• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Leo!
    Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    oh, and Leo -
    Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *giggles* Martin with a mustache...so wrong! Hihi...
    Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

What? What's so funny? I thought you guys thought the beard was sexy not funny
    I can't take credit for that pic though, I found it on mgm's website.

I spent hours working on the store website and in 20 minutes my boss (almost 70) made me feel completely inadequate. He likes the web site but he feels that the Internet is a waste of time and doesn't really work. Did I mention he is almost 70, very old school. He spends thousands on ads in newspapers that no one reads but I get feedback from the website that shows it is working. Trying to make him understand that is next to impossible so the hours I spend (much of it hand-coding) until my back and shoulders ache, not to mention carpel tunnel, are reduced to a 2o minute session of looking over my shoulder and making me feel like I should be doing anything but this. His daughter, my other boss, who is close to my age does everything via Internet and wants me to do it so I am constantly stuck between doing what each expects and always coming up short because if I please one then the other thinks I am wasting time, money etc.. and vice versa. No wonder I get constant headaches.
    Sorry. That was a bit of a rant wasn't it?
    *huggles Bree* That sucks!
    sigpic

Comment

*waves to Bree, MoB and Jann*

Been making some challenge art, trying other people's styles.....

Comment

Love the artwork Jumble.

Trying to decide if a run will bump be up or kill me today, lol.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
          Love the artwork Jumble.

Trying to decide if a run will bump be up or kill me today, lol.
          Thanks

I'm trying to decide if I should keep fighting this cold or give in and go to bed

Comment

Bed
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Bed
              I think you're right

*grabs SGA dvds and toddles off*

Comment

*sigh*
                ... cranky old men with post hospital blues...
                I know my dad is hurting and miserable. I do.

That's why I'm still smilng politely.

*hugs WooHoos*

Love the artwork, Jumble!

*hugs WooHoos*
                *hugs PTB*
                *even Martin with odd facial hair *
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Hello all. Just wondering in to see what's happening. Been quiet on the board in recent days. Just a little chatter. And I have very little to add. Think I'll go off and take a shower. My tax returns should be here today. Hoping for a refund... Yes I know I technically have no income, but I have my rental property and Calif now takes money out then (hopefully) gives it back if you don't owe anything! Need to get that in before I get an IOU from them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Well today was better, but still this week is not proving to be all that fandabidosi Oh well, a week tomorrow I'm off on holiday, thank goodness!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                    *iz home*

*huggles the woohoos so so tightly with so so much love*

(showed my family all the pics that I snurched from AT5, and of Bekkidoll and the pretty woohoo photo. They were totally excited )
                    Awesome *huggles*

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                    That's just wrong

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                    Useful? Work? Can the two coexist? I spent hours working on the store website and in 20 minutes my boss (almost 70) made me feel completely inadequate. He likes the web site but he feels that the Internet is a waste of time and doesn't really work. Did I mention he is almost 70, very old school. He spends thousands on ads in newspapers that no one reads but I get feedback from the website that shows it is working. Trying to make him understand that is next to impossible so the hours I spend (much of it hand-coding) until my back and shoulders ache, not to mention carpel tunnel, are reduced to a 2o minute session of looking over my shoulder and making me feel like I should be doing anything but this. His daughter, my other boss, who is close to my age does everything via Internet and wants me to do it so I am constantly stuck between doing what each expects and always coming up short because if I please one then the other thinks I am wasting time, money etc.. and vice versa. No wonder I get constant headaches.
                    Sorry. That was a bit of a rant wasn't it?

Anyway, have a sparkling day Woohoo's
                    *hugs* That's a very difficult position to be in, and if your concrete feedback that what you do on the website has an effect won't convince him then I'm guessing nothing will. I guess just concentrate on the fact that you know the effort you put in is worth it, and appreciated by your other boss, and try not to let his dinosaur attitude make you feel in adequate. It's him, not you

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Thanks

I'm trying to decide if I should keep fighting this cold or give in and go to bed
                    I vote bed too. *huggles* Hope it goes away soon!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    *sigh*
                    ... cranky old men with post hospital blues...
                    I know my dad is hurting and miserable. I do.

That's why I'm still smilng politely.

*hugs WooHoos*

Love the artwork, Jumble!

*hugs WooHoos*
                    *hugs PTB*
                    *even Martin with odd facial hair *
                    And *hugs you too*.
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Hello all. Just wondering in to see what's happening. Been quiet on the board in recent days. Just a little chatter. And I have very little to add. Think I'll go off and take a shower. My tax returns should be here today. Hoping for a refund... Yes I know I technically have no income, but I have my rental property and Calif now takes money out then (hopefully) gives it back if you don't owe anything! Need to get that in before I get an IOU from them.
                      My taxes have been pretty easy the past few years. I even used TaxAct online to do mine. That program is very easy to use. I got a refund and had them direct deposit it into my checking account. Saved time in having them mail me a check.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Evening Woohoos

Well today was better, but still this week is not proving to be all that fandabidosi Oh well, a week tomorrow I'm off on holiday, thank goodness!
                        *hugs* Blegh.

It's about time the world eases up on the WooHoos. I think it's jealous.

Now, someone please tell Neil Diamond to stop singing in my head?
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          *hugs* Blegh.

It's about time the world eases up on the WooHoos. I think it's jealous.

Now, someone please tell Neil Diamond to stop singing in my head?
                          I hope so. *Huggles all woohoos. Nekkid*

Should I be glad I don't know who Neil Diamond is?
                          sigpic

Comment

You must be very young. He's a rather famous singer/songwriter from the 60's and 70's.

Comment

That totally depends on your take on music.
                              If you love slightly corny oldies, he's awesome. If you don't then yes, you could be glad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                You must be very young. He's a rather famous singer/songwriter from the 60's and 70's.
                                Hey... I consder myself to be very young too!

Although must say that I was born in time to still have listened to LP's while growing up...
                                I just found my parents' record collection again and realised we need a new player for them. *nods*
                                Last edited by DutchIndeed; 22 March 2011, 01:44 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X