The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    True But I daren't go tell them that Martin is working on another show (as is just about everyone involved in Sanctuary), because it will be seen as just one more nail in Sanctuary's coffin
    What's the name of the show?

Yep, and there's also an element of luck involved - some machines are just a pain from the get go while an identical one will last forever and behave perfectly
    Aint that the truth I had Toshiba for 2 years and it's now at a friends house still working brilliantly, while my brother got one for himself at the same time as me, exactly the same and he's constantly had problems with it.

But I cast my vote for Toshiba Though when I was getting it a friend who recommended it, knew that I was working with PS a lot, so he recommended Acer.
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      What's the name of the show?

Aint that the truth I had Toshiba for 2 years and it's now at a friends house still working brilliantly, while my brother got one for himself at the same time as me, exactly the same and he's constantly had problems with it.

But I cast my vote for Toshiba Though when I was getting it a friend who recommended it, knew that I was working with PS a lot, so he recommended Acer.
      My Acer was always good enough for PSing and when I first got it I was bowled over by the clarity of the screen. But since then I've got used to the exceptionally awsome screen on the Tosh, so the Acer pales in comparison

I've just heard that I'm about to suffer yet another WooHoo invasion - Oma has been persuaded by Lea that she really shouldn't try to drive home tonight, so she and Hannah are on their way back here

Comment

My Acer was always good enough for PSing and when I first got it I was bowled over by the clarity of the screen. But since then I've got used to the exceptionally awesome screen on the Tosh, so the Acer pales in comparison
        Well, there you go LJ

I've just heard that I'm about to suffer yet another WooHoo invasion - Oma has been persuaded by Lea that she really shouldn't try to drive home tonight, so she and Hannah are on their way back here
        *grabs magic ring* I predict no sleeping for you guys tonight
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          Well, there you go LJ

*grabs magic ring* I predict no sleeping for you guys tonight
          You're probably right I'm not working tomorrow, so I really don't care

Comment

I think I've found my muse - must have been hiding in the Tosh all the time

Comment

I think I've found my muse - must have been hiding in the Tosh all the time

Mine's back too Though I can't figure out where she's been all this time.
              Great set The one you're using as well
              sigpic

Comment

Probably That Oma, honestly! She never stops talking And Hannah is no better - she went to bed fairly early, but then she got up again and we all ended up going to bed after 2am I didn't sleep until around 5am (for which I totally blame Martin ) and had to be up at 7
                It's totally Oma. All the really really late nights we've ever had, she's been there. Without her we sometimes manage to get to bed before it gets too ridiculous

Glad she and Hannah are staying back with you again tonight
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Woohoo! Another night of woohoo madness!

"Waves" to all the woohoos!
                  sigpic

Comment

Woohoo for Woohoomeets!

Yay for Jumble having her Tosh back!

As for the computer debate.

I love the Macbook that I have right now just for some of the things that are really good at it as the battery, speed and some other handy things. I also like the looks of it but I would have never bought it if I wasn't in the position to get some discount on it when I did. Otherwise too expensive!

My Acer is still amazing too when it works. I liked the screen on it, functionality and was happy with it when I got it 3,5 years ago. Since then the dvd/bluray drive was replaced twice, I got a new hard drive last year and the screen isn't a 100% anymore...oh and I already had to replace the battery after a year, the charger after 2,5 years. But overall I was happy with it. I still use it for watching movies and for extra network functionality at home.

Ohhh and I watched the first episode of Castle. It was fun, but still have to get "into" the show. It's different than I imagined ...so onto episode two I go!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      It's totally Oma. All the really really late nights we've ever had, she's been there. Without her we sometimes manage to get to bed before it gets too ridiculous

Yep, she's definitely a bad influence...... 5am at the first Leeds WoHooMeet wasn't it?

Glad she and Hannah are staying back with you again tonight
                      We've been down to Tesco's and got some takeaway and some gorgeous cherry ice-cream......... and a couple of bottles of wine.......... so we may well be up late again tonght

But I'm determined that there will be no tears this time....... that will be something if I can get through two nights with her without any tears

Comment

Yep, she's definitely a bad influence...... 5am at the first Leeds WoHooMeet wasn't it?

We've been down to Tesco's and got some takeaway and some gorgeous cherry ice-cream......... and a couple of bottles of wine.......... so we may well be up late again tonght

But I'm determined that there will be no tears this time....... that will be something if I can get through two nights with her without any tears
                        Yep, definately another late nite for this little group!

BTW - I have a Dell about 2 years old....haven't had one problem with it that I didn't actually cause! I got it fully packed when I bought it and have enjoyed it ever since. It's still very fast, lots of memory and travels with me although not small!
                        sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Having an amazing time with my 'second family' in North Van. Dropping in to say hi and show off the view from today's hike up a mountain in snow shoes. I had never snow shoed before. Amazing. And the view from the top? Astounding. Took my breath away.

Spoiler:

I just heard from Martin - he hasn't managed to pick up his birthday package yet because he's been busy working on another show. But he says......

"Give Huggles to all the WooHoo's and have them all give you one back from me once they are done running nekkid through the broccoli…. "

I think we can take that as absolute proof that he's a Spencer

Oh, and he still doesn't know if there will be a Sanctuary S5.........

Yay! *huggles martin*

*huggles jumble*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Woohoo on the e-mail from MW.

Here is my opinion (and it is based on nothing more than my own speculation), Syfy has had the numbers for Sanctuary for some time now. If they had no plans to renew their agreement, I think they would have announced it by now. So my view is that they are interested in renewing and are in negotiations with TPTB. It, of course, all comes down to the money and if Syfy and TPTB can come up with a number they can both live with, we will have a season 5. In my view, they need the contribution of Syfy to make it work financially. That is my glass-half-full point of view.
                          You are far more optimistic than I! Im with you that SyFy has had the numbers for some time, and having friends who've worked on shows on that channel, I think their silence is more dooming than inspiring. Though I'd love to be proven very, very wrong.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Good evening WooHoos!

It's really late and I'm tired. We had an open house of sorts at school tonight - elective fair. To be honest, I didn't talk to one single person about Sociology! I did tell a few incoming freshmen about the geography that they were destined to take. They're not allowed electives until they become upper classmen.

On laptops - I had a Compaq for quite a few years and it served me loyally. towards the end it became very cranky, but it was old - I forget how old, probably close to 7 years. The new one is a Lenovo. Whatever you get, my advice is to get it as loaded as you can afford and that way you'll be much happier for much longer.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

No quoting tonight. I forgot to quote while I was reading and too tired to go back.

Jumble - Love the new set you're using!

Computers and laptops - I'm with Jann here and I love my new MacBook Pro. But before that, I had an IBM, and did I hate it! I know it was 6,5 years at the end, but even at the beginning. I must have changed the mother board 6 times in 5 years (had a five-year warranty, so never had to pay for it fortunately). After that, I didn't even bother going back to the tech. It still works though - someone tell me how. It's really slow, but it's my only compy with PS right now.

But really, the others are right. No matter what company you chose, in the end, it's all about comparing reviews online for your needs and taking care of your laptop once you get it.

Jann - Yay for watching the first episode of Castle! Can't hear to think what you think when you'll be farther into it!

MoB - You're right, that view is stunning!

I hope our Woohoos at the improvised meeting had fun tonight. Hopefully they're asleep by now - anyway, I hope they are!

*yawns*

Going to bed myself. I need to be up in about 6 hours...

*leaves huggles behind*
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*iz super duper sad for Joe*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X