The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Oh dear goodness me, Jumble and Nad, what are you like??

Although it won't be the first time a Woohoomeet has seen drunkenness into the early hours
    We're having fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn!!!!

So sorry Wendy is feeling so sick though Hope you brighten up soon, but how sucky to feel ill on holiday Or, not-self-inflicted-ill anyway
    I think we've managed to perk her up a bit - had a very lazy day just sitting around chatting and laughing, then we watched 1969, Upgrades, and D&C. Just taking a meal break before continuing on to Watergate

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    @ Jumble and Nad

*iz not at all jealous*

Stay safe MoB
    Yes you are

We've introduced Nad to some interesting English traditions..... can you believe she's never had beans on toast before?

Must go and dish up the spag-bol

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      We're having fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn!!!!

I think we've managed to perk her up a bit - had a very lazy day just sitting around chatting and laughing, then we watched 1969, Upgrades, and D&C. Just taking a meal break before continuing on to Watergate

We've introduced Nad to some interesting English traditions..... can you believe she's never had beans on toast before?

Must go and dish up the spag-bol
      1969 - one of my favorite episodes.

Beans on toast - are you serious! What type of beans and nothing else???? Don't think you introduced that to me either. I would have tried it, but you didn't offer it!

And I assume that the "spag-bol" is spaghetti? Love that stuff, don't eat it much, but enjoy it! Well, off to buy some more 'inners' for my boxes (for glasses, etc.) Have a fun evening and do resupply your wine. I don't think any of you are ready to go cold turkey!
      sigpic

Comment

This kind of beans on toast:

sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

...I still prefer my Italian food!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Love all these cultural differences

Just sorting out some pictures from the Peaks, will post shortly

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              1969 - one of my favorite episodes.

Beans on toast - are you serious! What type of beans and nothing else? Don't think you introduced that to me either. I would have tried it, but you didn't offer it!
              Like Josi posted ^^^ but we did put fried eggs on top

And I assume that the "spag-bol" is spaghetti? Love that stuff, don't eat it much, but enjoy it! Well, off to buy some more 'inners' for my boxes (for glasses, etc.) Have a fun evening and do resupply your wine. I don't think any of you are ready to go cold turkey!
              Spaghetti Bolognaise Which was apparently quite nice because it's all gone

No wine for me tonight - loooong drive tomorrow

Love all these cultural differences

Just sorting out some pictures from the Peaks, will post shortly
              Nad's response was "Uh-oh! "

Comment

Some pictures from the Peaks...

Spoiler:

One of the bedrooms in our gorgeous cottage

Josi and Wendy settling in very quickly

The awesome kitchen

Mine and Nad's bathroom - it was HUGE

Josi, Wendy, Nad and Jumble

Josi, Wendy, Nad and Me - trying to explain how to work the camera to Jumble

The pub where we had our gorgeous post-walk Sunday lunch

Woohoos a-marching

Woohoos investigating

The Cottage

Woohoos at Chatsworth enjoying a quick cuppa!

Attempting to take pictures of Chatsworth minus the disappointing scaffolding up all around the front of the house

AMAZING marble statue - the veil is all made out of marble as well, just astonishing!

The sunset I was treated to on my drive home - just had to stop and take a picture

Comment

Nice pics! And you've reminded me I haven't uploaded any of mine either... so here you go, a few additional photos from the Woohoomeet:

Spoiler:

Pretty view on our walk

Sarai, Nad and Wendy on the viaduct

Sarai doing what she does best

More pretty views

And pretty views at Chatsworth

Along with a very big fountain...

And pretty pretty inside as well

Finally, the final place I went before I went home - Bakewell
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                    Ahem. *I* was asleep. Only because I'm really Really ill, but still, I'm not the one who was up drinking all night.

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

We decided that it really shouldn't be a given, that we shouldn't just take it for granted...... so yes, we spent two hours trying to find something, anything, that wood show him as not totally Awesome but at least slightly flawed in some small way, because he is, after all, human... and a man.......... so ....

Anywoo, we couldn't find anything negative at all. So it's officially official - Martin is AWESOME!!!!

So sorry, we did finally keel over and have in fact only just woken up - it's after 10am

LOVE those avis
                    That's okay I probably dropped off around 10am so I didn't get up till around 4pm oops....
                    And thanks

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                    Looks like we are getting smacked by hurricane Irene this weekend. A hurricane and an earthquake all in one week? Yup. Definitely time to get out of this town...
                    Stay safe dear *hugs*

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    I saw these ones on twitter:

- The #Earthquake would have gone farther, but FOX Broadcasting bought it and cancelled it before it went any farther.

- @yoda: Quake of the Earth I did feel. Moving of Jabba The Hut it was not. Hrr Hrr Hrr.

- @MichaelAusiello Breaking: U.S. Geological Survey denies that earthquake was caused by announcement of Castle's new love interest. Developing...

what did she make of it? I'm more of a spaghetti-on-toast girl myself. Never did take to beans

Some pictures from the Peaks...
                    Nice pics! And you've reminded me I haven't uploaded any of mine either... so here you go, a few additional photos from the Woohoomeet:
                    The cottage looks lovely, and looks like you did some nice exploring whilst you were there! Thanks for uploading pics for us all to nosy at
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

The picture of beans and bread....not exactly right...where is the hotdog?!!
                      Now with a fried egg on top, I guess that would be okay. But without it, kind of heavy on starch???

Love the pictures of the place you rented, really big and lovely. Plus all the "touristing" you did. I'm happy to say it looks like you all had a great time. Maybe, if you do it again I might be able to join in (as long as I'm not in the middle of packing everything I own!

Have a good nights sleep and a peaceful drive home! Hey, we forgot to skype...oh well, maybe next time! I forgot all about it and everything else so not a big deal!
                      sigpic

Comment

just caught up on three pages - lovely pics! seems I can't green anyone right now, so virtual green on icons and pics
                        sigpic

Comment

o.o
                          Never ate that.
                          But then, I don't like beans, so I might never.

Sarai & Josi - Lovely pictures from the Peaks! The cottage looks great and you all look like you're having a wonderful time.
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

So, even if my audition was a flop, my scenes shoot went GREAT! I can't wait to see the final results. It was definitely a learning experience. And fun. I also have SO much more respect (not that I didn't already have LOADS) for Amanda and Agam running around in all that leather! It was hot and humid and I was running around being a little bit psycho in leather, lol. HOT. But so much fun.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

oooh, beautiful happy snaps, ladies! looks glorious!

Glad your shoot went well, MoB! Sounds like FUN!

Mara and I were about 20 metres away from each other today, at a train station, but didn't know. We could have met!!! Devastating!
                              sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous photos y'all! I seemed to have missed them last night!
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X