No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Jann, you can say all the bad things about Sanctuary you want as long as it doesn't include Martin Wood

It's like with Stargate. I still think TPTB made some silly decisions there, but I do love them
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Oh Jann, you can say all the bad things about Sanctuary you want as long as it doesn't include Martin Wood

It's like with Stargate. I still think TPTB made some silly decisions there, but I do love them
      No Nad, we have to be fair - criticism of Martin is acceptable, he's not perfect ouchouchouchouch - that hurt.......... just don't ever expect me to agree with it

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

*Hopes this isn't one of Martin's lurking days

Sorry Martin, I really didn't like Breach - but I LOVED Tempus and Monsoon

*huggles him to make up for it*
        And here I was about to ask everyone to make a list of the things they dislike about Sancuary, just for he heck of it.
        Now I'm afraid to.

BTW, if I recall correctly, some of us haven't been very Will loving in the past. That's critique no one was ashamed of giving, right?
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

No Nad, we have to be fair - criticism of Martin is acceptable, he's not perfect ouchouchouchouch - that hurt.......... just don't ever expect me to agree with it
          *puts Jumble on ignore list for even implying that 'criticism of Martin is acceptable'.*

What part of thread dictatorship and censure don't you get? No. No it's not acceptable! No. There's Martin and there's Amanda's Hair. They're hands off kind of subjects.

sigpic

Comment

And here I was about to ask everyone to make a list of the things they dislike about Sancuary, just for he heck of it.
            Now I'm afraid to.
            Oooooh! That sounds like a good idea - although I'm afraid it might turn into a 'serious' discussion, and we can't have that

I'll start - I didn't like Ashley!

*runz*

BTW, if I recall correctly, some of us haven't been very Will loving in the past. That's critique no one was ashamed of giving, right?
            Very true.

And isn't it interesting that he's suddenly started to act like a grown-up, which is exactly what we've been saying he should do

*puts Jumble on ignore list for even implying that 'criticism of Martin is acceptable'.*

What part of thread dictatorship and censure don't you get? No. No it's not acceptable! No. There's Martin and there's Amanda's Hair. They're hands off kind of subjects.

Since when did I get usurped as his protector????

And while I'm in critique mode - I thought Amanda's hair looked a mess in Monsoon even before all the action started!

*runz faster*

Comment

I know you can say critical things about TPTB/Sanctuary in here, but sometimes everyone kind of has the same opinion and it's hard to be the odd ball.(or whatever you call it!)

But I have been more often critical about Sanctuary lately(especially the end/second half of S3) than praising. *shrugs*
              sigpic

Comment

Oooooh! That sounds like a good idea - although I'm afraid it might turn into a 'serious' discussion, and we can't have that

I'll start - I didn't like Ashley!

*runz*

...I didn't like Ashley either and I love Kate. Thought Will fell flat compared to the grown ups. Really disliked the Olaf idea. Um... I was mildly disappointed by the way the Hollow Earth storyline played out and I so far have not enjoyed the 'romance' we've seen on the show. Um... *thinks* That's it for now, I guess.
                Oh no, I also think Wrestlers should not have fight scenes.

Very true.

And isn't it interesting that he's suddenly started to act like a grown-up, which is exactly what we've been saying he should do
                It is! He's a big boy now!
                (Just don't need to see him half nekkid to show that.

Since when did I get usurped as his protector????

And while I'm in critique mode - I thought Amanda's hair looked a mess in Monsoon even before all the action started!

*runz faster*
                *gasps*
                But...
                The Hair was just having a nice day off. It deserved it.
                Obviously it was very ...attractive

I know where you live...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I know you can say critical things about TPTB/Sanctuary in here, but sometimes everyone kind of has the same opinion and it's hard to be the odd ball.(or whatever you call it!)

But I have been more often critical about Sanctuary lately(especially the end/second half of S3) than praising. *shrugs*
                  I thought you were used to being an odd ball by now?

I have been a little disappointed in things for a while too, but it got better for me. Still watching and enjoying it. I've liked season 4 so far and I'm happy. It's steady fun, while in S3 there were big highs and lows for me.

sigpic

Comment

Blimey Jumble. Spookily accurate. Was that a reading from somewhere?

Bree and Char, massive huge mega squishy huggles. how utterly pants for you all. I hope life gives you a break really soon. You're about due I'd say.

