Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    What's happening in July?
    Gillian Anderson at London film & Comic Con Saturday 7th July 2012
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      I agree it's looking less and less like they'll get picked up for S5. Frankly, I'd be really surprised now if they do, but I do think they need to announce it one way or another. Maybe as Laurie says they're just not wanting to burn their bridges in case they need it for their schedules after all, but it's a heck of a long time to keep everyone hanging...
      I don't for one moment believe that SyFy haven't at least provisionally planned out their Autumn schedule so they would know what their key shows are and have a rough idea of what fits around them (even if the dates/times vary slightly). In short, if there's space in their schedules, they will have picked it up by now and if they're just waiting to see if the need it or not... well then they're doing it a disservice becuase they're treating it like a filler show and it's better than that.
      I think the thing now is, logistics will hamper things even if they announce it's picked up tomorrow. The writers need to write it (although I suspect a lot of that in progress anyway), the actors need to be available - as does the crew etc. etc. I'm not sure how quickly they can turn around an episode but a 13 episode series with pre and post production? It's probably doable if they started now but the longer time goes on, the more likely it will be that cast and crew will have other commitments and the harder it becomes to schedule it. I don't know, I can't see it happening in autumn, but maybe January? It'd suck if we had to wait that long but I'd rather wait that long than not get it at all.

but... glasshalffullglasshalffullglasshalffull... if nothing else, I think fan pressure will ensure it survives somehow.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Gillian Anderson at London film & Comic Con Saturday 7th July 2012
      And there was me thinking you were going to say The Olympics. Personally, I'd avoid London this summer if you can possibly manage it.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry double posting but I ballsed up the quote (and you posted when I was posting earlier so I missed it )

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
        Oh my fellow whohoos nice to see all the martin pic spam and art work as well as AT art work.

About to blow some steam off...click and read if you dare.
        Spoiler:
        I am just about to go dive off of a real cliff. Does anyone else ever get tired of people asking you 'how are you?' or "whats wrong?" 'Do you wanna talk about it?'
        If i wanted to talk about i would talk, but no i don't wanna talk about what is brother me. Because no one can fix. Why do people feel the need to try and fix everyone else problems, when they can't be fixed. It is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't wanna talk i just wanna be left alone and people just can't seem to get it. I love my friends, but there are someone things that i don't wanna talk about, cuz its not like they have a magic wand to make everything all better.
        Right now i would rather be left alone with only the thoughts in my head to keep me company and work out this problem on my own. But no one seems to really get it. They can't help me.

End of line. I need to rant somewhere and here seems like a good enough place. I now return you all to your regular WhoHoo activities, bring on the pic spam and art work.
        I'm just going to say, I know how that one goes. *huggles* Dee's right, though, people do it because they want to help and feel like they need to do... something. That doesn't mean you don't want to tell them to go away in new and exciting ways. Sometimes it's easier just to say "no, I'm not alright, but I will be. No there's nothing you can do right now, but be sure and know when you can I'll come ask you." and smile sweetly (then go smash the crap out of something innocous.)
        sigpic

Comment

Hello all!

Had an interesting day today. We did a tech class at school since the students weren't there today. I learned the basics of MovieMaker. I'm not about to go out and start making vids, but it was interesting. I made a short instructional video on the presidency - the qualifications, pay, benefits, succession, term of office, and vice-president for my government class. Then we converted it to iTunes and synced it to a class set of iPods. We'll see how it goes when I actually use it for class.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

*falls into thread*

Just spent a long weekend in Cambridge exploring with Andi and our friend Tina. Good times, but OMG I am beat. Great fun and I think I've picked a neighborhood. Time to crash on the couch for an hour or so.

*huggles all*
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sadly, I sort of agree with Cags about Sanctuary. Will be hard to get everyone back and ready to work especially for just one season...so many many many months later!

You know it also reminds me of a pattern of lack of respect for science fiction! First there was going to be a 3rd SG1 movie and 1st Atlantis movie....then Atlantis had to be temp shelved and then SG1 was temp shelved... and here we are all those years later and never a movie. I know that had to do with MGM and lack of money....but somehow I know that SyFy was involved with that as well, in some capacity.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Hello all!

