The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    Evening all been absent this weekend - went up to Newcastle to see Brazil v Honduras in the men's football. Can't say it's something I was particularly bothered about - football doesn't really have a place in the Olympics IMO but it was the only thing we got tickets for in the end and I have to say the match was amazing! Really great atmosphere - loads of Mexican waves, chants etc.. and not an empty seat to be seen.
    Glad you got to go even if only to the football I was down at the Olympic Park yesterday to go to the hockey with my brother and his girlfriend - my mum was supposed to be going but had to give up her ticket in order to go to a great aunt's funeral Sounds bad to profit from someone else's misfortune but someone had to use the ticket! So I got an unexpected second Olympic experience

It was fab to be in the park, but the most impressive thing was how good natured and relaxed the whole thing was - the atmosphere was great. Considering how many people there were and how much potential for general stress and grumpiness it was astounding just how unstressed it all was. Everyone, both those attending and all the volunteers and staff, was just really happy and lovely and calm, so impressed. Hats off to the organisers, it has to be said.

Speaking of which, less than two weeks to go until the next woohoomeet!!
    *bounces*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Two years ago? Hard to believe. It was such a fun convention/tour.

Life is rather out of control so i don't get here often anymore. Still, think of you all and sending hugs to all woohoos.
    *hugs back* We miss you, hope that life calms down a bit for you soon!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I think I have to put the Olympic Park on my to see list for when I come next May. It's something I've always wanted to see. I don't think one weekend between all those seminars and tours is going to be enough! I'll have to come a few days early for sure.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Today I was sad because Annie and Elliot were leaving me - then I heard the news about Gary and Dawn Barlow's baby and realised that I have absolutely nothing to be sad about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Today I was sad because Annie and Elliot were leaving me - then I heard the news about Gary and Dawn Barlow's baby and realised that I have absolutely nothing to be sad about.
          Absolutely heartbreaking news, all my thoughts and wishes are with them and their families.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            Absolutely heartbreaking news, all my thoughts and wishes are with them and their families.
            It is. Can't think of anything worse than losing a child before it's even had a chance to live.

Annie and Elliot's dad just came round to bring me some chocolates and give me a hug 'for being such an amazing support to them all'. So yes, tears are now falling. I love my job, but this part is very hard.

Comment

Oh my, that is sad news indeed. Jumble, what do you do for you job?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Oh my, that is sad news indeed. Jumble, what do you do for you job?
                I'm a Registered Childminder - I take care of children whilst their parents are at work. Annie and Elliot have been with me for two and a half years. I've seen Annie through from Nursery to School, and Elliot through learning to walk, talk, and toilet training. There's no way you can do this job properly without becoming totally attached to the children, so it's very hard when they leave. In the past I've had children stay with me from birth to 8 years old - it's like giving up one of my own when they leave.

*reaches for the chocolates*

*pours another glass of wine*

Comment

I can imagine it's inevitable to get attached. It takes a special kind of person to be able to do it over and over again. I have to give you huge credit for that.

*hugs Jumble*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                    I can imagine it's inevitable to get attached. It takes a special kind of person to be able to do it over and over again. I have to give you huge credit for that.

*hugs Jumble*
                    Thank you - credit and hugs much appreciated

Heart - still breaking

Comment

*envelopes Jumble in a giant squishy hug*
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *envelopes Jumble in a giant squishy hug*
                        Thanks *hugs back*

This is one of those times when hugs are really needed, yet I still feel guilty. For Gary and Dawn no amount of hugs will really help. Sooo sorry for them

You'd think after 25 years I'd be used to it, but I'm not.

Earlier today I was playing back some of the vids I've made over the years - Rachel (Jess's big sister) was here and I showed her the pics from when she was a baby, and from the day she left to go to school, and the vids of Jess before she could walk, and when she started to walk, and of Elliot when he did his weird knee-walk instead of crawling, and of Jess when she used to bum-shuffle, and of Olivia and Jess playing with my shoes, and we laughed and hugged over it all. I have such Awesome memories of them all and I've been sooo lucky with the children that I've had and the families I've worked for.....

Comment

Darn GW - I can only post one vid per post.....

Comment

Comment

This is how I spend my working days - Awesome isn't it?

Comment

beautiful vids of gorgeous children! Was that Martin I saw on the laptop???

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X