Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    I know what you mean

I hope so too. I don't mind people being disappointed, that's to be expected and in fact is testament to how much the franchise has been (and is still) loved. But all the blame being directed at TPTB seems very unfair to me, and as you say, ungrateful. Whether you agree with all the decisions they've made at various times (even within the constraints of the network/studio demands), you surely can't deny that they've always done what they've done with the best creative intentions and have always wanted to make Stargate the best it can be.
    Well said

Yep, ever the traditionalist when it comes to traditions that are yummy Although having said that I've still failed to actually get dressed and get to said shop Must. Go. Now.
    Hang on........ *checks diary* ..... it's Friday, why aren't you at work?

Edit: D'oh! Bank Holiday

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Hang on........ *checks diary* ..... it's Friday, why aren't you at work?

Edit: D'oh! Bank Holiday
      Yep! Although it doesn't necessarily follow - I'll be at work next Friday and the following Monday, despite the bank holidays *shakes fist at the university*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Yep! Although it doesn't necessarily follow - I'll be at work next Friday and the following Monday, despite the bank holidays *shakes fist at the university*

I've been off all week, so didn't clock that it was Good Friday

*huggles for missing out on the others* Do you get days off in lieu?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Woohoo! I'm glad you like it!
          I'm weighing the decision to buy a Mac myself when my current lappy dies. (Which could be sooner rather than later. It's in its sixth year. o.o But we'll see. My father is really a Mac person and knows all of it by heart, so he could probably help me with the change.
          Hope you get one...my "old" laptop was only 3 years old, but I used it every single day in those three years. Poor thing needs a break!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          Oh...I don't really know my boy news yet. I picked a poor time to travel across the country to visit my parents. But when I know what's going on, I shall let you know It's my Stargate/sanctuary/Dr Who friend...so...you will all approve
          Ohhh...keep us updated!

The Sanctuary team are happy about the change, so I'm not worried
          Okay...this is perhaps going to sound weird, but of course they are. They are promoting their show, they're of course not going to say something bad about the TV channel that broadcasts their program. That wouldn't be smart.

Anyway...we'll see how it goes...I just don't like Syfy's actions of the last year or so(changing SGU and Caprica first to Tuesday, now Sanctuary...I liked having those shows on Friday!)

Glad to hear you're happy with your new toy
          Yes I am...can't wait till the weekend is here and I can play with it some more

And it's good Friday...if I were in the Netherlands there would have been a big chance that I wouldn't have school/work today!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            Hope you get one...my "old" laptop was only 3 years old, but I used it every single day in those three years. Poor thing needs a break!

Ohhh...keep us updated!

Okay...this is perhaps going to sound weird, but of course they are. They are promoting their show, they're of course not going to say something bad about the TV channel that broadcasts their program. That wouldn't be smart.
            You could well be right, but I prefer to think positively about it rather than worry

Anyway...we'll see how it goes...I just don't like Syfy's actions of the last year or so(changing SGU and Caprica first to Tuesday, now Sanctuary...I liked having those shows on Friday!)
            They can't please everyone

Comment

You could well be right, but I prefer to think positively about it rather than worry
              I know and I'll try not to do that...but I just had to vent about it a little bit yesterday.

They can't please everyone
              True, but it is interesting that the "top Friday shows" all moved to different days/times. I think they had a concept that worked for years and changed it all of a sudden...I've heard more people complain about it that aren't on any forum They were mostly confused because they missed the update and thought the show wasn't on anymore...

Still they probably have their reasons for it *shrugs* I just wish I would know why...
              sigpic

Comment

Hope you're all having a Good Friday

Right, I must away. I must go to the shop for hot cross buns
                I bought hot cross buns earlier, they were freshly made so they were warm and soft... but they got squashed and now they're flat like pancakes....

I'm not a traditionalist though, I didn't realise what day it was when I bought them. I just happened to be food shopping in Sainsbury's at the time!

Bekki, he sounds like someone I would approve of. LOL. Good luck

Jann, I'm glad to hear the Mac is going well. The only thing that's ever stopped me from switching to Mac is the price because usually my laptop has decided to kick the bucket when I just haven't quite saved enough for one!

E-HT *group hug!* Well said

Laurie *huggles*

Jumble, I haven't gone for the chocolate (Easter Egg) either... though I was naughty and had one of those MaltEaster Bunnies
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  I bought hot cross buns earlier, they were freshly made so they were warm and soft... but they got squashed and now they're flat like pancakes....
                  *hugs* Still they will probably still taste good!

Jann, I'm glad to hear the Mac is going well. The only thing that's ever stopped me from switching to Mac is the price because usually my laptop has decided to kick the bucket when I just haven't quite saved enough for one!
                  Normally that would have been my issue too, but with the internship, a little bit of Dad's help and being in the US I was able to afford it. I saved around $800 by buying it in here...so that is around 500 Euros and perhaps 400(or less) pounds. That is a pretty good deal IMHO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    *hugs* Still they will probably still taste good!
                    I shall let you know. Hehe. I'm sure they will

Normally that would have been my issue too, but with the internship, a little bit of Dad's help and being in the US I was able to afford it. I saved around $800 by buying it in here...so that is around 500 Euros and perhaps 400(or less) pounds. That is a pretty good deal IMHO.
                    WOAH! I'm impressed.
                    I was about to say 'well, I should go to the US then to get one' but... that's not saving money when you buy a plane ticket!
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Just back from my rehearsal, quick pit-stop before the concert. Really excited about it, I think it's going to sound amazing!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        I shall let you know. Hehe. I'm sure they will

WOAH! I'm impressed.
                        I was about to say 'well, I should go to the US then to get one' but... that's not saving money when you buy a plane ticket!
                        I know...that is a big difference, so I was like now or never...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm slowly coming down from a big sugar high...

Just ate both bunny ears of this cake, which are made of something that tastes like cotton candy..(aka pure sugar)

But it was so worth it!

btw isn't that cake amazing? My co-worker made it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

All these talks about hot cross buns has made me hungry. It doesn't take much to make me hungry. I think I love food to much. *whistles*

And Jann is not helping with that cake! It looks so cool! Your co-worker is good.

Bekki, I approve as well. Good luck! Can't wait to hear more.

Just back from my rehearsal, quick pit-stop before the concert. Really excited about it, I think it's going to sound amazing!
                            Woohoo! Hope it goes well!

Something made me happy today: For the first time of the year, it was hot enough in the house for me to open the windows. All that cool air coming through is refreshing!
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Hope the concert goes well Josi

Jann, you ate that poor bunny's ears?

A bit of silliness......

Last edited by Jumble; 22 April 2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

*giggles*
                                You guys said 'buns'...

*hugs WooHoos*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X