Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post


    *giggles* Yes! *clenches fist* Finally!
    Having fun on your course? *evil grin*
    You only caught me out because I was barely awake


    ... I have no idea why my evil nature comes out when you're around
    I have that effect on a lot of people usually in a good way

    And on the work from from me, I've been upgraded to a photographer on set as well! So my day is crazy Which is why I spend it frowning.

    On the plus side, I've learned a lot in just these four days!
    Oooh, well done you! *huggles*

    My course was really interesting (for a change ), so I didn't feel my day was wasted after all

    I did get into a slightly heated discussion with a lady who seemed to be under the impression that people become single parents by choice, that they are incapable of bringing up their children properly and are generally too stupid to know where to seek help when they need it She reckons that victims of domestic abuse exaggerate, because it's never really that bad, so I gave her a calm, polite but graphic description of what it's really like to be trapped in a violent relationship and how bloody hard it is to start a new life when you're forced to grab your kids and run away to a strange place where you know nobody and where your older children resent you for taking them away from their schools and friends

    She had the nerve to tell me that I don't 'look like' one of 'those' people! I told her that the external bruises heal, but the internal scars are there for life - they either cripple you or make you stronger. She ended up very red-faced and, I suspect, still not quite believing Lucky her to be happily married and to never have had a bad experience

    /rant. Sorry

    Comment


      Unbelievable in this day and age that anyone could fail to understand the truth of the victims of domestic violence and abuse. It takes a very strong person to start all over again from scratch (with children no less!) and make a new life. If anyone thinks that it's by choice, they really have another think coming. In a perfect world, every child would have two perfect parents. Unfortunately we don't live in that world. There are lots of great single parents out there who have done a spectacular job juggling jobs and family and raising great kids.
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        Unbelievable in this day and age that anyone could fail to understand the truth of the victims of domestic violence and abuse. It takes a very strong person to start all over again from scratch (with children no less!) and make a new life. If anyone thinks that it's by choice, they really have another think coming. In a perfect world, every child would have two perfect parents. Unfortunately we don't live in that world. There are lots of great single parents out there who have done a spectacular job juggling jobs and family and raising great kids.
        To be fair, it's understandable to a certain extent - people who have never had that kind of experience and have never been in close contact with someone who has just find it very hard to believe, let alone understand. But I do take offense when I hear all single parents being lumped together and judged as 'bad' parents by people who don't know what they're talking about. If a child/teenager gets into trouble for stealing, violence, drugs, pregnant at a young age, etc and they come from a 'broken' home, people just shrug their shoulders and say it's to be expected because of his/her background, when in fact there are just as many children/teenagers in the same mess that come from a 'normal' family background.

        I'm proud of my children, not only for what each of them has achieved but because people that know them tell me how nice they are, how caring and kind, and I have no qualms about taking full credit for that! It's not a question of how many parents a child has, it's a question of how much love and guidance they are given when they are growing up It is hard - very hard, but I believe that one dedicated parent is better than two undedicated ones who don't care enough to do what's best for their children
        Last edited by Jumble; 24 September 2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: Spellllllllling!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          It's not a question of how many parents a child has, it's a question of how much love and guidance they are given when they are growing up It is hard - very hard, but I beleive that one dedicated parent is better than two undedicated ones who don't care enough to do what's best for their children
          Absolutely! I see lots of kids from so-called *stable* homes that are wilder than the ones from loving single-parent ones. It's so dependent on the parents. I have been blessed to still be married to the father of my children, and he's a wonderful man. But waaaay too many parents don't fit the bill. My girls grew up to be fantastic women that I'm proud to know. Sometimes I wonder how, since none of us had any experience at being parents when we first were - heheh.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Absolutely! I see lots of kids from so-called *stable* homes that are wilder than the ones from loving single-parent ones. It's so dependent on the parents. I have been blessed to still be married to the father of my children, and he's a wonderful man. But waaaay too many parents don't fit the bill. My girls grew up to be fantastic women that I'm proud to know. Sometimes I wonder how, since none of us had any experience at being parents when we first were - heheh.
            We none of us start off with parenting skills, and usually the only 'experience' we've had is from watching our own parents. Those that are lucky enough to have had good parenting role models start off ahead of the game, but there are an awful lot that don't. I think my success came from doing everything totally the opposite of what my parents did I grew up swearing to myself that no child of mine wood ever feel unloved or lonely, and that they wood never be beaten or made to feel useless or inadequate. It seems to have worked

            Jo (my eldest) often complained to me that Suz (my youngest) was allowed to stay out later than she was at the same age, go to places that she wasn't allowed to go, and generally do a lot of things that she didn't get to do. I tell her that being my first child she was a bit of a guinea-pig, and that by the time Suz came along (12 years later) I'd had enough practise to know when to loosen the reins, when it was reasonable to trust, and when not to worry. It wasn't until recently, when she heard the same complaint from her eldest son regarding the second one, that she understood

            Comment


              *chuckles* sounds as if you and I had the same mother and father! I made more or less the same vow and wound up with girls who love me and are close to me. My mum passed away this summer and it was hard for me to think of a time when she actually cared for me. Needless to say, we were not close. I haven't seen my father in years. Oddly, when my parents divorced, the children all stayed with dad. I guess it was because he could support us better. it certainly wasn't because of warmth or affection.

