• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    It's a law.

The problem I have with most Will eps, no matter how awesome they look is
    (spoiler to hide the flames )
    Spoiler:
    ... that I don't feel that the carachter can carry an episode 'alone'. He's just not interesting enough, IMHO. If he has a B story, then fine, I can fast forward to the good parts (on second viewing), but to have to watch an entire ep of Will on his date gone bad? Icky.
    Ah but that was One Night...

Spoiler:
    ... which I agree was very poor. Full of plot-holes and totally unconvincing on Will's part or his girlfriend

Still, you can't win them all

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Oh...

So no blonde...I'll keep that in mind.

As for the intelligent; that's why I want to take over the world. Intelligent people always want to dominate it!

You just want a one-man show I think...
    Er..... I think it was you that was suggesting that idea

I think Peter DeLuise did it in the past...and if Martin reads this now I'm sure he will see this as a challenge. To write, produce, direct and guest star in one episode!
    He has enough challenges to deal with as it is, let's not overload the poor man He's credited with writing TSV as well as directing, but he hotly denies it

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      That might be it! I definitely agree with you
      WooHoo discussion. We agree. *nods*

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      I find Will to be very 'flat' as a character and fairly one-dimensional. I'm hoping next season we might see a few more sides to his character and back story what with...

Spoiler:
      the mention of his Dad in Metamorphosis

but then I thought we might get that this season so not holding out too much hope. I'd rather have 5 minutes of pure Tesla genius than another Will-centric episode atm! That's no reflection on how I feel about Robin Dunne btw, just about the Will character . Regarding Metamorphosis...

Spoiler:
      it was a bit 'meh' for me. Generally I liked it, but it was nowhere near as good as Pax Romana or Hangover, and then again waaaaay better than One Night
      On the first spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      I actually am not very interested in Will's dad It might just be because I think Will isn't interesting, but all I could think was: ''Will's daddy = Will Story = Will storyline = Lot's of Will centrism. I can't help it. The guy bores me.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Don't tell my mom that mother's day is on Sunday... her package was sent too late and will thus be too late
        But I'm sure she'll love the fact that I made a scrapbook for her from the vacations we went on the last few years

So has everyone seen the last few eps that we're talking about them in spoiler tags...
        Spoiler:

Because I really disliked the last two episodes...in the last one I actually stood up and started to clean the apt. instead.

I've decided I'm not a Will fan. Sad fact since I used to like him in the beginning of the series...these days he's boring.

Then again with the last two episodes I just got on some moments this really weird vibe that the series felt really immature. *shrugs*. The humor sometimes came across as childish and unSanctuary like.

For example when Magnus left in the Hangover, I found the waving a bit strange...and the end when she was back and wasn't honest...I didn't saw Magnus as the person to lie and cover things up like that. It was weird.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          I find Will to be very 'flat' as a character and fairly one-dimensional. I'm hoping next season we might see a few more sides to his character and back story what with...

Spoiler:
          the mention of his Dad in Metamorphosis

but then I thought we might get that this season so not holding out too much hope. I'd rather have 5 minutes of pure Tesla genius than another Will-centric episode atm! That's no reflection on how I feel about Robin Dunne btw, just about the Will character . Regarding Metamorphosis...

Spoiler:
          it was a bit 'meh' for me. Generally I liked it, but it was nowhere near as good as Pax Romana or Hangover, and then again waaaaay better than One Night
          I think I was expecting him to evolve since that first appearance where he's so confused and everything and it did happen only too quickly, imo. And yeah, no background story. Hmm, me agrees with you as well *nods*

And totally looking forward to seeing Tesla!!!
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Don't tell my mom that mother's day is on Sunday... her package was sent too late and will thus be too late
            But I'm sure she'll love the fact that I made a scrapbook for her from the vacations we went on the last few years
            Oh she'll love it even if it is a bit late

So has everyone seen the last few eps that we're talking about them in spoiler tags...
            I think most of us have seen them - I finally gave in and downloaded them because I was fed up that everyone else seemed to have seen them but felt they couldn't talk about them So I hope nobody minds that we're talking now and that the spoiler tags don't upset anyone

Spoiler:

Because I really disliked the last two episodes...in the last one I actually stood up and started to clean the apt. instead.