Sanctuary:
                    I have been reading the comments about all the eps this year since I realised by the time it actually airs here (and I get to see it) that enough would have leeched through that I'd find out anyway and I'd rather find out from you guys than elsewhere. I too managed to pick up some things from Facebook (not Twitter) although it's easier to hide people on FB so you can avoid it when you know it's coming.

Monsoon
                    Spoiler:

It sounds like an awesome episode. I think it's a bit inevitable that "the kiss" was going to generate so much buzz. I also think they must have known it would be a big talking point. And I guess is people are tweeting it, then they're tweeting Sanctuary in general and that's good publicity for the show.
                    I do think when the "fuss" over the kiss dies down, there'll be a lot more substance to the comments people are making. Although I guess there's always going to be an element of fandom who will focus on and go nuts over that one thing (and it's been like that all along where there's any kind of 'ship involved. Just take a look at the sam/Jack ship and how those "shippier" episodes stand up; Divide & Conquer stands up as one of the finest episode of season4, if not SG-1 in all, but there's a massive contingent of people who will only remember the "I care about her, a lot more than I'm supposed to".
                    That doesn't mean people don't appreciate the production and writing of the episode; it just means that they don't necessarily realise that what they love about it comes directly from what happens behind the scenes. I think that's something Woohoos get more than most, but obviously, not unique to us. It's just you know that you'll get that here, and you know that the opinions may be divided but then respect for each other's feelings/opinions - and the respect for the work TPTB put into it - will always be the most important thing. Elsewhere there'll be such a varied mix of those that have something great to say, have no respect, just want to fangurl squee, feminists, those who have a gay agenda(either for or against), those who just like big bangs or monsters...you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff and discard that which you know is irrelevant.
                    In short (coz I iz waffling again ) I think time will be kinder to this episode as a whole package than the current squealy reaction to the kiss. At least I hope so.

Anyway, I now can't bloody wait to see it, and the rest of S4. It's been a long while since I had any enthusiasm for anything on telly so this is a good thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think we all had our issues with the second half of S3

...I didn't like Ashley either and I love Kate. Thought Will fell flat compared to the grown ups. Really disliked the Olaf idea. Um... I was mildly disappointed by the way the Hollow Earth storyline played out and I so far have not enjoyed the 'romance' we've seen on the show. Um... *thinks* That's it for now, I guess.
                      Hm. Not much there that I can honestly disagree with. End of that discussion then

It is! He's a big boy now!
                      (Just don't need to see him half nekkid to show that)
                      Agreed. S4 spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      I mean, they didn't feel the need to show us Henry and his lady having rampant sex on the sofa to explain exactly how she got pregnant did they?

*gasps*
                      But...
                      The Hair was just having a nice day off. It deserved it.
                      Obviously it was very ...attractive

I know where you live...
                      Ah, so you agree it looked a mess?

*runz off to bed*

WoodNight WooHoos *huggles*

*extra squishy huggles Martin in the hope that he'll forgive me*
                      Last edited by Jumble; 30 October 2011, 05:21 PM. Reason: Ooops! Forgot to spoil, sorry :o

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Blimey Jumble. Spookily accurate. Was that a reading from somewhere?
                        If I remember correctly, it was from one of those Medium sites where they give you some stuff in the hope that you'll pay them a fortune for more - which of course I didn't I think I read it and thought 'Yeah, right ' and then just filed it away and forgot about it. But seeing it post TSE did make me think 'Bloody Heck!'

Sanctuary:
                        I have been reading the comments about all the eps this year since I realised by the time it actually airs here (and I get to see it) that enough would have leeched through that I'd find out anyway and I'd rather find out from you guys than elsewhere. I too managed to pick up some things from Facebook (not Twitter) although it's easier to hide people on FB so you can avoid it when you know it's coming.

