The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post

MoB - glad you had a wonderful time at DragonCon. Sorry to hear the pictures/sigs costs so much. Seems like everything is soooo expensive these days. When I was a kid (back in the old days) actors would give you an autograph for the asking. I don't think there were cons back then. Or at least I was too young to care.
    I actually never had any intention of purchasing an autograph. It's really nice to have the signed stuff from AT5, but my feeling about autographs, generally, is that they tend to end up in a pileup some place, or a binder. Unless they are something really personal. I would have gone to the auto room they were in to say hi, but the people running it were being a little nazi-ish about letting people in who weren't paying for a ticket and that made me a little sad. I was able to pop over to the walk of fame across the hall and chat with Edward James Olmos & Colin Ferguson (both of whom are extremely lovely) without paying anything. Though you could also pay for an auto with them if you wanted. Such is life. I am sure I will someday (AT6?) get to have a little 'hi' with Amanda again.

As for giving Martin a hi from Chris... D*C is a huge people-watching-party-extravaganza and by Sunday evening (when we had our photo) I was starting to wane, so I had a red bull about an hour before the photo. The most caffeine I normally ingest is a cup of tea, because anything stronger makes me quite the chatterbox. I wonder just how fast I was talking to Chris. Because I was certainly feeling chatty! He did love our Steampunk costumes. When he walked through the waiting area, he kind of did a double take when he passed me and Andi and said"naiiiiice" as he walked by. We lol'd. And when it was our turn for the photo (we were near the end) he complimented our ensembles and was a sport and put on some steampunk goggles for the photo.

I do promise to share some of my photos with y'all. Those of you on FB will be able to see all 200+.

Andi, another friend, and I did a charity SG1 photo on a green screen to support the con's charity of the year which is The Inclusion Project- a really, really worthy cause. It was cute. We were in costume and put SG1 BDU jackets on and did a Charlie's Angels pose. I can't wait to see how it turned out.

Anyhow. Punchy. Tiredish. Starting my new job tomorrow.

xoxoxo
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
      could not resist...THE GREMLIN WOOHOO...
      okay this one was so funny I couldn't resist...

MoB - thanks for the update. Good luck on tomorrow!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
        Yes I still need a woohoo name

It could be quite apt to blame me for all/any things going wrong...

Seriously, I've killed two (nearly three) computers in less than five years (they just stopped working my current laptop the hardrive is failing), my tv is less than a year old and frequently turns itself off / doesn't record tv shows 50% of the time, and fuses blow in my electric equip. all the time

Perhaps I infact stuffed up GW yesterday *looks ashamed and apologises*
        Keep on like that and you could end up as The Electrified WooHoo!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Secretly a Luddite, I suspect.

The Luddite Woohoo

The Computer Killing Woohoo...
        Ah, but Luddite is your middle name - can't go giving it to another WooHoo

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Ugh. But... this is so much more fun!

There you have it! ''The WooHoo to Blame''
        We certainly need one

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
        could not resist...THE GREMLIN WOOHOO...
        Oh, I LIKE that one!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        *huggles*
        Uhhhh - yes *sheepish* Oopsie
        And there's been some family drama -- arguments, tantrums, people having attitude -- but I'm sooo trying to stay out of it!
        Best way

Awww Fluffy WooHoo *adds you to the list*
        Is it The Fluffy WooHoo or Fluffy's WooHoo? Need to know!

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
          Hmmm 'the magnetic woohoo' *ponders* that would also be a fun name to explain My sister was telling me actually about how we all produce magnetic fields and how some people are born with stronger ones and all the ways it can intefere and all the negative effects of it (e.g. medical equip not working if they had to go into hosp) Well ''The WooHoo to Blame'' sounds a little less violent than "The computer killing woohoo" *shrugs* I'll let you decide between yourselves I'll just be happy to have a woohoo name, makes me feel more part of your lovely little group
          We can't choose it for you - you need to decide for yourself........ because The Indecisive WooHoo is already taken

So.......

The Gremlin WooHoo
          The Magnetic WooHoo
          The Electrified WooHoo
          The WooHoo to Blame
          The Computer Killing WooHoo

.... which is it to be?

Comment

Uuuuhh! I always need someone to blame! *giggles*

Little moment from my day...

Collegue: Did you pull out those dates that we talked about yesterday? The super imprtant dates? (ok thats just me adding the implied)
            Me: *blank look* those were for today?
            The man changes colors a couple of times before I take pity on him and tell him I'm just messing with him.
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Ugh. But... this is so much more fun!

There you have it! ''The WooHoo to Blame''
              I like that one!

Originally posted by llp View Post

I swear you must put in 80+hour weeks. Much to much work.....you need to play more!
              Ya, I have trouble saying no to clients in need. However, I did play in between work.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Ah, but Luddite is your middle name - can't go giving it to another WooHoo
              That's what the "L" stands for!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                That's what the "L" stands for!
                I knew it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  I knew it!!!
                  You can't get past Jumble when she is on the search for knowledge!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello all! I have been lurking and just got caught up on the weekend posts (I was out of town for the holiday).

Welcome back MoB! I was jealous of your tweets all weekend. Glad you had a great time.

The Right/Left Brain tests were interesting. I had always thought I was fairly close to the middle and I got 8 Right and 10 Left on both tests, so pretty close to the middle.

And I realised I don't have a Woohoo name either. I was late to the party.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                      Hello all! I have been lurking and just got caught up on the weekend posts (I was out of town for the holiday).

Welcome back MoB! I was jealous of your tweets all weekend. Glad you had a great time.

The Right/Left Brain tests were interesting. I had always thought I was fairly close to the middle and I got 8 Right and 10 Left on both tests, so pretty close to the middle.

Doesn't it have to be the Nubbin Woohoo (or the Woohoo Nubbin)?

For those who don't know, antoa makes the most wonderful nubbins as shown in her pic with AT (AT is holding my nubbin BTW )

Comment

Oooo, or The Dancing Woohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          Hope you had a good time

Hey, this party will roll forever Let me know when you've chosen a name and I'll make you a banner Of course, that does mean that thereafter you will be honour bound to make all your 69 posts here, so make sure you're ready for that committment

The Nubbin WooHoo sounds good

The Dancing WooHoo? Care to explain that one?

Comment

Definitely the Nubbin Woohoo for Antoa and the Gremlin Woohoo for Amy!!!

*hugs for exhausted MoB*

Laurie, hope the packing is going ok - nothing much to report on that front for us. The rented house is up on the web, and we've already had 4 viewings already. We need to be out on the 6th October, so fingers crossed the solicitors sort everything out by then Slightly nervous

Comment

*wanders in*
                              *huggles all*
                              *curls up and goes to sleep on the sofa*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey WooHoos! Today I had a job interview in Switzerland, I think that it went good though it's a very different job respect what I do now. Only paper work and no more work in the lab (though my liver would probably appreciate that ). I should work 42 h instead of 40. Luckily the guy was Italian and not Swiss (there's a huge anti-italians campaign lately in Switzerland). I got a point cuz I speak both French and English...so...I dunno...they let me know something very soon. We will see.
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X