The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huggles MoB - get better quickly!

Books are terrific gifts - gets them started young and they love reading forever.

Today's bits:
    (my particularly dense students today)

sigpic

Comment

Hey......thanks for the ideas. I got a cute little outfit (for Mom) and two noise making books (one about farms and the other about zoos) for Eva. She plays with all of her older brothers toys right now, so I'm sure she will like them.
      Unfortunately I left their address home so tomorrow - off to the post office!
      sigpic

Comment

*hugs the bad WooHoo*
        *hugs all WooHoos*

OK, questions:
        When there's ice on the lakes and deep puddles do you guys traditionally grab your ice skates and head out? Is it more a thing for kids to do?
        ...Do you own ice skates?

I'm curious.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *hugs the bad WooHoo*
          *hugs all WooHoos*

OK, questions:
          When there's ice on the lakes and deep puddles do you guys traditionally grab your ice skates and head out? Is it more a thing for kids to do?
          ...Do you own ice skates?

I'm curious.
          Answers from the UK:

No.

No.

No.

Ice-skating is confined to ice-rinks, where most people hire skates

Comment

*giggles* A fanclub for Martin Wood? That nobody ever thought about that

*huggles Woohoos*

Nad I used to have ice skates but these days I don't think I have any. I don't ice skate. I walk around the ice and try to keep my dog of it who is disappointed because "her" water disappeared and people are now on it while normally only dog owners are there. Unfair

Oh and I'm almost at S3 of Castle(perhaps that explains why I've been so quiet lately!)
            sigpic

Comment

Hugs to all the woohoos in need of hugs.

Enjoyed the winter pics. On Sunday it was warmer here in the great white north (6C) than on the French Riviera! Crazy winter!

I definitely skate (kind of a Canadian requirement). Learned to skate on the river behind my parents' house. Tons of people skating on the river trail on the weekend. Some of the warming huts made of ice were melting or had melted!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Answers from the UK:

No.

No.

No.

Ice-skating is confined to ice-rinks, where most people hire skates
                Thought so. I think I never heard a UK'er speak of skating in the wild.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Nad I used to have ice skates but these days I don't think I have any. I don't ice skate. I walk around the ice and try to keep my dog of it who is disappointed because "her" water disappeared and people are now on it while normally only dog owners are there. Unfair
                Poor thing!

I have no ice skates either. My knee doesn't like skating anymore but I used to love it when I was younger.
                Meh. No 'Elfstedentocht' for us then.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I definitely skate (kind of a Canadian requirement). Learned to skate on the river behind my parents' house. Tons of people skating on the river trail on the weekend. Some of the warming huts made of ice were melting or had melted!
                Same goes for the Dutch.
                Small country, lots of water...
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

A fan club? We're not a fan club, are we?

Fan Clubs are organized, have regular meetings, and their members collect memorabilia and swoon every time the object of their adoration is mentioned or a new picture appears

Um.......

Nope, we're definitely not organized...........

Comment

A fan club? We're not a fan club, are we?

Fan Clubs are organized, have regular meetings, and their members collect memorabilia and swoon every time the object of their adoration is mentioned or a new picture appears

Um.......

Nope, we're definitely not organized...........

We are organized.
                    You... file stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      We are organized.
                      You... file stuff.
                      Does that count as being organized? Oh.

Well in that case, I guess we're part-way towards being The Official Martin Wood Fan Club

But only part-way

Comment

In fact, I'm so 'organized' that I didn't even notice your 69

Comment

Does that count as being organized? Oh.

Well in that case, I guess we're party-way towards being The Official Martin Wood Fan Club

But only part-way
                          I just read for a second "we're a party away from being...."

But we're fans that like Martin and talk about it. So we're a "fan group"
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of being called a 'fan' - it's short for fanatic, which I'm definitely not

I'm not

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of being called a 'fan' - it's short for fanatic, which I'm definitely not

I'm not
                              *snort*

sigpic

Comment

In fact, I'm so 'organized' that I didn't even notice your 69

Yeah. That just cost us Fan Club points
                                Thanks though.

And as for fan and fanatic... I agree.
                                Looking a this thread you guys are more 'lun' than 'fan'.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X