Thanks

None!
    (I know, grammar. Not correct. )

'T was the platypus, wasn't it?
    It did kinda give you away

*sighs*
    Awesome.
    Thanks

ITV1 is showing 9/11: The Day that changed the world. Lots of footage of that awful day I clearly remember when it first came on the tv here - utter shock and disbelief. It's still hard to believe, even now. And harder to believe it was 10 years ago *shakes head*

Comment

It's still every bit as horrifying, isn't it? And yes, hard to believe it's 10 years, but then again, when I think back, it also seems like forever ago.

The main memory for me, aside from the sheer shock and horror, is that it was the oddest birthday I ever had Not how most people spend their 21st...
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*runz in*

Dude! Did you know BAW (Brad's Awesome Wife) has a blog?! True! It's here! And let me just say...I'm super jealous. You'll understand when you read the post.

And...*happy dance* Yes, super happy Joe is taking us all back home to Vancouver! I didn't like Toronto...too cold in the van.

*runz out*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          It's still every bit as horrifying, isn't it? And yes, hard to believe it's 10 years, but then again, when I think back, it also seems like forever ago.

The main memory for me, aside from the sheer shock and horror, is that it was the oddest birthday I ever had Not how most people spend their 21st...
          It's actually much worse to see all this footage showing what was happening behind the scenes that I for one wasn't aware of before I mean, you knew it was happening, but to actually see it and hear the people involved talking about it...... gives me the shivers.

Gosh weren't you young then?

*runz*

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          *runz in*

Dude! Did you know BAW (Brad's Awesome Wife) has a blog?! True! It's here! And let me just say...I'm super jealous. You'll understand when you read the post.
          You wanted a piece of a spaceship in your living room?

And...*happy dance* Yes, super happy Joe is taking us all back home to Vancouver! I didn't like Toronto...too cold in the van.

*runz out*
          I don't think any of us liked Toronto, not from the point of view of Joe being there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            It's actually much worse to see all this footage showing what was happening behind the scenes that I for one wasn't aware of before I mean, you knew it was happening, but to actually see it and hear the people involved talking about it...... gives me the shivers.

Gosh weren't you young then?

LJ, awesome blog from Brad's Awesome Wife indeed!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hugs to Suzy and Jumble.

Sorry things didn't work out for Joe. I haven't followed his blog in a long time. Wasn't he working with a lot of the same guys from Stargate (Coop, Paul, Carl)?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

But...... you're not supposed to laugh - you're supposed to tell me I don't look or act my age and all sorts of other lies platitudes to make me feel better
                Jumble, you don't look or act your age!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                Hey! Can I be worried for a girl that I've never met in RL?
                She lives in Brasil and she's a great vidder. I "know" her just through YT, email and forums. Some days ago my friend Camilla got this messages on her tumblr account: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/unled1jcx.jpg/
                We still don't know if it is true or just a bad (really bad) joke. We asked around (XF fandom is very close) but so far nobody knows anything. I don't know how to verify this thing! It's true that Lorena hasn't written anything online since last June...but still...
                Of course, you can be worried! You still know her, not in the way her family knows her, but you do in your own way. *hugs*

That's something hard about online friends. You can hang in the dark for long before you know what happened, if you know it at all. (That's why I gave passwords and contact info to a close friend. If something ever happens to me, I told her who should receive an email.)

*bookmarks BAW's blog* Thanks LJ!
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

(((((Suzy)))))) I hope she gets some TLC and the antibiotics get to work real quick. *huggles Jumble*

Nad -- Yep, two smileys. It was a positive appointment. (Sorry for the lacking quotes here... for some reason I can't get them to work right now and I'm not on my phone...) Thanks to Jumble because I wouldn't have gone without her nudging me!

9/11 is still a date that makes me pause and feel sad.

Sil, of course it's right to worry about an online friend, definitely. The worst part about online friends is you never know if something awful has happened *huggles*
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Seems to have missed a few things. Jumble, I send good vibes your way for Suzy.

