No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well - time for the further sagas of selling my house - or better known as the "Sell for Hell!"

First I had to make another house payment (which I was told I would not have to do many times) because by the time this closes it will be the 30 day escrow that lasted 45+ days. They just sold my loan to another company (right after I told them I was going to sell the house, of course) and this new loan company insisted I pay an amount that was about $150.00 more than my normal payment. So, just to get this done and over with I did pay that (hoping for a return of some of my funds later).

Then I called an asked them for a closer statement. Apparently I didn't have the loan long enough so they didn't trust my escrow agent and I had to call (India of course) last night to ask for it. This foolishness has been disturbing (majorily) my sleep recently so of course they called me first thing this morning (after only having about 4 hours sleep) to verify it was really me that requested the information and to please rush it. So this new call (also from India - can't miss that accent) verified it was me and promised they would rush the information to my escrow agent (who was on another line but didn't tell me that) - they would speed it up and fax it there in the next 24 to 48 hours. - that is there idea of rush I guess. So it might be another 2 days until they pay off the loan and of course that would make it what the weekend....no that means maybe not until next week, of course! (GRRRRRRR!)

Okay so while I had them on the phone I asked them why I had to make a payment that was about $150 more than my normal payment. They came back and said that might have been an error - so they sent it along to their supervisors "error desk" and I will hear from them in about 10 days or so. Of course, why not do it the hard way and steal some money from me for awhile. Why would I need it right - I am one of those "weathly" Americans - OMG - are all sells this difficult. I've been assured that this really isn't that bad! You mean there are worse ones. Bless those poor souls!

So now you have heard my woos for the day.....I am going to get my hair cut and then come home and go back to bed! I can't imagine why this whole thing is giving me a headache!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Ok WooHoos, everybody take a DEEP breath ..........

Commentaries Sanctuary S3

Spoiler:
      Kali III - Martin, Amanda, RD.
      Animus - Martin, RD.
      Breach - Martin, Amanda, Damian.
      Hollow Men - Martin, Amanda, RD.
      Metamorphosis - Andy Mikita, RD.
      Normandy - Martin, Amanda, Damian.
      Out of the Blue - Martin, Amanda, Damian.

I'm disappointed that Lee and JYo didn't do one for Awakening, but the Character Profile on Tesla more than makes up for it IMO

I suspect there are going to be some very unhappy fans out there

But I'm not complaining
      I am disappointed, not only in the number of commentaries but also that there are no commentaries for some of my favourite episodes. Still doesn't stop me from buying the DVDs and supporting the show but I do worry that others won't bother buying.

had a very hard time finding a store that had the DVDs yesterday. Almost had to sell a little piece of my soul to buy them at Walmart. Luckily HMV saved the day!

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Well - time for the further sagas of selling my house - or better known as the "Sell for Hell!"

First I had to make another house payment (which I was told I would not have to do many times) because by the time this closes it will be the 30 day escrow that lasted 45+ days. They just sold my loan to another company (right after I told them I was going to sell the house, of course) and this new loan company insisted I pay an amount that was about $150.00 more than my normal payment. So, just to get this done and over with I did pay that (hoping for a return of some of my funds later).

Then I called an asked them for a closer statement. Apparently I didn't have the loan long enough so they didn't trust my escrow agent and I had to call (India of course) last night to ask for it. This foolishness has been disturbing (majorily) my sleep recently so of course they called me first thing this morning (after only having about 4 hours sleep) to verify it was really me that requested the information and to please rush it. So this new call (also from India - can't miss that accent) verified it was me and promised they would rush the information to my escrow agent (who was on another line but didn't tell me that) - they would speed it up and fax it there in the next 24 to 48 hours. - that is there idea of rush I guess. So it might be another 2 days until they pay off the loan and of course that would make it what the weekend....no that means maybe not until next week, of course! (GRRRRRRR!)

