The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    Just dashing in because I was studying and a PM notification snapped me out of it. I then realised it was incredibly late and that I should be in bed, and that I had also not been on GW yet like I'd promised myself I would!

After working stupid hours, I've finally got some time off. This is good because I'm behind on the studying. I did a 12-hour shift on Bank Holiday Monday and I'm not entirely sure I've recovered from it yet.

*huggles you all* I hope I'll be able to post more tomorrow!

On a sad note, I have to remove my name from the list of WooHoos attending AT6 - I'm not able to go, but I am hoping that I'll be able to see you all around that time anyway.

Very sorry you can't make it to AT6 but hope you will be able to meet up with everyone in the lobby and that I get the chance to see you. If my nephew comes with me to London, my time with others at AT6 will be limited but I hope to see everyone.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    1. That is not possible

2. I just remember being swooped into a hug at waterloo station, and wondering how the heck you know I was me! That was a pretty big risk!

I had my last scheduled-for-now interview today with Medecins sans Frontieres (Doctors without Borders). Now time has come for soul searching and decisions. *hugs*
    LOL. When I went to Niagra Falls in November for a MW conference, I met up with a fandom friend who lived nearby whom I'd never met before. When I asked her how she knew I was me, she said "I just looked for a pocket-sized Helen Magnus, and there you were!"

Thanks Ladies. MSF is my first choice, but the practice I interviewed with in Cambridge is pretty great and if they make me an offer, I don't know if I can wait for the several months it may take with MSF if they even want me. Which is a legitimate question. The interviewer told me that not very many people even make it to the interview. They get ~3500 applications a year and only about 150-170 people end up in the field every year. Very interesting...
    Congrats on the interview.

I'm a bad woohoo, not been able to come here too often and it totally slipped my mind that MW's b-day is coming up (especially bad since I'm the one who asked him when it was in the first place )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Talk about abnormals

Spoiler:

Unfortunately while this particular drawing was in the making... somebody threw the Canada sign which turned into bird which took a liking to EH-T... whacha gonna do?
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
        Talk about abnormals

Spoiler:
        http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...ohooEh-tdm.jpg
        Unfortunately while this particular drawing was in the making... somebody threw the Canada sign which turned into bird which took a liking to EH-T... whacha gonna do?
        LOL!!! Love it!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          LOL!!! Love it!
          You do know that you have a maple leaf over your face!
          sigpic

Comment

LOL!!! Love it!
            *giggles* Thanksss

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Hey! It's a bird!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Ah yes, she likes to hide her face from the world - she's afraid that her outstanding beauty will be too much for the internet and it'll crash worldwide

Comment

Finally saw it!

SFN
                Spoiler:
                It were two intriguing episodes with a lot going on. I liked it but sometimes I had no clue where the story was going to so that confused me a bit. Almost like they wanted to tell too much in a short period of time without a lot of build up for some reason.

Also when did Wallstreet go down for those 12 min so Helen had the money? You saw them talking about it, but I never saw it happening...or did I miss it?

Other than that I liked Biggy in the episode and of course loved Tesla in combination with Henry. They're AWESOME!

The Tesla/Helen kiss, as sweet as it was, it kinda came out of nowhere. I would have preferred a hug with it I think.

It's also interesting how the story will continue seeing as the Sanctuary has now gone to a new place....
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs everyone*
                  *sends extra hugs and different shades of vibes to those in need*
                  *...and to those who aren't needing vibes.*

Hm... I haven't posted 'the invite' yet, have I?
                  On that.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Finally saw it!

SFN
                    Spoiler:
                    It were two intriguing episodes with a lot going on. I liked it but sometimes I had no clue where the story was going to so that confused me a bit. Almost like they wanted to tell too much in a short period of time without a lot of build up for some reason.

Also when did Wallstreet go down for those 12 min so Helen had the money? You saw them talking about it, but I never saw it happening...or did I miss it?

Other than that I liked Biggy in the episode and of course loved Tesla in combination with Henry. They're AWESOME!

The Tesla/Helen kiss, as sweet as it was, it kinda came out of nowhere. I would have preferred a hug with it I think.

It's also interesting how the story will continue seeing as the Sanctuary has now gone to a new place....
                    SFN:

Spoiler:
                    You never saw it happening. It was only explained in dialogue.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      *bounces and bounces*

Don't worry MoB, he'll get lots of WooHoo love, never fear If you'd like me to make a card from you I'm happy to do that
                      I would love that, Jumble!

Congrats on the interview.

Thanks EH-T

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      Talk about abnormals

Spoiler:
                      http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Dreaming_of_Winter/woohooEh-tdm.jpg
                      Wonderful, Dee!

So, I was in a car accident today. Joy. I'm okay. A little shaken up, but not injured more than ringy ears and a sore neck. The other woman also is okay. My car is also fixable, which is a relief. Fortunately, the boy is coming over and has promised to provide comfort. What's funny is I'm more bummed that I am now the comfortee when I had planned to be the comforter... Ah well, a good problem to have in light of it all.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        SFN:

Spoiler:
                        You never saw it happening. It was only explained in dialogue.
                        Spoiler:
                        Ah that explains it! Still found that a bit vague though!

*hugs MoB* Good to hear you're okay though and that the boy is going to comfort you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          Finally saw it!

SFN
                          Spoiler:

SFN
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, there was a lot packed into both eps - I had to watch both twice to pick it all up

Lee and Anthem are going to have a whale of a time creating the new Sanctuary - I wonder if Magnus will get a new office? I hope not, because then I won't be able to say 'I've been there, I've sat at that desk!'

*hugs everyone*
                          *sends extra hugs and different shades of vibes to those in need*
                          *...and to those who aren't needing vibes.*

Hm... I haven't posted 'the invite' yet, have I?
                          On that.
                          I did wonder...........

Ok, I'm on it

So, I was in a car accident today. Joy. I'm okay. A little shaken up, but not injured more than ringy ears and a sore neck. The other woman also is okay. My car is also fixable, which is a relief. Fortunately, the boy is coming over and has promised to provide comfort. What's funny is I'm more bummed that I am now the comfortee when I had planned to be the comforter... Ah well, a good problem to have in light of it all.
                          *huggles* Good to know you're ok - don't ever refuse comfort How's the car?

Comment

*hugs MoB*
                            Glad you're OK!

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

I did wonder...........

SFN and beyond:
                            Spoiler:
                            I do wonder what the new Sanctuary interior wood look like. The building seemed so modern, but I can't really see that as Magnus style. Hm.

sigpic

Comment

WooHoodStock Administration Office Announcement

Come to our Party! The first one of 2012!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks EH-T

Wonderful, Dee!

*huggs* I'm glad you're ok!!!!

*hugs MoB*
                                Glad you're OK!

SFN and beyond:
                                Spoiler:
                                I do wonder what the new Sanctuary interior wood look like. The building seemed so modern, but I can't really see that as Magnus style. Hm.
                                sfn:
                                Spoiler:
                                Me too! I mean wondering about the interior, as for Magnus style, I love how she left everything behind (represented by that old gun) and kinda in line with the fact that she was without all that stuff for hundred years, so I can see the new building as being completely hers.

But boy did I love that ending... closed circle and all that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X