No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, back from the "hand" therapist. Was told it takes about 6 months to 8 months until my hand totally heals. Plus apparently the skin on those 3 fingers is going to peel off. That sounds scary! But Eric said it was normal. I'm assuming that new skin will grow first before that happens! Got my fingers massaged today plus exercise. And was told I'm right on track. Bandages have all been removed but one finger is still swollen so it had to go back on that finger for awhile. Pain has gone way down and I quit taken the pain meds....take an Aleve twice a day instead. Seems to be about enough. All in all - they are looking better! By the time I see all of you (except for Claire) you won't be able to really tell anything happened (I hope)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Now that catch up made me laugh out loud.
      *hugs everyone*

Picking Dad up from the hospital today
      Yay for that!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Laurie with skin peeling...do you have a symbiote that you have not told us about...then again if you did, you would not have needed any operations DOH!

Went to GP today, told I have Bursitis of the shoulder and will be getting injection in my shoulder next week...just in time for my trip to Canada/USA, happy bunny (still on Easter mode) and yes still smiling
        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Gah, finally home from work! I had a student stay to help grade papers or I would have been there *another* two hours! I hate the week grades are due. Everyone wants to turn in everything they didn't bother with when they were supposed to do it and now they're panicky. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same.

Yeah for dad coming home! Yeah for hand healing! Bah for algae in the aquarium. And especially for certain sexy folks...

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Gah, finally home from work! I had a student stay to help grade papers or I would have been there *another* two hours! I hate the week grades are due. Everyone wants to turn in everything they didn't bother with when they were supposed to do it and now they're panicky. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same.
            *hugs*

Nad wood make a fortune

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
              Laurie with skin peeling...do you have a symbiote that you have not told us about...then again if you did, you would not have needed any operations DOH!

Went to GP today, told I have Bursitis of the shoulder and will be getting injection in my shoulder next week...just in time for my trip to Canada/USA, happy bunny (still on Easter mode) and yes still smiling
              Bursitis - ouch. But injection should help a lot with that. And by the time you get to Vancouver they will be effective!

And no symbiote (that I know about). However, the therapist told me the tops of my fingers will shed the skin (like a snake sheds its skin) but new skin will be underneath and waiting to get out! But it shouldn't hurt - just itch!

All stitches and bandages have been remove but I have to be careful with the finger joints (not the knuckles but the ones at the top). It will take another 4 to 8 weeks for them to fuse to my tendons and body....and then I guess I be bionic! I have to wear the shield when I sleep and if I am doing anything where I could bump them. Still very sensitive. However, off all pain meds...if it hurts I take an Aleve (usually one pill twice a day). Eric was surprised by that. But I told him I have a fairly high tolerance to pain and it doesn't usually hurt. Just every once in a while I get a quick sharp pain which isn't uncommon.

First day I went to the therapist I could only bend those fingers about 35*. Today it was 55* which (according to Eric) is right in line with what it should be like. Should be all healed by AT6 although I will be cautious about shaking hands with anyone - but it leaves me wide open for hugs!
              sigpic

Comment

Nola, love today's bits.

Ah Laurie, sounds like you're doing well. Don't like the sound of peely hands mind you. Actually after my cat-astrophic mauling at the paws (and jaws) of my Legolas a couple of years ago, my skin all peeled off my hands too. it was kind of sensitive underneath but the new skin is *cough* well weathered in now. I guess it must be a standard healing thingy. Oh snakeskin Laurie.

*huggles Nad* Good news about your dad. My mum - who has also been in hospital - might be coming home soon too so good news all round.

*waves at LJ* hey there stranger. Lovely to see you, and Joe again. What's new with you?

Sorry I am not around much; I have been busy and have a houseguest staying for an indeterminate length of time so it's a bit rude of me to ignore her and sit on the 'puter for hours chatting...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Hate to admit it, but I did have to rethink it - although it's not heavy when empty it's still very big, and far too expensive to risk being dropped So I've just had to give it a darn good clean and then refill it. Just have to wait until I can waylay a couple of accomodating males with a couple of hours to spare It's just a pain where it is because it gets too much light, which has been causing a LOAD of hair algae to grow over everything, making it look very ugly Haven't had that happen before, just the normal green algae which is more controllable. Darn it! I hate being defeated by inanimate objects
                  I'm sure a couple of us could manage it when we come down at the start of May?

*huggles Cags* Good to see you! And very glad to hear about your mum

Laurie, yay for healing! Even if the skin peeling thing does sound pretty gross, it'll be worth it in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    I'm sure a couple of us could manage it when we come down at the start of May?
                    I appeciate the thought, but it's not just a case of moving it. It wood take a few hours to empty everything out and then set it up again, plus the corner unit that I'll have to move to make room for it wood take time to empty, move and then fill The actual moving wood take minutes, but I'd have to spend a lot of time on it that I'd rather spend with you guys

*huggles Cags and Laurie*

Having a major storm here at the moment - torrential rain, thunder and lightening - came out of the blue since most of the day has been bright and sunny

Comment

I love major storms as long as I have no where to go! Not much fun if you have to drive in it!

As for my hand, the skin peeling is reacting like a sunburn....except a little thicker and the skin underneath isn't really sensitive (much)
                      sigpic

Comment

*pokes thread suspiciously*

Quiet in here tonight!!

Just had a lovely meal cooked for me by a friend - we get together every few weeks and alternate who cooks, chat and have a good moan about work, eat and watch some TV

I've managed to accumulate an extra 3 days holiday over the past 2 weeks - that's how much overtime I've done!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Too tired to do more than drop off the bits:

Oh, and this really explains what I mean when I say y'all:
                          sigpic

Comment

Dropped in for some sympathy but no one is home! Hand is really hurting (in a burning way) today. Took 2 Aleve and it didn't help. May have to take an oxycodein if it doesn' stop soon. Feels like someone is drilling for oil in my hand! Weird if I let my hand just hang down it doesn't seem to hurt as much. But hard to do if I lay in a bed! Hate days like this....can't even be productive!
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Laurie* Silly ouchie painful hand! Sending anti-hurty wom woms!

*catching up backwards page at a time*
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*
                                *hugs Laurie for the icky hand pain*
                                Yay for Mum, Cags!

*runs nekkid*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X