 11, but didn't find out until about 10 years after my father died)! I was never that close to him once I got to be about 5 or 6. When he was really sick and the last year or so of his life he tried to get close - but so much time and effort on my part went no where that I didn't have it within me to get that close. I'm sorry now that I felt that way. He was finally reaching out to me and I didn't do much about it. If I had it to do over, I would have reached back because I know now it was the right thing to do. Funny how we never seem to know that until it is way too late.
                You know, it's difficult not have felt that way after you've spend who knows how many years 'talking into air' (I hope that's the right expression). *hugs*
                sigpic

Comment

I withdrew from my mother after years and years of mental and (some) physical abuse. The physical ended when I moved out, but the mental continued for decades. She died a little over a year ago. Sometimes I feel a little odd that I've never shed a tear over her, but looking back over my relationship with her, I'm not really surprised.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I withdrew from my mother after years and years of mental and (some) physical abuse. The physical ended when I moved out, but the mental continued for decades. She died a little over a year ago. Sometimes I feel a little odd that I've never shed a tear over her, but looking back over my relationship with her, I'm not really surprised.
                    *hugs Nola*

That's pretty much my story too. Mine died in 2010 and I didn't shed a tear either. I'd been asked previously whether, when she died, I wood regret not trying to mend the relationship. I thought it through and decided that allowing her back into my life was too high a price to pay to avoid any possible regret I might have in the (then) future. So no, no regret at her passing, only sadness that I'd missed out on what should have been one of the most important relationships in my life, and determination that I wood never allow anything to cause such a huge rift between myself and my children. Jo and I do not have a perfect relationship, and I do regret that, but there are no major issues between us, just a lack of communication and compatibility.
                    Last edited by Jumble; 16 September 2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

*Hugs all WooHoo's*

Have been sat here on my own today thinking (Ellie is off somewhere at a Birthday Party climbing trees! ) and I don't think I would ever change my relationship with my Mother, as my Sister said to me a few months ago she knows and appreciates that I took the brunt of my Mother as we were growing up so that her and my Brother didn't have to.

Anyway, not going to dwell if I do there may be alcohol involved and it's a work night

Besides I saw this and it made me smile

sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *Hugs all WooHoo's* http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/hug.gif

Have been sat here on my own today thinking (Ellie is off somewhere at a Birthday Party climbing trees! ) and I don't think I would ever change my relationship with my Mother, as my Sister said to me a few months ago she knows and appreciates that I took the brunt of my Mother as we were growing up so that her and my Brother didn't have to.
                        I see what you're saying, but now that your siblings don't need you to shield them anymore, maybe it's not too late to change your future relationship with your mum? You're a grown-up now, you're a mother yourself, maybe she'd listen to you coming from that standpoint?

It quite staggers me to find just how many mothers there are out there that don't seem to understand what 'mothering' actually means

Anyway, not going to dwell if I do there may be alcohol involved and it's a work night
                        Very wise - there are a few WooHoos around here that could tell you tales of what happens when the word 'mother' is mixed with red wine

Comment

Time to pretty up the thread methinks..... before we go and break GW with too much seriousness

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X