Okay so while I had them on the phone I asked them why I had to make a payment that was about $150 more than my normal payment. They came back and said that might have been an error - so they sent it along to their supervisors "error desk" and I will hear from them in about 10 days or so. Of course, why not do it the hard way and steal some money from me for awhile. Why would I need it right - I am one of those "weathly" Americans - OMG - are all sells this difficult. I've been assured that this really isn't that bad! You mean there are worse ones. Bless those poor souls!

So now you have heard my woos for the day.....I am going to get my hair cut and then come home and go back to bed! I can't imagine why this whole thing is giving me a headache!
      Hugs to you for all your troubles. Hugs to our Canadian banking and real estate system where all this wood never happen. never seen a Canadain bank sell a loan in my 25 years of practice.
      Last edited by EH-T; 14 September 2011, 01:04 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I am disappointed, not only in the number of commentaries but also that there are no commentaries for some of my favourite episodes. Still doesn't stop me from buying the DVDs and supporting the show but I do worry that others won't bother buying.
        I know, 7 out of 20 doesn't seem like much, but I guess it's due to time restraints of having the extra eps to work on It might stop some people buying, but tbh until I came to GW I didn't even know that dvds HAD commentaries on, so maybe there'll be a lot of people that will buy them regardless *crosses fingers* I'm sure real fans of the show will buy them anyway

had a very hard time finding a store that had the DVDs yesterday. Almost had to sell a little piece of my sould to buy them at Walmart. Luckily HMV saved the day!
        I've had mine on pre-order from Amazon.com for several months so I'd be sure to get them - I don't even know if UK retailers stock them because I've never looked

*huggles Laurie*

Comment

*huggles Dee* I'll see what I can do about those special features

One more set from Josi's tut.........

Looooves you!!!!!!!!!! *giggles*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

had a very hard time finding a store that had the DVDs yesterday. Almost had to sell a little piece of my sould to buy them at Walmart. Luckily HMV saved the day!

Hugs to you for all your troubles. Hugs to our Canadian banking and real estate system where all this wood never happen. never seen a Canadain bank sell a loan in my 25 years of practice.
          I'd sell a whole chunk of my soul if I could buy the DVDs anywhere in Serbia.

*huggles Laurie for her woos*
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Amazon.co.uk have R2 for £27.49 with free postage in the UK. It woodn't cost me much to post them to you. Not released until 26th September, but available for pre-order now. Is that a better deal?

Odd though, it says here that there are only 4 discs, whereas I've got 6
            I don't know yet. I think I'll go and see if the store will sell them first.

And I have to say that mainland Europe is really not a good place to get Sanctuary DVD's. I've never had to go trough so much trouble to get anything.

Why? Why do I love this show? *shakes head*
            It's easier to get... Baywatch.

EDIT: *looks down*
            Hm, yeah. That's why.

*hugs Laurie*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hey Woohoos!

I know a bunch of you are Dr Who fans. And I do love me some Torchwood. How far back do I have to go to be able to watch the series and get it?
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                I don't know yet. I think I'll go and see if the store will sell them first.

And I have to say that mainland Europe is really not a good place to get Sanctuary DVD's. I've never had to go trough so much trouble to get anything.

Why? Why do I love this show? *shakes head*
                It's easier to get... Baywatch.
                You can get Baywatch??

Let me know if you want me to get them for you

That goes for you too Dee, can't have our WooHoos being deprived of their Sanctuary dvds

EDIT: *looks down*
                Hm, yeah. That's why.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Hey Woohoos!

I know a bunch of you are Dr Who fans. And I do love me some Torchwood. How far back do I have to go to be able to watch the series and get it?
                23rd November, 1963

Comment

You can get Baywatch??
                  Only the early seasons.

That goes for you too Dee, can't have our WooHoos being deprived of their Sanctuary dvds
                  Will do. Thanks
                  *hugs*

BTW, love the new sig/avi set
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

You can get Baywatch??