And re-9/11 - My mom was in the US when it happened and couldn't come home. I wasn't a kid (yes, I was still a kid at the time ) who would watch the news, so I didn't know what had happened and no one ever spoke of it in front of me. They didn't want me to be scared that mommy wouldn't come back home. They only told me she had to stay a little longer than planned. I learned what had happened maybe 2 (3?) years later when my teacher was talking about it in school. Everyone was so shocked when I said that I didn't know what had happened. Hm.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      *runz in*

*runz out*
                      Coooool.

As for 9/11, I remember sitting in front of the TV all day, just like everyone else. It was horrible. The other thing I remember, is that we had an English test shortly after. No one had studied for it, but the teacher made us take it anyway. I had a 10 (or an A, or a 100, whatever system you use) for it. Funny what kind of stupid things you recall.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        Jumble, you don't look or act your age!
                        Thanks

Of course, you can be worried! You still know her, not in the way her family knows her, but you do in your own way. *hugs*

That's something hard about online friends. You can hang in the dark for long before you know what happened, if you know it at all. (That's why I gave passwords and contact info to a close friend. If something ever happens to me, I told her who should receive an email.)

*bookmarks BAW's blog* Thanks LJ!
                        I've done that too, and Suz knows from past experience that she needs to log in here if anything happens to me

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        (((((Suzy)))))) I hope she gets some TLC and the antibiotics get to work real quick. *huggles Jumble*
                        She seems to be feeling a bit brighter already - those antibiotics do work fast

Nad -- Yep, two smileys. It was a positive appointment. (Sorry for the lacking quotes here... for some reason I can't get them to work right now and I'm not on my phone...) Thanks to Jumble because I wouldn't have gone without her nudging me!
                        Ah, see? I have my uses And I often manage to talk sense when wearing my 'Mom' hat

9/11 is still a date that makes me pause and feel sad.
                        I doubt there's anyone in the civilized world that doesn't think of those planes when they hear or see '9/11'

Comment

Artwork! I can still booble!
                          *happy dances*

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          Well, WooHood for double smileys!
                          *blinks*

Jumble have you heard anything about your remote yet?
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            Seems to have missed a few things. Jumble, I send good vibes your way for Suzy.
                            Thanks

And re-9/11 - My mom was in the US when it happened and couldn't come home. I wasn't a kid (yes, I was still a kid at the time ) who would watch the news, so I didn't know what had happened and no one ever spoke of it in front of me. They didn't want me to be scared that mommy wouldn't come back home. They only told me she had to stay a little longer than planned. I learned what had happened maybe 2 (3?) years later when my teacher was talking about it in school. Everyone was so shocked when I said that I didn't know what had happened. Hm.
                            I think they did right not to tell you, no point in scaring you unnecessarily

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            Coooool.

As for 9/11, I remember sitting in front of the TV all day, just like everyone else. It was horrible. The other thing I remember, is that we had an English test shortly after. No one had studied for it, but the teacher made us take it anyway. I had a 10 (or an A, or a 100, whatever system you use) for it. Funny what kind of stupid things you recall.
                            It's like 'Where were you when you heard JFK had been assassinated?' Most people that were old enough to be aware of it can tell you exactly where they were. I have a very clear picture in my mind of where I was when the news broke, despite being very young at the time. Same with the first Moonwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Artwork! I can still booble!
                              *happy dances*
                              Huh? Did you think you'd lost your ABC?

(Awesome Boobling Capabilities)

Well, WooHood for double smileys!
                              *blinks*

Jumble have you heard anything about your remote yet?
                              No, she hasn't answered my email Maybe I'll send her another one..........

Comment

It's like 'Where were you when you heard JFK had been assassinated?' Most people that were old enough to be aware of it can tell you exactly where they were. I have a very clear picture in my mind of where I was when the news broke, despite being very young at the time. Same with the first Moonwalk.
                                Right. I haven't lived trough that many Big News Items yet, but I do think that the amount of impact decides how much one wood recall. Bin Laden's death didn't happen too long ago, but I have no recollection of where and how I heard about it. I do remember Diana's tunnel accident announcement. It was of no personal interest to me, but I was little and thought princesses didn't die

Huh? Did you think you'd lost your ABC?

(Awesome Boobling Capabilities)
                                ...Did you *see* the Button Moon sig?

(And ABC? Heh )

No, she hasn't answered my email Maybe I'll send her another one..........
                                Hm... Maybe their WiFi's down?
                                Yes, try again.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X