X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Because it's me
    Well, there's that

It is! I told you last night I would cause problems!
    Yes, I should have taken that threat more seriously

You wouldn't! Although I would have been very special!
    I wood have, but after a bit of creative snipping and rendering I finally got you up the right way

Ok and moment of ranting...
    So I've been doing groupwork again this semester(no choice) and this time not the teamleader, but there is just one girl in our group that shows up late, does her work bad, hands it in late etc. which is annoying. Now we are in a media class and we gave her the assignment to write down the guidelines for our FB page for our campaign...
    Group leader already texted me yesterday about that she was being stupid and all again...oh and not to forget playing the victim role...now I got an email from her saying that she doesn't know what to do since she in previous projects only did content...
    I actually got really mad about that and told her she can do research(she's our researcher) to find out and secondly she's in a freaking media(!!) class so she should know...including all the projects we already did about this stuff. It's SO easy and she is saying she doesn't know how.
    Ugh! I hate group work. We already kicked her out in another group assignment...getting close to getting kicked out in here too. It's like being hired for something but you cant even do your job
    /end rant
    *huggles*

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    I refuse to assign group projects because someone always tries to weasel their way out of doing any work and someone else always has to do an unfair share of the load. That old cry of "I don't know what to do" is absolute garbage. She's just freaking lazy.
    What she ^^ said! There's always one

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    1. It's broken. I need to fix it.
    Excuses.....

3. Avoid any and ALL promos by SyFy then. Really, really spoilery.
    Thanks, I will

6. It's not. And it IS the best Sanctuary they've ever done. The show rarely blows me away. It blew me away.
    Phew! Thank you

He did say we were going to love it

Originally posted by llp View Post
    I say neither zed or zee - I don't even know what it is! SO THERE!
    You don't know what the last letter of the alphabet is???

And you a writer

Ok, vid is finally done and about to be uploaded to yt - maybe now I can start making some artwork Nola is putting me to shame

Comment

Well, I'm not real pleased with how Martin's hand came out. It was cut off in the photo and so I "built" some curled fingers to finish it off. Also, I'm just starting to realize that it's necessary to use several textures at once. Haven't done that yet.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not real pleased with how Martin's hand came out. It was cut off in the photo and so I "built" some curled fingers to finish it off. Also, I'm just starting to realize that it's necessary to use several textures at once. Haven't done that yet.
        Ah, that's what it is! When I first saw it I wondered where you'd got it from because I knew his hand wasn't visible in the pic I have - which shows you that your little bit of manipping isn't very obvious

Yes, textures - they can make such a difference by using several of them. Just play about with the layer modes and opacities

I'm a bit peeved that his hand has been chopped off in this pic......

Last edited by Jumble; 08 October 2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I have to say, you guys are the best. I'm feeling squishy-lovey today, so you all have to bear the brunt of it. Andi has had enough.

I went for a run even though I didn't feel like it. I'm tired and hated nearly every second of it, but now the endorphins are kicking in and I'm SO glad I went.

So, I think I need to start paying more attention to world news again. It's so depressing, but I used to be so political, and now I've realized that midwifery has really become my whole world, and while that's not a bad thing, if you are not a midwife or a midwifery-supporter (I know that's a foreign concept to the UK-ers, but midwifery is still rather a fringe profession in N. America), it's not very interesting.

Yeah, I've renewed my musical and stagey stuff, but that's also limited outside of people who don't actually do it. At least with current events and politics, you can always have a good argument!

See? Getting out of my head by huggling everyone super hard!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*huggles MoB back super hard*

You make yourself sound boring and limited, which is so not true! Your musical and stagey stuff is very interesting, even to me who doesn't like musicals

I love hearing about your baby-catching (even if I don't necessarily want to know all the gory details ), and I've really enjoyed hearing about your 'fight' lessons and seeing the pics

The thing is, friends care about you and are interested in what you do, even if it's not their 'thing', and how do we learn and become rounded individuals if we don't take an interest in things outside our normal spheres of preference?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              *huggles MoB back super hard*

You make yourself sound boring and limited, which is so not true! Your musical and stagey stuff is very interesting, even to me who doesn't like musicals

I love hearing about your baby-catching (even if I don't necessarily want to know all the gory details ), and I've really enjoyed hearing about your 'fight' lessons and seeing the pics

The thing is, friends care about you and are interested in what you do, even if it's not their 'thing', and how do we learn and become rounded individuals if we don't take an interest in things outside our normal spheres of preference?
              True enough. I do love hearing about what everyone else does and learning about it. Perhaps I'm being a little too introspective? Heh. Me? Never. *hugs*

PS- I'm sending you a PM
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*sneeks in*

Made this for you guys....... Jumble said I should post it here and promises not to be too offended that I used the word madness in a pic with Martin

Last edited by Madness reigns; 08 October 2011, 12:06 PM.
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                  *sneeks in*

Made this for you guys....... Jumble said I should post it here and promises not to be too offended that I used the word madnessin a pic with Martin

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...Artwork/MW.jpg
                  Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hm.
                    Hungry Eyes is on the radio and there's wine on the table...
                    What a fitting birthday get together.
                    *off to catch up*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'm so sorry Cags, you know I'd LOVE to come and help, but I'm waaaay too busy today

*looks around*

I'm sure there was something urgent that I needed to do......

