Yup

Huggles to Nola for the migraine and Ellie for the sickness

Niiiiiice Martinspamming, MR
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Way to brighten up my morning MR

Hope you get to the bottom of Ellie's sickness soon

I'm off to the hospital for blood tests and (hopefully) my final visit to the Physio

Comment

Signed off from the Physio! It's not 100% better, but with continued careful exercise it will be in the foreseeable future

Whilst wandering around town I ran into a 'child' that I used to mind and his mum. I last saw Remy when he was four, now he is over 6' tall and about to start Uni!

Wandered around a bit more and bumped in another one! So nice to know that my little ones remember me right into adulthood

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Yup

Huggles to Nola for the migraine and Ellie for the sickness

Niiiiiice Martinspamming, MR

Well it seemed like a fun thing to do

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Way to brighten up my morning MR

Hope you get to the bottom of Ellie's sickness soon

I'm off to the hospital for blood tests and (hopefully) my final visit to the Physio
          Abdominal Migraines... or at least that's what the new GP thinks, she has to keep a diary for the next 3 months to see if there is any pattern to the sickness and then she has to see a pediatrian. But it's nothing serious or infectious although there is a high probability is that she will develop full migraines after puberty.

Signed off from the Physio! It's not 100% better, but with continued careful exercise it will be in the foreseeable future
          YAY!!!!
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Abdominal migraines? That's a new one on me

And I have to say, I am utterly disgusted with the press I don't think the media should be allowed to publish naked/semi-naked pictures of anyone without their permission, let alone our beautiful Kate

Does it harm our Royal Family? I don't see how.

Does it harm the media/press? Definitely! Shame on them!
            Last edited by Jumble; 14 September 2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Jumble, hurrah for being signed off from the physio! So pleased for you!

MR, I used to get abdominal migraines as a teenager. They're not fun, but as you say at least they just are one of those things and not indicative of anything serious. Sympathies to Ellie and hope that she doesn't keep getting them too frequently. I have to say I actually prefer the classic headache-with-aura migraines I get now because at least (for me) there's no vomiting or fainting involved with those!
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, is that what it means? Way back in my twenties I used to get the vomiting migraines, but nowadays I only get the classics too. Not much fun when they get to full-blown status, but mine are under control, thankfully

Comment

Ah, is that what it means? Way back in my twenties I used to get the vomiting migraines, but nowadays I only get the classics too. Not much fun when they get to full-blown status, but mine are under control, thankfully
                  The main difference is that with abdominal migraines you don't get the headache at all, just abdominal pain, sickness, and often fainting too. If you're vomiting with the headache too then you've just got that variant of the classics, lucky you (my brother gets those ones, and my grandmother used to as well). Abdominal migraines are mostly a childhood thing, and as MR said, often progress to classic migraines in adulthood.
                  sigpic

Comment

The main difference is that with abdominal migraines you don't get the headache at all, just abdominal pain, sickness, and often fainting too. If you're vomiting with the headache too then you've just got that variant of the classics, lucky you (my brother gets those ones, and my grandmother used to as well). Abdominal migraines are mostly a childhood thing, and as MR said, often progress to classic migraines in adulthood.
                    Ok, got it. I didn't know there were such variations, just knew the word 'migraine' as one to be feared.

Did you see my request for a tut on the AfA thread?

Comment

And I have to say, I am utterly disgusted with the press I don't think the media should be allowed to publish naked/semi-naked pictures of anyone with their permission, let alone our beautiful Kate

Does it harm our Royal Family? I don't see how.

Does it harm the media/press? Definitely! Shame on them!
                      Agreed on all counts!!

Jumble, hurrah for being signed off from the physio! So pleased for you!

MR, I used to get abdominal migraines as a teenager. They're not fun, but as you say at least they just are one of those things and not indicative of anything serious. Sympathies to Ellie and hope that she doesn't keep getting them too frequently. I have to say I actually prefer the classic headache-with-aura migraines I get now because at least (for me) there's no vomiting or fainting involved with those!
                      Since March she had 5 'attacks' each only lasted an hour or 2 but that is frequent enough!

Ticking all the boxes there! Although we managed without the fainting this time

It can also be hereditary which given the fact that both me and my Mother suffer on occasions seems likely.
                      sigpic

Comment

Are all forms of migraine hereditary? I'm the only one in my family (for the 5 generations that I know about) to suffer with them

I see that tv has gone Downton crazy Maybe I'll give it go and see what it's like. Maybe

Comment

Oh hey, look at that!

Are all forms of migraine hereditary? I'm the only one in my family (for the 5 generations that I know about) to suffer with them

I see that tv has gone Downton crazy Maybe I'll give it go and see what it's like. Maybe

I think that if there is a predisposition within a family then you are more likely to suffer but not everytime, it's a bit like being the only left handed member of a family - sometimes it just happens
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, got it. I didn't know there were such variations, just knew the word 'migraine' as one to be feared.

Did you see my request for a tut on the AfA thread?
                            Yep, working on it Just had to pause for an hour or so while I went out to pick up my car from the garage (in having its windscreen replaced so it can pass its MOT).

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            Since March she had 5 'attacks' each only lasted an hour or 2 but that is frequent enough!
                            Indeed! I suffered with them for probably about three years, then they stopped and it was just the classic ones ever since.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            I think that if there is a predisposition within a family then you are more likely to suffer but not everytime, it's a bit like being the only left handed member of a family - sometimes it just happens
                            Indeed. It's definitely genetic in my family - my nan, my mum, and all three of us kids get them. I'm the only one that ever got the abdominal ones though. But migraines are complicated things and not really properly understood, so the fact that they often run in families doesn't mean that's always a factor.
                            sigpic

Comment

This thread is so diverse and educational

Comment

Whilst wandering around town I ran into a 'child' that I used to mind and his mum. I last saw Remy when he was four, now he is over 6' tall and about to start Uni!

Wandered around a bit more and bumped in another one! So nice to know that my little ones remember me right into adulthood
                                Glad to hear it, Jumble! *hugs gently*

As far as I know, yes. My mom gets them and so do I. I've been getting them since I was 5 or so. Mine can last for up to 5 days and at times can be the ones that cause nausea and vomiting. I've never heard of Abdominal Migraines though.

Sadly, I have to wait until January for Downton. Mom and I will just have to keep rewatching our DVDs.

This thread is so diverse and educational
                                Indeed it is!
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X