Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    *waves*

    jobs situ
    Spoiler:

    I am currently operating under the assumption that I will not make it to Canada until 2013, so I am applying for jobs like mad. I've submitted 2 applications to Planned Parenthood to do family planning and now for 2 interesting jobs in NW Washington, as well as out of hospital birth centers in Austin, TX and SoCal. We shall see if anyone bites. If I wanted to stay in NYC, I know I could call up one of the docs I used to work with and she would hire me into her practice for a great salary. I just worry about staying in the NYC 'factory' environment. It's time for me to spread my wings out of my comfort zone and grow up as a midwife. Here's hoping! Good juju appreciated!


    I'm heading out in a couple of hours to see Andi get an award for excellence in IT give by the city, which is awesome. Then perhaps out with a friend. Or home to veg.
    sigpic

    come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

    Comment


      Amy, gorgeous dress!

      Originally posted by llp View Post
      Hey no one told me not to think anymore! Gheez! Why didn't anyone tell me this. Look at all the effort I've been putting out doing that! Come on people (and WooHoos) you got to let a person know these things. Oops...there I go again. Stop that....no more thinking!
      Oops... didn't think.

      I don't have insomnia, except for over two weeks I've had a cold and this cough won't go away, and last night I didn't fall asleep until 6am and that's only because I gave up lying down, and opted to sit-sleep instead.
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

      Comment


        WooHood! for Amy and fitting into the awesome dress!

        And sends more positive working vibes to MoB. Way to go for wanting to spread your wings and going for it

        *hugs WooHoos*

        Clothes and sleep talk? What are we, ...ladies?
        *hugs those with sleep deprivation*
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

        sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


        Comment


          *hugs all*

          I'm sending you positive vibes MoB! I hope you get a job!

          Just had a proud moment. I finished and uploaded my first, selfmade, professional site(thus for a company). Really cool to see it online. linkie...but site is in Dutch
          It's not a 100% my style, but you have to work with what the client wants!
          sigpic

          Comment


            AWw... *hugs all insomniacs* You could form a support group if you weren't all in different time zones. Wait... Kidding, I know it can be tough.

            Very brave of you MoB on the job applications *sends good vibes*

            Went to the exam, went well, wasn't difficult at all.

            Edit: Awesome Jann!
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

            Comment


              Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
              hospitals plus sleeping = never gonna happen! I hope it was nothing serious you were in for?

              Hmm, I should prob wear more make-up I can just never be bothered with it

              And thanks re: dress
              Serious enough to put me immediately back into the hospital (had only been out for about 6 weeks) and perform another surgery to correct the previous surgery error!
              Last edited by llp; 15 November 2011, 05:38 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Just had a proud moment. I finished and uploaded my first, selfmade, professional site(thus for a company). Really cool to see it online. linkie...but site is in Dutch
                It's not a 100% my style, but you have to work with what the client wants!
                Good job, Jann! Very effective

                Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

                Went to the exam, went well, wasn't difficult at all.
                Good!
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

                sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


                Comment


                  Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                  AWw... *hugs all insomniacs* You could form a support group if you weren't all in different time zones. Wait... Kidding, I know it can be tough.
                  Is it bad when I say...been there done that!

                  Went to the exam, went well, wasn't difficult at all.
                  Good to hear that! Hope you did awesome on it!

                  Edit: Awesome Jann!
                  Thanks!

                  Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Good job, Jann! Very effective
                  Thanks! That was the whole goal behind it. Make a simple site where you can easily find everything. Not too fancy or distracting but just a simple place to find the information on.
                  If it would have been up to me there would have been a lot more gadgets in it
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Thanks! That was the whole goal behind it. Make a simple site where you can easily find everything. Not too fancy or distracting but just a simple place to find the information on.
                    If it would have been up to me there would have been a lot more gadgets in it
                    Yeah, I bet there wood have been.


                    Some of you wanted to see pic pics, so here you go!
                    They're not on my wall yet, so you also get to see some WooHoo memorabilia.

                    Martin



                    J-Yo



                    Overall shot



                    *hugs Jumble and Wendy again
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

                    sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


                    Comment


                      Huggles for all the non-sleepers.

                      MoB - if you get to Austin, you'll only be 90 miles from me! In Texas, that's practically next door.

                      Jann - I can't get the site to load for some reason

                      Oh my goodness on the surgical problems! I've had many, many major surgeries over the years, but fortunately without incident.

                      In light of the above...


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        *wanders in, migraine tablets kicking in*

                        My screen brightness is far too low for me to appreciate the pretties Nad, but I'm sure they are awesome.

                        Gah...... headaches make me crave human contact...*Hugs everyone on the thread*





                        ..........I came in here to do something????........ Oh yeah. Another '69 post



                        *Wanders out in a migraine haze............*
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

                        Comment


                          *gently huggles Mr* that migraine was me Sunday. Hope you get to feeling more the thing soon.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Ooohh love the goodies Nad! But I have to ask why Martin wrote "thanks for the intro"...made me curious!

                            Nola...weird that you can't load it. Did it gave an error or just stayed white?

                            *huggles MR*
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Yeah, I bet there wood have been.


                              Some of you wanted to see pic pics, so here you go!
                              They're not on my wall yet, so you also get to see some WooHoo memorabilia.

                              Aw! Don't they look pretty in their fancy silver frames? *huggles Nad*

                              Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              *wanders in, migraine tablets kicking in*

                              My screen brightness is far too low for me to appreciate the pretties Nad, but I'm sure they are awesome.

                              Gah...... headaches make me crave human contact...*Hugs everyone on the thread*

                              ..........I came in here to do something????........ Oh yeah. Another '69 post

                              *Wanders out in a migraine haze............*

                              *huggles for the migraine*

                              Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Ooohh love the goodies Nad! But I have to ask why Martin wrote "thanks for the intro"...made me curious!

                              Nola...weird that you can't load it. Did it gave an error or just stayed white?

                              *huggles MR*
                              When I handed him the pic to sign for Nad, I told him how it was her that got this whole Martin appreciation thing going and that he should blame her for my devotion

                              Comment


                                I'm not insomniac at all!!!!
                                Btw DM....I remember that you could sleep even with an earthquake...jsut saying
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X