              My girls are only 13 months apart, so they didn't benefit from a great deal of experience from one to the next. Too bad for them - they didn't get the stay out later or relaxed rules.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                To be fair, it's understandable to a certain extent - people who have never had that kind of experience and have never been in close contact with someone who has just find it very hard to believe, let alone understand. But I do take offense when I hear all single parents being lumped together and judged as 'bad' parents by people who don't know what they're talking about. If a child/teenager gets into trouble for stealing, violence, drugs, pregnant at a young age, etc and they come from a 'broken' home, people just shrug their shoulders and say it's to be expected because of his/her background, when in fact there are just as many children/teenagers in the same mess that come from a 'normal' family background.

                I'm proud of my children, not only for what each of them has achieved but because people that know them tell me how nice they are, how caring and kind, and I have no qualms about taking full credit for that! It's not a question of how many parents a child has, it's a question of how much love and guidance they are given when they are growing up It is hard - very hard, but I beleive that one dedicated parent is better than two undedicated ones who don't care enough to do what's best for their children
                Just as there are as many kids who *do* come from that background who've gone on to lead perfectly stable lives

                *relurks*

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  *chuckles* sounds as if you and I had the same mother and father! I made more or less the same vow and wound up with girls who love me and are close to me. My mum passed away this summer and it was hard for me to think of a time when she actually cared for me. Needless to say, we were not close. I haven't seen my father in years. Oddly, when my parents divorced, the children all stayed with dad. I guess it was because he could support us better. it certainly wasn't because of warmth or affection.
                  It saddens me to find that the more people I get to know, the more there are that had a similar childhood to mine I've had no contact with my parents for about 15/16 years, and when my mother died last year I felt no regret whatsoever, and no guilt for that either. My life and that of my children have been 150% better for the lack of my parents' presence.

                  My girls are only 13 months apart, so they didn't benefit from a great deal of experience from one to the next. Too bad for them - they didn't get the stay out later or relaxed rules.
                  Rob got a little bit of benefit, but not much since he was younger than Jo by only three years

                  Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  Just as there are as many kids who *do* come from that background who've gone on to lead perfectly stable lives

                  *relurks*
                  Exactly - of which you are a shining example

                  I got off my soapbox long enough to play with Martin a little.........

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Laurie, are you seriously saying you didn't label your boxes with a list of what was in each one?

                    Glad to hear you're sleeping better at least
                    Only a few were labeled as to content. All were labeled as to which room and stars were put on the ones I deemed important enough to open first.....I guess I should have starred a few more! Oh well, I'll find everything eventually. Having more fun scooting the neighborhood.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      And they love the boxes. They have made themselves right at home. Only took a few hours for them to scoot out all the good places to get into and through, etc. But I have noticed they have been staying a little closer by then usual.....and even that is starting to end. Nap time now....long naps for everyone but me!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Jumble - I've been reading your comments about the woman who doesn't understand abuse. You are much more objective than I am...the woman is a fool that lives about 100 years behind the times. My parents were not abusive, my mom was very lovable and my dad tried, but he had a hard life himself and wasn't very demonstrative towards us. But he did care. And as far as my friends were - I only knew of one that had a real abusive father.

                        However, I live in the real world. I know there are great people, good people, indifferent people, stupid ones, and down right mean and abusive ones. Single parents are just single parents. Some because of abuse, some because they married for the wrong reason, some because of a death and some because they got pregnant first. Anyone who doesn't see these things - they fall into the stupid/foolish/ignorant group. I hope this woman doesn't spread her "values" to the kids. In general - Life Happens - you either learn to cope or not. She obviously learned to bury her head in the sand. I thing the lack of oxygen must have affected her thinking.

                        Pardon me, must take my philosophy hat off......time to unpack some boxes!
                        See ya all later!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Jumble - I've been reading your comments about the woman who doesn't understand abuse. You are much more objective than I am...the woman is a fool that lives about 100 years behind the times. My parents were not abusive, my mom was very lovable and my dad tried, but he had a hard life himself and wasn't very demonstrative towards us. But he did care. And as far as my friends were - I only knew of one that had a real abusive father.

                          However, I live in the real world. I know there are great people, good people, indifferent people, stupid ones, and down right mean and abusive ones. Single parents are just single parents. Some because of abuse, some because they married for the wrong reason, some because of a death and some because they got pregnant first. Anyone who doesn't see these things - they fall into the stupid/foolish/ignorant group. I hope this woman doesn't spread her "values" to the kids. In general - Life Happens - you either learn to cope or not. She obviously learned to bury her head in the sand. I thing the lack of oxygen must have affected her thinking.

                          Pardon me, must take my philosophy hat off......time to unpack some boxes!
                          See ya all later!
                          Ah, but you're very much a woman of the world and have wide-angled lenses A lot of people only see what exists inside their own little circles and don't bother looking any further.

                          Yes, maybe you should have starred a few more boxes, or put more detail of their contents Glad to hear the cats are settling in

                          Comment


                            Still playing with reflections.............


                            *waves to Nad*

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Still playing with reflections.............


                              *waves to Nad*
                              I'm not here.
                              I'm not.
                              I'm lurking

                              While artworking.

                              Love the red and black!
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

                              sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                I'm not here.
                                I'm not.
                                I'm lurking

                                While artworking.
                                Oh right, so you're making lurker-posts? Is that the opposite of Leo's invisible posts? You know, the ones she makes while she's not lurking?

                                Love the red and black!
                                Thank you

                                And do you know that your total posts on this thread is 6,666? Are you in a Devilish mood?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X