The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Apparently not...they did check me thoroughly with the VISA It was/is insane the amount of paperwork I have and had to fill out
    That's probably because they had you red-flagged

*huggles Cags*

*waves and hugs Bekki*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      That's probably because they had you red-flagged
      Yeah...sure...
      I had to show that I had enough money for the trip(got a letter from the bank), my diplomas/grades, health information, school information, info about my family(jobs/health etc.), info from 2 friends to verify everything just in case and lots more...like I said it was insane!

*huggles Cags*

*waves and hugs Bekki*
      Ditto from me!

Btw MoB how can you have internet in a plane? I want that too!

And we're on a tornado/thunderstorm watch/warning again...
      sigpic

Comment

Laurie- I don't think you need to worry about Sanctuary. It will be fine.

As for your brother and what his body did, all too frequently there is simply no good explanation. Underlying subclinical disease processes or who knows? *big hugs to you*

Jann I don't know how they do it, but it's cool! Love it. It also kept me distracted on a crazy bumpy flight. *shudder* it was truly frightening at times!

I rolled into my apt at 2am. Still kind of on PST. And I have my preceptor hat on today. I will not complain, I will not complain, I will not complain!

*hugs woohoos tight*
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*gets unceremoniously shoved into the thread by MoB*

So, hi.

*waves sheepishly*

I've decided to look for a new friendly haunt here in GW and MoB suggested I hang out here. I know some of you from AT5 and TSE. So, hello.

I will try and keep up, but with my new job, my internet play time is much more limited (but I do sneak some in early in the morning before everyone else gets in the office).

P.S. *huge hugs to Laurie*

Comment

Dreading this day. Right now I am taking a break from setting up the house for guests later after the funeral. I am so not looking forward to all these strangers coming up to me like a long lost friend, hugging me like we had an intimate relationship and then saying how sorry they are and telling me don't worry, this too will pass.

I know that people don't mean anything wrong with this, but I hate it. I don't know these people, I will never see them again and no, it will never pass, only go to a farther away place in my mind so I can survive. If you haven't lost someone who is important to you then you won't totally understand. If you have lost someone, then you do know what I mean. You never forget the people you love, you only push them out of your forefront (and that takes a while) just so you can go on, you can survive. You go through anger and hatred sometimes, frustration, sadness, and so many other emotions I can't name them all. You feel sorry for them and oh yes, for yourself for being left behind. In all, you never get "past" a person you truly cared for. Sometime, years later you even still cry a little. What you do do is learn to keep living, compensate for them no longer being there, and survive. Human nature. Just please, if we have never met, I won't ever see you again, and could care less who the hell you are, just don't hug me like a long lost sister. I hate that!

Sorry - just had to let off some steam. Now must continue getting dressed.

Now that I got that off my mind, I got to get back to help my sister-in-law and get showered and dressed.
            Last edited by llp; 27 April 2011, 08:13 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

So, hi.

*waves sheepishly*

I've decided to look for a new friendly haunt here in GW and MoB suggested I hang out here. I know some of you from AT5 and TSE. So, hello.

I will try and keep up, but with my new job, my internet play time is much more limited (but I do sneak some in early in the morning before everyone else gets in the office).

Ah, so it's you! Welcome to the insanest friendliest and happiest thread on GW!!! *squishy huggles *

Don't worry about trying to keep up, we do tend to chat a lot Just drop in and say Hi whenever you feel like it
              Last edited by Jumble; 27 April 2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Dreading this day. Right now I am taking a break from setting up the house for guests later after the funeral. I am so not looking forward to all these strangers coming up to me like a long lost friend, hugging me like we had an intimate relationship and then saying how sorry they are and telling me don't worry, this too will pass.

I know that people don't mean anything wrong with this, but I hate it. I don't know these people, I will never see them again and no, it will never pass, only go to a farther away place in my mind so I can survive. If you haven't lost someone who is important to you then you won't totally understand. If you have lost someone, then you do know what I mean. You never forget the people you love, you only push them out of your forefront (and that takes a while) just so you can go on, you can survive. You go through anger and hatred sometimes, frustration, sadness, and so many other emotions I can't name them all. You feel sorry for them and oh yes, for yourself for being left behind. In all, you never get "past" a person you truly cared for. Sometime, years later you even still cry a little. What you do do is learn to keep living, compensate for them no longer being there, and survive. Human nature. Just please, if we have never met, I won't ever see you again, and could care less who the hell you are, just don't hug me like a long lost sister. I hate that!

Now that I got that off my mind, I got to get back to help my sister-in-law and get showered and dressed.
                Ah Laurie, I know exactly what you mean I was lucky really in that Michael's funeral was very small and there was nobody there to do that to me. Trouble is, people really don't know the right thing to say or do, because there is no right thing to say or do, so they do what they hope is right. You just have to get through it any way you can.

And although I've been through it, I still don't know the right thing to say that will in any way help you feel better, because you can't feel better - not yet. And you woodn't want to.

All I can do is send you love and huggles (because you do know me and I'm allowed ), and hope that today passes as best it can and then leave you free to mourn in your own way, in your own time.

*huggles*

Comment

So, hi.

*waves sheepishly*

*waves* Welcome to the insanity! (hey, if Jumble won't admit it I will!)

And I think I remember you from the AT thread a long time ago!

*huggles Laurie*
                  sigpic

Comment

Insanity? Moi?

(right pic courtesy of Martin Wood - blame him )

I don't know where you get that idea
                    Last edited by Jumble; 27 April 2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

First things first, *squishy huggles Laurie* We're all with you and thinking of you, both today and for as long as you need us

Secondly, welcome Antoa!!! Always awesome to have a new recruit to the Woohoo family . Hope you'll stick around and join in the fun

Thirdly, wow, MoB, internet on the plane! I think this makes you the first Woohoo ever to drop in on us from the sky, literally!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Lurvely sig Jumbly
                        sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Waiting for the afternoon deluge. Fortunately, my colleague took pity on me this morning and shepherded the student her way. I foresee hitting a wall in 3-2...

YAY ANTOA IS HERE! *dances*

*ginormously squishes Laurie* No words. Just here.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          Thirdly, wow, MoB, internet on the plane! I think this makes you the first Woohoo ever to drop in on us from the sky, literally!
                          Ooh. I am first? Cool. I love internet on a long flight. And it was simply to bumpy for me to read or sleep otherwise, so it was very helpful.

*pops out*
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                            Ooh. I am first? Cool. I love internet on a long flight. And it was simply to bumpy for me to read or sleep otherwise, so it was very helpful.

*pops out*
                            Yeah...I never have internet on my flights...but then again I usually fly over the ocean I don't think planes get a reception there!

Good luck with work! Don't fall asleep!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Yeah...I never have internet on my flights...but then again I usually fly over the ocean I don't think planes get a reception there!

Good luck with work! Don't fall asleep!
                              I'm trying! Good thing I'm not at the hospital today.

I am also pretty sure that being the first woohoo to do something is a dubious honor at best.
                              sigpic

Comment

So, hi.

*waves sheepishly*

Welcome to the thread!
                                I hope you'll enjoy the time you do have here.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Insanity? Moi?

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...-F4-sig-97.jpg
                                (right pic courtesy of Martin Wood - blame him )
                                Heh!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                I am also pretty sure that being the first woohoo to do something is a dubious honor at best.
                                That's true...
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X