• Show
Clear All

*hugs WooHoos*
    *hugs PTB*
    *hugs Spencer*

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    *flops in*

*huggles everyone*

Long, frustrating, first day back. Patients are lovely. But you know something is wrong when a young lady who barely speaks any English says (in the middle of her pap smear, after her husband leaves the room) "excuse me miss. Mother, sisters, friends in Bangladesh. Here, no one." She literally got to the USA, got pregnant immediately, and has no friends and no family here other than her husband. The social worker and I tried to talk to the husband about the importance of her making female friends, especially given her concern, but I don't know. I feel so helpless and frustrated in these cases, and this happens more frequently than you'd imagine. /rantish

Fighting travel-crud, getting ready for a long day in the labor room tomorrow.

On the upside, I did get a long weekend approved to go to LA in April. Woo!

Downside, my boss is trying to renege on our agreement which is what kept me from leaving the practice in Decemeber. *sigh*

Trying really hard to keep the positivity going and focus on making the world safer for my mamas and babies...
    *hugs*
    You have an amazing job, though.

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Still, I seriously dislike the fact that the nurses indeed let those people bring in a sick kid! Ugh.
    Not only the nurses, but the parents (?) as well. you'd think it's common sense?

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *huggles everyone* Feel the love, love the love, love the feel! (that one didn't come out right...)
    I do think it's important to love the feel. *nods*

Just spent 20 minutes talking to an AUSstar (pay tv) guy who came to our door, trying to sell. It was the most hilarious thing in the universe. we kept saying no, but he kept on talking so we offered him some lollies and tried to haggle for free ausstar. I tap danced for him and my housemates sang, then we tried to make an agreement whereby he paid our rent and we got Ausstar and fed him sometimes, he didn't go for that. It was the funniest thing I tihnk i've ever done.

Eventually though, we convinced him to go away and then burst out laughing as soon as he left...i think he left me his phone number...

And on the bolded... I bet that's for when you change your mind.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Morning WooHoos! I overslept... but that's probably a good thing.

*huggles MoB* I'm sorry your first day back was so frustrating. I hope this lady can get some female friends I hope you feel better soon. You do have an amazing job, like Nad says.

I'm glad you said something, Jann, and things are being cleaned! *huggles*
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*waves*

Morning!

Thank you for the kind words ladies. Some of the situations my ladies are in just break me. Bekki, if you could see my insides (yum!) you'd see just how non-zen I can be!

Off to the labor room for 12 hours today. Should be interesting!

*hugs in hazmat suit* (travel crud)
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I mentioned it to my nurses...and since the kid also went to the bathroom in here I asked them to clean the bathroom...and a lady just walked in to do exactly that! (She's also cleaning the rest of the room now; nice!

Still, I seriously dislike the fact that the nurses indeed let those people bring in a sick kid! Ugh.

*huggles MoB* Cases like that are insane and sad.
          Well done Jann You'll soon be back home being cosseted by your Mom and Dad

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          *bum scoots into the thread*

*huggles Jann for icky sickness and icky sicky kidlets* But the parents will be there soon, right? That always helps? (or are they there already?)

*huggles MoB for work hassles* Poobags situations are poobags But it's still so super inspiring how zen you are about your job!

*huggles everyone* Feel the love, love the love, love the feel! (that one didn't come out right...)

Just spent 20 minutes talking to an AUSstar (pay tv) guy who came to our door, trying to sell. It was the most hilarious thing in the universe. we kept saying no, but he kept on talking so we offered him some lollies and tried to haggle for free ausstar. I tap danced for him and my housemates sang, then we tried to make an agreement whereby he paid our rent and we got Ausstar and fed him sometimes, he didn't go for that. It was the funniest thing I tihnk i've ever done.

Eventually though, we convinced him to go away and then burst out laughing as soon as he left...i think he left me his phone number...
          I wood so love to have seen that

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *hugs WooHoos*
          *hugs PTB*
          *hugs Spencer*

*hugs*
          You have an amazing job, though.

Not only the nurses, but the parents (?) as well. you'd think it's common sense?
          You wood Particularly since they were visiting, presumably, a sick family member and they were also being put at risk

I do think it's important to love the feel. *nods*
          Definitely!

And on the bolded... I bet that's for when you change your mind.
          Change her mind about the AUSstar or about the guy?

