The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi WooHoos!!!

Just wanted to make a little announcement about the Shipper Rewatch over on the discussion thread (Martin comments always welcome ).

Shipper Rewatch Seasons 9 & 10
    Call for Write-ups

We'll be doing something a little different for the last two seasons. Because of RDA’s departure there is very little Sam/Jack shippy goodness to discuss in these episodes.

So we have selected the following episodes for rewatch and full review:

S9:
    Avalon 1 and 2
    Origin
    Beachhead
    Ex Deus Machina
    Ripple Effect

S10:
    Uninvited
    The Quest 1 and 2
    Line in the Sand
    Road Not Taken
    The Shroud
    Bounty
    Bad Guys
    Unending

If there is interest we will also do a Sam in Atlantis discussion and end with Continuum.

We’ll be starting after Easter (April 24), and I'll be putting the schedule together shortly. If you’re interested in doing a write-up of any of these episodes, even just one, please PM me! Let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. And if there’s an episode you would like to review that is not on the list just let me know and I’ll be happy to add it. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
      Third day in-a-row here. Where is all that courage coming from?
      It's the broccoli

Thanks for the banner Jumble. I'd green you but GW seems to think I've done it too much recently, so you'll have to leave with hugs only! ;D *huggles Jumble*
      I'll take huggles over green any day *huggles back*

That's awesome! I read the post!. It looks like things are going well for them. It makes me happy. ^^

I hear ya!

I wanted to save up to go to Dragon Con in September, so I would finally get to meet Amanda. (And there are a few cool Star Trek peeps that will be there too!) It's around my birthday also (The Con is September 2-5, my Birthday is September 9th.), so it'd be a nice gift from myself to myself. But with a set tour coming in the auction, I don't know.

I know the things go for a lot of money, and I'd actually have to fly to Vancouver also, but I'd get to meet a lot of people from Sanctuary and have an amazing experience. Plus, it's in the summer, so I could maybe turn it into a short vacation. I don't know what I want to do... I guess I'll see when the auction starts. *sighs*
      I'm seriously thinking about it and frantically doing sums..........

Jann's right. Being young is unfair, fandom-wise. ;P

*huggles Chemmy* Take care of yourself and feel better soon.
      That's awesome. And the picture is beautiful.

*has a giggle fit*

Probably. ;P

I'm a righty and you don't EVER want to see me even TRY to do something with my left hand. It'll end up disastrous. Hahaha!
      That's where we lefties have the edge, we HAVE to do some things right-handed, so we end up ambidextrous

Really? Hey, we can also learn things aroung here. ;D

Congrats!
      *throws confettis in the air*
      Be careful! You don't want to say anything too serious - you know what happens when we do that?

You know, it always kinda ticks me off when Seasons 9 & 10 of SG1 get ignored just because RDA left. I find it extremely insulting to the rest of the cast and crew Yes, I know the Rewatch is predominantly done from the shipper's point of view, but there are a lot of non-shippy eps S1-S8 that still get discussed.

That's just how I feel about it *shrugs*

Comment

Hi again kids!!

*hugs old pals*

Just dropping off another chapter of Going Under for anyone who's following
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5925031/7/Going_Under

Hope you like it

Miss you guys *hugs*
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Quiet in here today....... Josiane still in Spain is she?

Been playing with Martin....

Last edited by Jumble; 05 April 2011, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            You know, it always kinda ticks me off when Seasons 9 & 10 of SG1 get ignored just because RDA left. I find it extremely insulting to the rest of the cast and crew Yes, I know the Rewatch is predominantly done from the shipper's point of view, but there are a lot of non-shippy eps S1-S8 that still get discussed.

That's just how I feel about it *shrugs*
            Hmm...yes and no...I actually don't like S9 and S10 for other reasons...I actually like S10 better than S9, but I just didn't like the way they went at the beginning of S9. I don't like the Ori and I really tried to like them, but I failed. They had great potential to be a big villain and play back in a way on the religious issues in our world, but in the end it was just not that...awesome.
            Also the fact that the Goa'uld were all of a sudden so easily away didn't appeal to me either. I would have liked to see the storyline go more fluent from S8 to S9...plus the end of S9 ticked me off because it is Stargate and not Starship .