I've decided I'm not a Will fan. Sad fact since I used to like him in the beginning of the series...these days he's boring.

Then again with the last two episodes I just got on some moments this really weird vibe that the series felt really immature. *shrugs*. The humor sometimes came across as childish and unSanctuary like.

For example when Magnus left in the Hangover, I found the waving a bit strange...and the end when she was back and wasn't honest...I didn't saw Magnus as the person to lie and cover things up like that. It was weird.
            Spoiler:
            I think when it comes to safeguarding the Sanctuary, Helen will lie if the need arises. What else could she do? Besides, it all came out in the end so no harm done

Comment

I think we should start a campaign. "More Tesla on the show and less Will"

*goes back to finish her stuff*
              sigpic

Comment

Did I tell you guys that I have a very short attention span?

This is what you get when you goggle Martin's toe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Oh she'll love it even if it is a bit late
                  She better...

I think most of us have seen them - I finally gave in and downloaded them because I was fed up that everyone else seemed to have seen them but felt they couldn't talk about them So I hope nobody minds that we're talking now and that the spoiler tags don't upset anyone
                  Yey.

Spoiler:
                  I think when it comes to safeguarding the Sanctuary, Helen will lie if the need arises. What else could she do? Besides, it all came out in the end so no harm done
                  Spoiler:
                  I know, but the way it was done didn't feel right.

*shrugs*

Perhaps it was just me, because I liked the middle of the episode, just not the beginning and part of the ending.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see that campaign...
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm sure we'd all like more Tesla, but unfortunately JY is busy with his own theatre company. I guess we should just be grateful for the eps he can do and see them as a bonus

Much as I hate to admit it, I think Will is a necessary character. I just wish I could care about him

Comment

*blinks*

You are truly unique...and strange.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dear Jann's Moeder,
                          Mother's day has moved in the Netherlands. We now celebrate it... whenever Jann's gift arrives.
                          Sincerely,
                          Nad.

And what a sweet present! My mom will get a tootbrush.
                          (It's an inside joke, but hey)

Spoiler:

Sanctuary 3.5:
                          Spoiler:
                          Ooh. I have to admit that I'm not quite getting the same vibe as before. Not because the quality isn't good, but there are some things that don't 'sit well' with me either. It might just be the way the eps are ... grouped? With the ill eps in a row... I usually love the stand alones, but the ones we had just didn't really do it for me. Even Hangover, which was kind of fun and happy didn't give me that vibe.I still love the show, but it feels like I'm waiting for something... more.

More Tesla...
                          *thinks*
                          *insert blinking cursor*
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, none of those are his

And can I just say - it's GOOGLE!

The idea of goggling Martin's toes is....... hm.......

Yes, you're weird!

Comment

Just...
                              WHY?!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Oh I'm sure we'd all like more Tesla, but unfortunately JY is busy with his own theatre company. I guess we should just be grateful for the eps he can do and see them as a bonus
                                Tsk tsk...doing all that instead of Sanctuary. I'm going to send a protest letter now.

Nothing goes before Sanctuary...Tesla can't just disappear, thus JY neither.

Much as I hate to admit it, I think Will is a necessary character. I just wish I could care about him
                                I know...it's just...he's so....

One dimensional.

next is in spoilertags although I think they aren't nessesary.
                                Spoiler:
                                I found him really interesting in S1, when I even thought he could be a grandchild or something of Watson since they seemed to have the same ability, but the further they went in the series, the less his "ability" was/is important or comes to mind...usually Will is just the sidekick and if there is a storyline with him it includes a girl...
                                I would love to see that detail ability back and see if he's indeed related to Watson or not, and perhaps get to know a little bit more about is backgruond.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X