Monsoon
                        Spoiler:

It sounds like an awesome episode. I think it's a bit inevitable that "the kiss" was going to generate so much buzz. I also think they must have known it would be a big talking point. And I guess is people are tweeting it, then they're tweeting Sanctuary in general and that's good publicity for the show.
                        I do think when the "fuss" over the kiss dies down, there'll be a lot more substance to the comments people are making. Although I guess there's always going to be an element of fandom who will focus on and go nuts over that one thing (and it's been like that all along where there's any kind of 'ship involved. Just take a look at the sam/Jack ship and how those "shippier" episodes stand up; Divide & Conquer stands up as one of the finest episode of season4, if not SG-1 in all, but there's a massive contingent of people who will only remember the "I care about her, a lot more than I'm supposed to".
                        That doesn't mean people don't appreciate the production and writing of the episode; it just means that they don't necessarily realise that what they love about it comes directly from what happens behind the scenes. I think that's something Woohoos get more than most, but obviously, not unique to us. It's just you know that you'll get that here, and you know that the opinions may be divided but then respect for each other's feelings/opinions - and the respect for the work TPTB put into it - will always be the most important thing. Elsewhere there'll be such a varied mix of those that have something great to say, have no respect, just want to fangurl squee, feminists, those who have a gay agenda(either for or against), those who just like big bangs or monsters...you just have to sort the wheat from the chaff and discard that which you know is irrelevant.
                        In short (coz I iz waffling again ) I think time will be kinder to this episode as a whole package than the current squealy reaction to the kiss. At least I hope so.

Anyway, I now can't bloody wait to see it, and the rest of S4. It's been a long while since I had any enthusiasm for anything on telly so this is a good thing.
                        I hope you're right And if you get here nice and early on the 13th you can see the first couple of eps before lunch, and the rest after

Now I really am going to bed

Comment

Good post, Cags.

Hm. Not much there that I can honestly disagree with. End of that discussion then
                          Keeps GW running

S4:
                          Spoiler:
                          Agreed. I mean, they didn't feel the need to show us Henry and his lady having rampant sex on the sofa to explain exactly how she got pregnant did they?
                          Isn't that a S4 spoiler?

But true

Ah, so you agree it looked a mess?

*runz off to bed*

I...
                          no... The Hair was... lovely
                          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 30 October 2011, 05:29 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Ooop! You're right Nad - I've put it in spoilers

But I think the part you left unspoilered is also a bit of a spoiler

Comment

I agree with almost all of it. Except I liked Ashley...or let me rephrase that; I liked the concept of Ashley; it had a lot of potential. IMHO more than Kate has.

As for the romance in the beginning I loved the thought of Helen/John; so far only disappointment...the other "ships" Will/Abey...blergh, but I do like Henry and his girl. They're funny together!
                              I also hoped that Will had something special. So far he's just the guy that takes too much screen time for my sake. This season it is getting better though. Lil' Will is growing up.
                              The storyline of S3 with hollow earth had so much potential and I LOVED the beginning of S3...to be disappointed about how it ended...

I want to see more about the five. That is for me the best storyline in the entire series. That's also why I LOVED the season opener.

Oh and Amanda's hair is just love. Seriously wish I had hair like that

And that's what I can think of atm.

I think we all had our issues with the second half of S3
                              I see it now! But perhaps it's because I haven't been on that much lately(or just in general the last year) but I only saw positive comments in here with a side of dislike for Will every now and then.
                              Since I also don't have a lot of talks/discussions with y'all outside of this thread I just see/inform myself based on what I read in here.

*runz off to bed*

Woodnight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ooop! You're right Nad - I've put it in spoilers

But I think the part you left unspoilered is also a bit of a spoiler
                                Spoiled now

I agree with almost all of it. Except I liked Ashley...or let me rephrase that; I liked the concept of Ashley; it had a lot of potential. IMHO more than Kate has.
                                Yeah. I love the daughter idea, but for me, the character was a bit... I dunno. *shrugs*
                                I much more like the drama the situation brings now. And I'd hate to see her brought back like people are asking for

As for the romance in the beginning I loved the thought of Helen/John; so far only disappointment...the other "ships" Will/Abey...blergh, but I do like Henry and his girl. They're funny together!
                                I also hoped that Will had something special. So far he's just the guy that takes too much screen time for my sake. This season it is getting better though. Lil' Will is growing up.
                                I do kind of like Henry and Erika. Very cute. But that's mostly because they're not so 'overly together'. Plus I like the characters seperately.

The storyline of S3 with hollow earth had so much potential and I LOVED the beginning of S3...to be disappointed about how it ended...
                                Right. It seemed so adventurous and then it sort of went all ''who needs a good puzzle when I know how to get there and ...walk in''. It seemed so easy and... I just didn't LOVE it.

*blinks*

I really do adore the show. I do.
                                'Awakening' made everything better in a heartbeat.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X