*huggles* Thanks for the offer! Me shall have some thoughts on that! *giggles*

23rd November, 1963
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Only the early seasons.
                      But those are the good ones - back when The Hoff didn't wobble when running in slow-mo towards the camera

Will do. Thanks
                      *hugs*

BTW, love the new sig/avi set
                      *hugs back*

Thanks I guess you could say the S3 SFs have kicked my mojo back into Martin mode....... with a vengeance

*huggles Martin because he is AWESOME!!!*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      *huggles* Thanks for the offer! Me shall have some thoughts on that! *giggles*

*huggles back*

Comment

23rd November, 1963
                        Jumble. But realistically? How far? I need some more good scifi in my life.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Jumble. But realistically? How far? I need some more good scifi in my life.
                          Tbh, I couldn't tell you. I've only just recently got back into it in the current season and didn't have any problem picking it up because I've seen several of the older seasons so had a basic knowledge of the show. If you're starting from scratch, you really need to ask Josi or Sarai for advice - or just jump in

Comment

But those are the good ones - back when The Hoff didn't wobble when running in slow-mo towards the camera
                            I honestly think that's the reason why they only sell them

*hugs back*

Thanks I guess you could say the S3 SFs have kicked my mojo back into Martin mode....... with a vengeance

*huggles Martin because he is AWESOME!!!*

*huggles back*
                            I can tell

The DVD's and an S4 spoiler vid have gently shoved my Mojo as well. Not Martin, but I've been iconing J-Yo and AT.

Unless, of course, someone can post a nice frontal Martin picture with focus on his head?

sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Just spoke to Stuart at Anderson's (booking a table for Sunday lunch with Cags ) he wanted me to pass on his thanks to everyone that put up a review for the restaurant - you know who you are

He also said that he's had several customers mention that they'd seen the vid advert on YT that I made a while back (which I still haven't shortened or polished ), and that they thought it was fun and unique
                              Yay, on both counts!

*iz trying not to be jealous of you going on Saturday*

I'm excited about the Sanctuary DVDs. Trying to decide whether to pick up the region 1 ones when I get to the States at the weekend, or order the region 2 ones from Amazon to be here when I get back. Would love to know if there's any difference in the special features, that might decide me.

Hey Woohoos!

You can probably jump in anywhere, but the show essentially reinvents itself with each new Doctor, so it's probably a good idea to start with a new Doctor. I'd say don't worry with the old series (the 1963-1989 era), as while there are some really good stories, it does look very dated now. It was always kinda infamous for wobbly sets and dodgy effects. So stick to the New!Who stuff if you want to get into it, which gives you three good starting points. Either go back to season 1 with Christopher Eccleston (when the reboot began), or start with season 2 and David Tennant (which also leads up to Torchwood spinning off at the end of S2), or season 5 for Matt Smith (the current one). Because the show does reinvent itself, the series has quite a different feel overall under each Doctor, so if you don't like it so much under one that doesn't mean you won't like it for another.

In terms of what you need to know to 'get' Doctor Who though, this quote from Neil Gaiman (who wrote the most amazing episode of the current season) pretty much sums it up:

No, look, there's a blue box. It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It can go anywhere in time and space and sometimes even where it's meant to go. And when it turns up, there's a bloke in it called The Doctor and there will be stuff wrong and he will do his best to sort it out and he will probably succeed 'cause he's awesome. Now sit down, shut up, and watch 'Blink'.
                              Blink, btw, is about the best New!Who ever and is in season 3. Even if you choose to start with Matt Smith, you should make sure you see Blink at some point. But don't watch it late at night otherwise you will not sleep...
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I honestly think that's the reason why they only sell them
                                He's probably put an embargo on sales of the later seasons because of that

I can tell
                                I needed it. He'll never know just how close he came to losing me to Tesla

The DVD's and an S4 spoiler vid have gently shoved my Mojo as well. Not Martin, but I've been iconing J-Yo and AT.

Unless, of course, someone can post a nice frontal Martin picture with focus on his head?
                                *does a double-take*

You know, for a split second there I wasn't sure what you were asking for I don't have any of those and if I did I woodn't be sharing them

Hm. Let me see what I can dig up.........

Any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X