So my issues have nothing to do with RDA...I like Bubu..he's hot and all that jazz...I just didn't like the general storyline and how it was thrown into my face

Anyway...too serious so early in the morning(and already bored at work )

Oh and I read on FB that Josi was just leaving Spain...I think.
            sigpic

Comment

She's not leaving Spain, just moving to a different area - Madrid

Yeah, we've all got our views on S9 and 10. S10 was generally better than S9 I think, but there were some good eps in both. I really liked Arthur's Mantle, Crusade, Camelot, Collateral Damage, Unending (yes, I dare say that ), 200 and Ex Deus Machina.

I think the problem with the Ori arc was that it practially took over and left no room for enough of the stand alone eps were were used to getting.

Um........ no GW, that's not a serious discussion, honest!

*does a groovy happy dance with an extra shimmy at the end*

Comment

Ahh misunderstood that...my brain is still waking up.

Of course there are good episodes, but yes it took over without a good introduction I think and that is what kept bugging people till the end of S10.
                As for Unending; I like it, but I like Continuum better as a series ender

*blinks*

Yes this ain't serious at all!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh of course, Continuum was a brilliant way to finish the series. Absolutely loved everything about it, even Jack being killed

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Oh of course, Continuum was a brilliant way to finish the series. Absolutely loved everything about it, even Jack being killed
                    *slaps* but he was alive in the end...together with Bubu

Major Wood didn't even make an appearance...right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      They'll say to wait till Jann has the money to buy it
                      I'm sure they wood!

BTW, for those considering the set tour, a little information for you. The tours have been won for amounts ranging from $8,500.00 to $15,000.00.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        *slaps* but he was alive in the end...together with Bubu

Major Wood didn't even make an appearance...right?
                        Shame on you Jann!!!! Major Wood was with O'Neill in the Arctic - he even SPOKE!!!!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I'm sure they wood!

BTW, for those considering the set tour, a little information for you. The tours have been won for amounts ranging from $8,500.00 to $15,000.00.
                        Oh don't go bursting my bubble EH-T I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the lower to middle of that range

Comment

Morning WooHoo's!

Char had another job interview yesterday so we'll see what happens.
                          Dad had a port put in because his veins are all collapsed so it's the only way they can do what needs to be done. Now he is just waiting for them to set up his first chemo appointment.

I misses uz WooHoos!

*huggles*
                          Bree

BTW- I LOVE AMANDA TAPPING!
                          It needed to be said.
                          sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*

Ok, dream hats on people! I've had 2 nights of woohoo related dreams and I need answers

Dream One

Spoiler:
                            This dream was set in the jungle. It was some kind of AT6 convention, but it was also like some frightening high school retreat. We were all there, and Martin was there too, I think, and there was a woman there (a fan, but not a woohoo) who was trying to kill us all off, one by one. The only other thing I remember was that Jumble had a collection of all my crafty stuff and was showing Amanda. Amanda was impressed sometimes and humouring me others. I don't think the serial killer actually got around to killing any of us

Dream Two (this one is MUCH more odd!)
                            Spoiler:
                            I was in a band competition with...some group of people and through the competition, I realised they were some kind of crime mob. I tried to escape them, but I was essential to their plans, so they wouldn't let me go. eventually, I convinced them that I had to go to uni and they let me go. I ran far far away and found a little cottage to rest in. I fell asleep and was woken up by LJ's hubby and Lizzie, who found me and took me back to LJ and Nate, who was also in the band with me. LJ looked after me and Nate (I think he was sick or something) and we all ran away together.

...so...apparently LJ is...what? My new mum? *shrugs* *huggles LJ*

Anyone care to work those out? I'm very excited that I had two woohoo dreams consecutively

*huggles everyone*

*sends love to Bree and the family*

Edit: AND you're online! It's a sign!!! *huggles LJ*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                              Morning WooHoo's!

Char had another job interview yesterday so we'll see what happens.
                              Dad had a port put in because his veins are all collapsed so it's the only way they can do what needs to be done. Now he is just waiting for them to set up his first chemo appointment.

I misses uz WooHoos!

*huggles*
                              Bree

BTW- I LOVE AMANDA TAPPING!
                              It needed to be said.
                              Sending more hugs and good luck job vibes.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*waves to Bree* We miss you too *huggles*

*still keeping fingers crossed for Dad*

Bekki, I'm no good at interpreting dreams - that's your forte - but one thing did jump out at me in the first one:

"And Martin was there too, I think" ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X