Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening Woohoos

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    As for Sanctuary: I thought the first 1/2 of season 3 was the strongest season. As for season 4, I loved 4 maybe 5 of the episodes, the rest were very high on the meh factor for me, unfortunately. I think Sanctuary has the potential to be right up there with Deadwood, BSG, and Breaking Bad, but just doesn't quite hit the mark, largely because I think the writers can't quite bring themselves to make Magnus as dark as she could be. And that may have something to do with how much they love Amanda, and the family feeling on the set, but it frustrates me as a fan.
    Re bolded - definitely. I agree with Cags about how being too relentless with the dark can be offputting, but shows like BSG manage to be dark and yet still have the humanity and the lightness of touch that SGU didn't quite pull off - it's a delicate balance. I'm not sure whether I'd enjoy Sanctuary more or less with a properly dark Helen, but I certainly am intrigued by that side of her character and do wish that had been explored a little more - much as the lighter Helen is fun and means we get more of a happy teamy vibe, it was always when Helen went dark that the show really seemed to take off and properly impress me.

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
    WOW! WOW! WOW! Had so much wonderful catching up to do with this thread. I love the openness of our thread and the conversations and different view points. I didn't notice any one getting offended by others view. It shows the relative maturity of our little WhoHoo group over here.
    Yep, that's us! All viewpoints welcome, as long as everyone remains nice and respectful. Kind of like our philosophy on the art thread - doesn't matter what you like, as long as you like each other

Dee, AMAZING Martinart!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yes. Go. Eat my post why don't you?
      I hope my words are nutritious enough to sustain you GW!
      I hope you get a cute word belly that wobbles every time you crash.
      I hope my letters are rich of taste and poor in cholesterol.

Go. Go eat my post.
      Take my edit too.. It's longer.
      I wish I had some artwork to decorate your bowels, but alas.

Go feed.
      Last edited by DutchIndeed; 03 January 2012, 12:36 PM. Reason: It really *did* take the edit! :eek:
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hops in*

No Sanctuary talk from me till I've seen those last few episodes!
        but since I can't control myself completely...So far I like the beginning of S3 the best! But I, in general, love the storyline of the five the most!
        And the show in general could be, every now and then, a bit darker for me...but in a way that Will isn't there. For some reason he just doesn't "work" for me. I don't know why though.

*huggles Woohoos* Sorry for not being online a lot, but I've had a few busy days. Started going to the gym again, shopped a lot(got some new clothes ), hung out with friends and all that jazz. 2012 has been good so far *knocks on wood* (certainly seeing we've only been in it for three days now!)
        sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Cagranosalis; 03 January 2012, 01:15 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

A reminder with a couple of extra points............

If anyone wood like to make birthday art for Martin, please make them 680x383px. Please put your name on your artwork, and send me the highest kb version you have. These will be used to make a birthday video, which will be sent to Martin together with your artwork, printed out and made into proper cards We’ve done this for the last couple of years and I know first hand how much he loves and appreciates them

PLEASE NOTE THAT, IN THIS INSTANCE, SIZE DOES MATTER!!
            They need to fit into the vid frame

PLEASE SEND YOUR ARTWORK TO JUMBLE
            by the 10th January to give me time to get it all sorted and posted off

Then keep the GW kb version safely tucked away ready to post during the celebrations

Thank you

Comment

Good evening WooHoos!

Interesting discussion about the merits of dark storylines/characters.

Jumble, I may have to do a different card for Martin's video - I don't think I did the high resolution part.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Love the first one Nola. That's me in a nutshell. Well, extend it a couple of months. My legs last saw a razor early October. Although I confess I've had to tackle the ladygarden for *ahem* hygiene reasons....hmm!

I see The GW Post Eater ate my post above. Can't even remember what I said. I think I was just laughing at what Nad said.

Right Martin birthday art... gottit. Strike while the muse is hot I say.
                sigpic

Comment

^^^ That took three attempts. <insert expletive of your chosing>
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly Cags, the things you talk about on here

Um........ what's a razor?

Nola, don't worry about the high kb if you haven't got it - yours looks fine to me But of course, if you want to make another that's fine with me

Forgot to post these here earlier, totally not impressed with my efforts today

Comment

Hmmmm! A Razor....I faguely remember that....I think I use one about twice a year.....one of the advantages of menopause.

Oh just to clarify....I have't given up.....my hair just doesn't grow in many places anymore!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Honestly Cags, the things you talk about on here

Um........ what's a razor?
                        It's alright for you; you don't have a throwback Spanish gene giving you the dark look, plus the hirsutism inherent of PCOS sufferers. I have more hair on my legs than my husband did!

I'll take that hug from Martin, ta.

I started out on a birthday art and, um, something else came out instead.
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Now this is ridiculous. Twice is ate my info......twice! What I said already (Ghezz - deja vu or something!) Anyhow, yes, you are correct....no wayward Spanish genes running around here....all Russian and the surrounding areas.

As for PCOS....sorry never heard of this before....or at least the initials. What is it?

BTW - I forgot what I was going to say......I am in a very silly mood right now...sorry!

Helloooooo! Anyone home!
                            Last edited by llp; 03 January 2012, 03:47 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

PCOS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

One of the many reasons why I'm utterly rubbish at getting pregnant without considerable medical intervention.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that if I ever get bored with my life the way it is, I can run away and join the circus as the bearded lady!

Go be silly. Let's see if Gary The GW Post Eating Gremlin likes this one they eh? I notice he never east the ickybah.
                              sigpic

Comment

Too tired to multi quote on the iPad, but I think it's interesting how I mentioned dark and everyone immediately thought of SGU and how they mucked it up. I actually hated SGU and found it unwatchable, lol, so that wasn't what I was thinking. More along the lines of bsg, deadwood, and breaking bad as I had mentioned, which manage to be very dark, yet brilliantly human at the same time. I think that sanctuary along those lines would be beyond brilliant. JMHO, of course!

Laurie: PCOS= polycystic ovarian syndrome.

It's been a long, exhausting day. Nighty night Woohoos!
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X