Had an interesting day today. We did a tech class at school since the students weren't there today. I learned the basics of MovieMaker. I'm not about to go out and start making vids, but it was interesting. I made a short instructional video on the presidency - the qualifications, pay, benefits, succession, term of office, and vice-president for my government class. Then we converted it to iTunes and synced it to a class set of iPods. We'll see how it goes when I actually use it for class.
                Isn't it fuuuuunnnn?? Me loves video editing... in any form

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                *falls into thread*

Just spent a long weekend in Cambridge exploring with Andi and our friend Tina. Good times, but OMG I am beat. Great fun and I think I've picked a neighborhood. Time to crash on the couch for an hour or so.

*huggles all*
                That's great news MoB! Go and rock that part of the world

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Sadly, I sort of agree with Cags about Sanctuary. Will be hard to get everyone back and ready to work especially for just one season...so many many many months later!

You know it also reminds me of a pattern of lack of respect for science fiction! First there was going to be a 3rd SG1 movie and 1st Atlantis movie....then Atlantis had to be temp shelved and then SG1 was temp shelved... and here we are all those years later and never a movie. I know that had to do with MGM and lack of money....but somehow I know that SyFy was involved with that as well, in some capacity.
                ...you know, you really know how to cheer me up bringing up all that... I still think there's a possibility for S5 simply because they're not saying there isn't one, which means somebody out there is having a hopeful day for Sanctuary.
                *fingers crossed still*

*hugs Woohooos*
                sigpic
                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

...you know, you really know how to cheer me up bringing up all that... I still think there's a possibility for S5 simply because they're not saying there isn't one, which means somebody out there is having a hopeful day for Sanctuary.
                  *fingers crossed still*

*hugs Woohooos*
                  I refuse to worry about it - time enough to stress if we don't get it I'm pretty sure that if SyFy want S5, the Sanctuary team will find a way to deliver

Comment

I refuse to worry about it - time enough to stress if we don't get it I'm pretty sure that if SyFy want S5, the Sanctuary team will find a way to deliver
                    Of that I have no doubt!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Of that I have no doubt!
                      They're all incredibly adept at multi-tasking - I put my faith in that

I'm sure Martin can direct Primeval with one hand and Sanctuary with the other, whilst also recording commentaries for both

Comment

They're all incredibly adept at multi-tasking - I put my faith in that

I'm sure Martin can direct Primeval with one hand and Sanctuary with the other, whilst also recording commentaries for both

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...gerMartin3.jpg

Why does that not surprise me! But then again....you might be totally correct!

Morning everyone! Well wish me luck...going to try and call the doctors office again to see about setting up my surgery on my hand.....fingers crossed! (that is if I could do that anymore) Wish me luck that is was approved and it's a go.
                        Last edited by llp; 21 February 2012, 07:13 AM. Reason: Because I can!
                        sigpic

Comment

That's what is known as blind faith

*sends oodles of good luck vibes*

Comment

Well, looks like surgery will be on Wednesday March 21st. It will take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Then once the meds wear off, I can take a taxi home. So looking forward to this all being done. Afterwards, I'll have several months of therapy on the hand....but I'll still be able to drive up to Vancouver on 4/30 to spend a little time and then drive Claire back to Seattle for a visit. Whoa this is in a little over 4 weeks!
                            Last edited by llp; 21 February 2012, 09:03 AM. Reason: Change of dates
                            sigpic

Comment

More AfA challenge entries...........

Comment

almost Chevron time!!!!!
                                *is excited*

Plus I saw that Chevron 7.9 will be a week before AT6. It will be again in London so I guess that there will be another big guest!
                                And my friend Francesca is trying to convince me to go to London with her in July!
                                Man, can I just directly move to London this year????? (I need more money and more days off!!!!!!!)
                                However I still decided nothing about July (so far I don't have many info about this Con). I have to said that Francesca let me discover the online fandom 4 years ago. She's the webmaster of an Italian X-Files forum. It was the first time that I joined a forum like that. I started talking with the memebers, having crazy and long skype chat with them. I "met" my friend Camilla and she introduced me into the vidding world. Some months later there was the Telefilm Film Festival in Milan and the organizers let us make a meeting. I spent a afternoon sitting near a fountain with crazy girls who explained me all their snogger theories! We watched the 2 XF movies on the big screen until 4am!!! Then we had to come back to our hotel by foot. I think that it was 2-3 km far...and I had high heels! *ouch*
                                We went to bed around 5am and we woke up only some hours later to come back to the cinema to see Michael Weatherly (I can confirm: he's HOT!).

After that my fangirl level just got worse and worse!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X