Ye-es. There's always something isn't there...!

FWIW, I spent the day at The Allotment. For those not familiar, an allotment is a plot of land you rent (usually off the local authority) on which you're supposed to grow your own fruit and vegetables. It's usually located in among several other plots so like a large field and each tennant has a strip. Only my strip was entirely covered in waist high couch grass when I took it on in May and has now, finally, for the first time today, actually got some fruit growing on it. I have a lot to do still (er, like another 80 ft of grass to dig out) but I feel like I've achieved something at last.
                      And now I am shattered so will no doubt sleep very well tonight; which was kind of the point of taking it on really.

But I've foiled her - finally got a slideshow with her up the right way

Good. Pesky Upside Downsy Dutch girls!

Did someone say "Martin's Hands"? Awesome artwork by the way. Love it.

I'm a bit peeved that his hand has been chopped off in this pic......

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...dy-bts-141.jpg
                      You're peeved? I'm the Handy Woohoo so you can image how crushed I am!

MOB I also love hearing about your baby catching ways... well, like Jumble I can live without the gory details (yeah, once - even tanked up on gas and pethedine - was more than enough, ta) but nevertheless, new life is something to be shared and celebrated.

*huggles Woohoos everywhere*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        True enough. I do love hearing about what everyone else does and learning about it. Perhaps I'm being a little too introspective? Heh. Me? Never. *hugs*
                        I think maybe you are

PS- I'm sending you a PM
                        I see it

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *sneeks in*

Made this for you guys....... Jumble said I should post it here and promises not to be too offended that I used the word madness in a pic with Martin

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...Artwork/MW.jpg
                        It's gorgeous - thank you so much! And you have the honour of being the first to accept the challenge

Welcome to the thread *hugs*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Hm.
                        Hungry Eyes is on the radio and there's wine on the table...
                        What a fitting birthday get together.
                        *off to catch up*
                        Hungry Eyes?

I don't have any wine left

But I think there's some broccoli cake ............

and for those that don't indulge, cupcake!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Ye-es. There's always something isn't there...!
                          There was! I had to finish the vid before next Wednesday!

FWIW, I spent the day at The Allotment. For those not familiar, an allotment is a plot of land you rent (usually off the local authority) on which you're supposed to grow your own fruit and vegetables. It's usually located in among several other plots so like a large field and each tennant has a strip. Only my strip was entirely covered in waist high couch grass when I took it on in May and has now, finally, for the first time today, actually got some fruit growing on it. I have a lot to do still (er, like another 80 ft of grass to dig out) but I feel like I've achieved something at last. And now I am shattered so will no doubt sleep very well tonight; which was kind of the point of taking it on really.
                          Tennant did a strip on your allotment? *covers eyes*

Good. Pesky Upside Downsy Dutch girls!
                          They're so bloody hard to control

Did someone say "Martin's Hands"? Awesome artwork by the way. Love it. You're peeved? I'm the Handy Woohoo so you can image how crushed I am!
                          Yes..... maybe I should have a word with him about giving better directions to his cameraman

*huggles Cags*

Comment

From Twitter:

Damian Kindler
                            "You know when you write a script, feel really good about it, and a director shoots it brilliantly? You're watching it now."
                            Now I wonder which Director he's talking about ......

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

1. FWIW, I spent the day at The Allotment. For those not familiar, an allotment is a plot of land you rent (usually off the local authority) on which you're supposed to grow your own fruit and vegetables. It's usually located in among several other plots so like a large field and each tennant has a strip. Only my strip was entirely covered in waist high couch grass when I took it on in May and has now, finally, for the first time today, actually got some fruit growing on it. I have a lot to do still (er, like another 80 ft of grass to dig out) but I feel like I've achieved something at last.
                              And now I am shattered so will no doubt sleep very well tonight; which was kind of the point of taking it on really.

2. MOB I also love hearing about your baby catching ways... well, like Jumble I can live without the gory details (yeah, once - even tanked up on gas and pethedine - was more than enough, ta) but nevertheless, new life is something to be shared and celebrated.

1. Ooh. That sounds amazing. We have community gardens here in NYC that are something similar. I have a bit of a black thumb, which is likely mental given childhood experiences with gardening, but I totally appreciate a beautiful garden and home-grown fruits and veggies!

2. Thanks Cags. I promise to never get too graphic. That is stuff I do know to keep between myself and my colleagues.

Speaking of which, I'm heading to work soon. Hopefully it won't be too busy and I'll be around tonight. And hopefully on Tuesday I get good news.

I have Tempus on my iPad now. Maybe I'll rewatch in the morning on my commute home. But then there's season 3 of Dr Who to get through... decisions decisions!

*runs around hugging everyone*

I so wasn't kidding about the love.
                              sigpic

Comment

*crawls in tiredly and flops on couch* Just back after a lovely day in London visiting a friend. But after my US trip and the jet lag and then a week at work (the first week of term, no less), I'm really feeling the exhaustion

*huggles you all*
                                *passes out*
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X