Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by llp View Post
    I am beginning to realize that my in/out depression may have a lot to do with where I am currently living. Plus it really isn't like me to be so depressed! It may happen once or so during the year and usually only for a very short time until I find something to distract my mind, but.....

    It occurs to me that since I've lived here I have felt more depression then I ever have and for long periods of time, especially in my 2nd bedroom where I write. Of all the rooms in the place....this one is the darkest one. Even with the blinds open, I don't get a lot of light in here. Times like now when it is overcast - it really is kind of gloomy in here. And because I live on the bottom floor for the first time ever - I can't leave the windows and blinds wide open because anyone can look in. Either I'm going to have to bite the bullet and leave all the lights on in the place or deal with this until I can move (again)! Plus I live on the top of a small hill so walking around here is not easy and I've ended up spending a lol of time inside this place! So I really don't get out to meet people either.

    I think I have really picked the totally wrong place for me to live....which means (heaven help me) I have to move another time....and pack everything again another time. That in itself is depressing. Oh geez I better be really careful the next time I move....I'm getting to old to continue doing this and it will only be after one year this time.....which means right before the con or if I pay extra right after it because I might have problems finding a new cat sitter! Now that isn't cheering me up any!
    Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Oh dear! Should I leave them in my fridge then? Nah, the creme brulees have to be eaten on the day so you'll just have to suffer their wrath

    Laurie, I think you should bear in mind that since you've been at your new place you've had the whole hand operation thing to deal with, both in the anticipation, event, and recuperation stages (which has been a lot slower than you expected). I'm pretty sure that's responsible for a great deal of your depression and is possibly blowing the little annoyances about the apartment a bit out of proportion. Add to that the frustration of not being able to get as far as you'd have liked with your book rewrite and its really no wonder you're feeling so down Give yourself a bit more time, then if you really think you need to move start looking around *huggles*
    (((llp))) sorry to hear all this. Jumble is right, you might just need to give it some time. However, there is a condition known as SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It is depression that happens to some usually during the winter months because the days are shorter. It is related to the lack of light so maybe that is similar to what you are experiencing. Sending you hugs.


    Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

    Comment


      *hugs Laurie* Jumble and EH-T have given you some really good advice I'm not surprised you're feeling down especially after your surgery. Try and get as much light and sunshine and warmth as you can this summer and hopefully that will help you feel better

      Jann, big congrats on getting the thesis done Well done!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

      Comment


        Had a massage this morning - it was wonderful. She worked out kinks and knots I didn't even know I was harboring. Picked up my watch from the jeweler. $240 in repairs!!! Apparently it needed a new coil. Bah. So then I went next door and picked up a bag of dark chocolate truffles, because you can't go wrong with dark chocolate or truffles and together...well, 'nuff said. Now I'm having a big old salad with grilled chicken, almonds and berries for lunch.
        sigpic

        Comment


          Yeeey Jann for being nearly done! *kudos to you* And Tjinta... well, she's always adorable
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

          Comment


            today's bits:





            sigpic

            Comment


              Oh dear Nola. The first one is a no (I managed to get my broccoli in over the allotment today, and half my mum's garden planted up.) The second one has just reminded me I put a wash on at 10am this morning and it's still in the machine... and the third one... *glances at dust bunnies* er, yeah, I ought to run a duster round.

              Originally posted by llp View Post
              http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/llperkiss/Special%20pictures/535232_203604573089183_952756200_n.jpg
              http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...06003566_n.jpg
              Couldn't resist!

              I love both these but the first one is really rather appropriate all things considered.


              Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Picked up my watch from the jeweler. $240 in repairs!!! Apparently it needed a new coil. Bah.

              How much? It better be a diamond encrusted solid gold coil for that price!

              Bah, hit post before I finished...

              Well done Jann, glad we could help. Tjinta is adorable. I have had the same problem with PB in the past too. It's very frustrating.
              sigpic

              Comment


                I always knew there was a good reason why I never dust - and I'm told my home does feel warm and fuzzy

                Don't you just love being proved right?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jumble
                  Laurie, I think you should bear in mind that since you've been at your new place you've had the whole hand operation thing to deal with, both in the anticipation, event, and recuperation stages (which has been a lot slower than you expected). I'm pretty sure that's responsible for a great deal of your depression and is possibly blowing the little annoyances about the apartment a bit out of proportion. Add to that the frustration of not being able to get as far as you'd have liked with your book rewrite and its really no wonder you're feeling so down Give yourself a bit more time, then if you really think you need to move start looking around *huggles*
                  Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  (((llp))) sorry to hear all this. Jumble is right, you might just need to give it some time. However, there is a condition known as SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It is depression that happens to some usually during the winter months because the days are shorter. It is related to the lack of light so maybe that is similar to what you are experiencing. Sending you hugs.

                  Thank you both for your comments and thanks to everyone for the hugs. I will consider what was wrote and put it under assessment.
                  sigpic

                  Comment



                    Its raining, there's a surprise

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      It's like the weather knows about the Jubilee and all the outdoor events planned Ahhh the British summer
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        It's like the weather knows about the Jubilee and all the outdoor events planned Ahhh the British summer
                        Yeah..... you'd think Her Royal Majesty wood have some pull after 60 years woodn't you?

                        Ok, I'm almost ready to go and collect the goodies from Anderson's and then head up the M25 to Cags' - wish me luck with the traffic

                        Comment


                          Have fun! Enjoy those desserts
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                          Comment


                            Had to pull myself away from the TV to come to the office but I am taping the pagent on the Thames to watch later. Absolutely awesome. Wish I was there in person. Have a fabulous Jubilee weekend (in spite of the rain)!


                            Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

                            Comment


                              My contribution to the festivities
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Love it Nola! But to be really authentic you need to add a heckload of rain pouring down on the festivities

                                Here's hoping it's brighter on Tuesday, as I'm hoping to head down to London then.
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X