No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big mahoosive huggles Wendy. Loads and loads of positive vibes coming your way.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    And just as the last of the snow has disappeared, they're now forecasting another 8 inches to fall tonight with teperatures dropping to -15C

Blimey where did you hear that? The news report I saw said maximum would be 5 cms in the Midlands areas where the snow will be heaviest so I hope Farnham doesn't come in for it in any big way. It's snowing here at the moment but barely settling and then only on cars that haven't been warmed up all day so I don't think we'll have problems here as it's moving West. It's not too cold here at the moment either; +1 here at the moment but it's always a little warmer this close to London. Out your way I would think it's going to be a couple of degrees cooler.

Enjoy your dinner and I hope you don't get stuck by snow. Although...

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

But being snowed in is awesome.
    The movies say so
    Indeed. Especially if you're snowed in somewhere like, say, Andersons.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    To be honest I could claim on the house insurance, but my excess is higher than the bike cost me in the first place (me trying to keep costs down) so I think I'll just pay out for another cheap bike. It's more the inconvenience of the whole thing - and the fact that to get to my garden you have to come off the main road, around 3 corners and down a fairly hidden alleyway (I live at the end of a cul-de-sac!).

And stressing about it all day had given me a headache
    *huggles*

My neighbour's bike got nicked a few months back. he turned detective and found it on Ebay, bid for it, won it then called the police to attend when he went to collect it. They arrested the guy. He'd got loads fo (obviously stolen) gear listed on Ebay. Worth having a look and getting a bit of justice.

*huggles MOB for lady of leisureness.
    sigpic

Comment

*wanders in shaking snow off hair*

Coming down thick and fast here at the moment, just walked all the way home in it. It does look so very pretty when it's falling and fresh

*bounces with happy Woohoos and huggles not-so-happy Woohoos*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Man o man, there are times when I really miss a good snowstorm. Maybe just once a winter...

Rotten news about the nicked bike. Some years ago I was consigned to bike riding only. Couldn't drive because of a medical condition. I can imagine what you're going through at the moment!

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

That's awesome.

Nice!
          I like the non coloury one best but that's just because I'm having a non coloury week.
          I added filmstrip to the grainy one, and a green frame to the coloury one....

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Big mahoosive huggles Wendy. Loads and loads of positive vibes coming your way.

Blimey where did you hear that? The news report I saw said maximum would be 5 cms in the Midlands areas where the snow will be heaviest so I hope Farnham doesn't come in for it in any big way. It's snowing here at the moment but barely settling and then only on cars that haven't been warmed up all day so I don't think we'll have problems here as it's moving West. It's not too cold here at the moment either; +1 here at the moment but it's always a little warmer this close to London. Out your way I would think it's going to be a couple of degrees cooler.

Enjoy your dinner and I hope you don't get stuck by snow. Although...

Indeed. Especially if you're snowed in somewhere like, say, Andersons.
          I wasn't at Anderson's, and maybe it's the wine talking but the walk home in the 8 inches of snow was really pretty, (and dare I say 'romantic') if a little slippery........ good thing I had a strong arm to hold onto
          Last edited by Jumble; 09 February 2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Another "non" date???? with romantic snowy walks yet!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Another "non" date???? with romantic snowy walks yet!
              Yep.........er.........no...........

I said the snow was pretty and romantic.........

Last edited by Jumble; 09 February 2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I've just eaten a slice of Belgian white chocolate and strawberry cake - I think that may have been a mistake...........

Comment

Yeah, the snow...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Yeah, the snow...
                    Awesome gif

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble
                      I wasn't at Anderson's, and maybe it's the wine talking but the walk home in the 8 inches of snow was really pretty, (and dare I say 'romantic') if a little slippery........ good thing I had a strong arm to hold onto.
                      Me thinks you protest too much Jumble!

Originally posted by Jumble
                      I've just eaten a slice of Belgian white chocolate and strawberry cake - I think that may have been a mistake...........
                      Sounds very rich! Hope your tummy doesn't bother you for that!

MR - sorry to hear about the bike. You should take heed to Cags advice and check EBay, you never know!

And for those that might be curious....went to the doctor about my hand. He checked it again and explained the surgery to me. Going to replace 6 joints - 2 on each finger (not the little finger or the thumb). Filled out a ton of paperwork and a request to be sent to the insurance company for approval...always required on non-emergency surgeries. Will get a call back Monday or Tuesday with approval (I hope ) and then to set the date. Depending on his schedule, I'm thinking sometime in March. After that about 3 months of therapy once it heals enough. Oh, and I'm going to have to stay overnight at the hospital. Not that big a deal, since I'll probably sleep most of the time anyhow. I just don't feel like asking anyone to drive me there, sit around for about 5+ hours, take me home and help me get into bed. Would have been a lot easier when my mother was around. Oh well, such is life!
                      sigpic

Comment

six knuckles!?!?! wow! that does sound like a lot of rehab time.

Oh, and about the bike - do you guys have Craig's List? Might check that too as well as ebay.
                        sigpic

Comment

*hugs woohoos*
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Ooohhh Jumble's "non-date" that is getting romantic! I want details!

*huggles MR* Sucks to have your bike stolen! Certainly when that is your only way of transport! I hope you get a new one soon!

*huggles Laurie* Sounds like a bad operation, but in the end it will be good! Still ouch!
                            sigpic

Comment

No no! Not 6 knuckles - 6 joints. On each finger - one knuckle and the joint at the top of the finger (or about 1" from the tip) - of course that would depend on how long your fingers are! Takes about 60 to 75 minutes per finger and I'll sleep through it all. I've had a lot worse surgeries then this. I'll be just fine. Pain for a little while, but I get pain in those fingers anyhow, and it will all go away. Besides I can tolerate pain very well.....just takes a little unwanted practice! Seriously, it won't be that bad, just inconvenient....but no shaking hands for awhile!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Me thinks you protest too much Jumble!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Ooohhh Jumble's "non-date" that is getting romantic! I want details!
                                You WooHoos are sooooo easy to wind up

The cake didn't upset my tummy, but the wine has definitely upset my head I may just go back to bed

There was more snow last night/this morning - I'll just stay inside and admire it from afar

Comment

Working...
                                X