• Show
Clear All

*gigglesnort*
    Marble.
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

good afternoon WooHoos!

Another long day at work, but a bit more productive I think. The reviews for the final exams are going well. I see there's some ickybah going on around here (and at Sainsbury's!) heavens to betsy.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        oh lordy, pass me the ickybah crown. Both those terms sound like the kind of thing you only read in certain obviously made up "reader's letters" in certain magazines... er... not that I know anything about those sorts of things.

*whistles innocently*

Even more

Jumble pretty please can you post that pic of Martin in the water. Please? You know the one. Would save me some, er, time looking for it.
        This one?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        *gigglesnort*
        Marble.
        It's Mumble!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          good afternoon WooHoos!

Another long day at work, but a bit more productive I think. The reviews for the final exams are going well. I see there's some ickybah going on around here (and at Sainsbury's!) heavens to betsy.

Today's bits:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...yourexsays.jpg
          My reply to that ^^ was "Oh Lord, I hope not!"

Yep, proof positive that the ickybah follows Nad wherever she goes

Comment

Happy New Year Woohoos!
            (Not my best piece of art. Muse has deserted me! I hope it's back soon. I need it for Martin's birthday!)

I've been busy around New Year. Finally have some time to come and play. I hope 2012 treats all of you well and that friendship and love will guide your way through the harder moments. You are all awesome each in your own way and you deserve only the best. *huggles all around*

Sanctuary future + SFN + S4 + whatnot (I can't figure what goes in spoilers and what doesn't because it's all mashed up together, eh!)
            Spoiler:
            That finale? I had no words when the credits rolled. I was sitting on the floor wrapping stuff while watching (and didn't manage do to much wrapping in the end because my eyes were always on the screen), and when it ended, all I did was wrap my arms around my legs and cry. Was I tired? Maybe. But it was so beautiful and tension-filled and I couldn't have asked for a better finale (to the season or to the show).

I'm really glad there's no cliffhanger this season. And although I really want a fifth season, I like the ending we have now. It's full of new possibilities for a future season, yet at the same time resolves everything for the characters. My unresolved issues are only with Chris' characters because we don't know if they're alive or dead. I would have liked more confirmation on that, but maybe they couldn't give us any, and I can understand that. All in all, I think they gave us well-wrapped storylines, all very clever! That last shot of the new Sanctuary was stunning! Although, I *will* miss Old City.

And I second the thought that Ashley needs to stay dead. I never really cared for her as a character in S1 and find her much more useful now that she's not here. The thing I miss most is the mother/daughter, father/daughter relationship (or lack thereof in the latter). It's one of the things that dragged me to the show in the first place, but that I've learned to live without. I wouldn't say no to a flashback or an illusion with her in it, instead of always bringing back scenes from EON and Eulogy, but I also understand that they wouldn't want to bring Emilie on board only for a few minutes. Plus, I don't think having Kate + Ashley would work great in the team dynamic. Just thinking out-loud...

Oh and, I many of you have pointed out, there was some Helen/Nikola squee on my part too!

Originally posted by llp View Post
            All this serious talk is not good sooooo early in the year...Time for some MARTIN SPAM! Anyone???
            That's what I thought too! We're all so serious! Recovering from the Martinmas insanity perhaps...

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            £1,295!!! and they both bought it!!!!! (she's sending me so many emails with info requests right now! )
            *runs that amount in a $CA converter* That's an insane amount of money!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            from LJ:

Question: What's the real origin of the nickname "Sparky" for Sheppard/Weir?

Answer: "Sparky" was officially created by nostalgia_lj on a Shep/Weir mailing list. There is no significance to it -- not because of "sparks" between the two; not because it first showed up in a fic -- just a totally random name picked out of thin air to avoid the sucktitude of fandom name-smushing, e.g. "Shweir" or "Jizabeth."
            I think I like Sparky better than any other name only because they didn't try to match Elizabeth and John's names together. Because they clearly don't go together at all.

I never cared much for ship names. I tend not to use them because I find most of them horrible. Writing Helen/Nikola instead of Teslen is usually the way I go. And I for one like *both* character in a ship, and don't get why we'd need to make them sound as one.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Marble.

*copies post and hopes it's not eaten by gremlins*
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

It's not that funny Jakie

So remind me, which WooHoos are going to AT6?

Jumble
              Sarai
              Josiane
              Laurie
              Dee
              Sil
              EH-T
              Claire
              MoB
              Wendy

Who else? Copy and add your name

Comment

Jumble
                Sarai
                Josiane
                Laurie
                Dee
                Sil
                EH-T
                Claire
                MoB
                Wendy
                Antoa

Comment

which WooHoos are going to AT6?

Jumble
                  Sarai
                  Josiane
                  Laurie
                  Dee
                  Sil
                  EH-T
                  Claire
                  MoB
                  Wendy
                  antoa
                  Jackie
                  Samatha.Majka

Uhm... Cags and +1?
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*headdesk* Sorry Antoa, short term memory loss

That's 13 of us

Cags didn't buy a ticket, but no doubt she'll be joining us at the hotel for some of the time

+1? I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      It's not that funny Jakie
                      Yes, it is!

*raises hand* Me, me! But Dee already added my name to the list.

So many of us! *grins* I can't wait to see you all!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        Yes, it is!

I thought you were, but wasn't sure

Yes, it's going to be quite a WooHoo gathering

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                          which WooHoos are going to AT6?

Jumble
                          Sarai
                          Josiane
                          Laurie
                          Dee
                          Sil
                          EH-T
                          Claire
                          MoB
                          Wendy
                          antoa
                          Jackie
                          Samatha.Majka

Uhm... Cags and +1?
                          This is merely a suggestion, but I for one (with an extremely short short/term and long/term memory) would appreciate people (if they want) to put the name they want to be called next to the name on the list. I probably already know everyone's name, but it might help! Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Looking at flights right now! Prices are what I thought they'd be. It's just a bit too soon to tell when I can leave, so crossing my fingers that it doesn't go higher in the next few months. I'm really happy with the discount the G4 had us on the hotel. I thought it would be more expensive than that! So, that made me smile today.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              *headdesk* Sorry Antoa, short term memory loss

That's 13 of us

Cags didn't buy a ticket, but no doubt she'll be joining us at the hotel for some of the time

+1? I'm not sure
                              Yey!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                              Yes, it is!

*squishy huggles* Me tooo!!!!

Random: Whenever I say squishy (anything) I'm reminded of Wendy

Edit: Oops I forgot to quote Laurie:
                              This is merely a suggestion, but I for one (with an extremely short short/term and long/term memory) would appreciate people (if they want) to put the name they want to be called next to the name on the list. I probably already know everyone's name, but it might help! Thanks!
                              Samatha.Majka would like to be called Sammy I know that much. But I think it'll be easier when you can put a face to the name
                              And I'm Dee! In case you forgot me
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Dee, did I mention that if there is an event of sometime associated with the first meeting it will stay in my memory a lot longer! The first time we met you were so demuir and shy! How could I forget?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X