Hope you have a better day MoB *hugs*

I slept really well last night, which I guess was a good trade-off for the night before's total lack of sleep

Comment

Morning WooHoo's

First things first. Char and I have been sick since since last week. She got it first (from our landlady) and then gave it to me. It's one of those virus things where you feel like you are going to cough up a lung and your body hurts so bad that you woodn't care if you did. yeah. One of those. *huggles Sarai* Sounds like you are having the same fun I am.

Second: Char did not get the job. She has an interview for another job on March 2 and has applied for two other jobs (one in Disney, which I already mentioned), the Disney ap was just a lark since there isn't a snowballs chance in you know where that she'll get it but why not apply? So now Char is back to feeling down and depressed as opposed to hopeful so the merry-go-round keeps spinning.

Now onto thread stuff. It's been awhile and I am about to start working so I only caught up to page 2605 so if i miss something I apologise. I also apologise for bad spelling. No spell check here.

Jumble: How is your knee?
            *huggles* Jann, Josi, Wendy, Bekki, Cags

Nikki *hugs* The migraines suck big time but at least now I know what they are and I will see a neurologist if ever we get health insurance again. We had to drop COBRA. Just could not afford it anymore. We prefer to pay the rent.
            I have no choice but to work with my migraines. Fortunatlt, I have never had memory lapses or speech problems. I do have trouble concentrating and my hands and face get numb but that is as bad as it's gotten thus far.

Josi: Love the Amanda sigs. she's so awesome and beautiful and awesome and...*sigh*

Congratulations Laurie!

*hugs EH-T for the bad news*

BTW- This is a 69 post so there is a little something to celebrate.

Have a sparkling day WooHoo's!

P.S. I LOVE AMANDA TAPPING!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Aw, shame about the job Bree, but at least she has others to go for and one of them could be THE one

*huggles you both for ickyness*

My knee is much better thanks, and the shoulder is getting better - currently changing from purple to yellow

Had a Virgin guy here earlier. Er...... I mean there was an engineer from Virgin Media here earlier, installing the new Super Hub. I saw him keep lookng at the pics on the wall and eventually he asked me "Who is that?". So I told him, and he'd actually heard of Sanctuary! So then he got the full story about TSE and the Set Tour and how awesome Martin is

I should put a warning on the door - "If you don't have an hour to spare, don't ask about the pictures on my kitchen wall!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/69%20new%20banners/Bree-amanda.jpg

Aw, shame about the job Bree, but at least she has others to go for and one of them could be THE one

*huggles you both for ickyness*

My knee is much better thanks, and the shoulder is getting better - currently changing from purple to yellow

Had a Virgin guy here earlier. Er...... I mean there was an engineer from Virgin Media here earlier, installing the new Super Hub. I saw him keep lookng at the pics on the wall and eventually he asked me "Who is that?". So I told him, and he'd actually heard of Sanctuary! So then he got the full story about TSE and the Set Tour and how awesome Martin is

I should put a warning on the door - "If you don't have an hour to spare, don't ask about the pictures on my kitchen wall!"
                *huggles for shoulder* Ow!

Aw! Love the new banner. Thank you Jumble. Amanda's WooHoo *sigh* Wonder if I will ever actually get to meet her? Gotta keep hoping but feeling a little blue today.

Disney wood be the dream job but she's keeping her sights closer to home. It gets discouraging for her to keep getting rejected and in a couple of cases they just don't bother to let people know if they don't get the job. How hard is it to send an email?

Love the idea for a warning sign

Must get back to work now. I do so love sneaking in for a bit.
                sigpic

Comment

Evening all

Jann, I completely sympathise, how utterly inconsiderate of them Your parents are coming today, right? Bet you can't wait to see them, or to get home and be looked after *careful squishy huggles*

MoB, *huggles* for the travel-crud and the tough day

Bekki, You and your housemates are officially awesome

Bree, sorry you and Char are sick and sorry Char didn't get the job Fingers crossed for the other one and huggles to you both (through the hazmat )

Jumble, poor Virgin Media guy I think you really do need that sign though And glad your knee and shoulder are improving!

*huggles to everyone*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Dropping by while eating a quick lunch. 7 more hrs to go! At least the chaos is fairly controlled today. *knock wood*

*huggles Bree & Char*

LOL abt media guy Jumble. Gotta spread the love!!

And back I go. Not sure if this baby's gonna get caught on my watch today, tho I am forever the optimist, so here's hoping.

*squeezes woohoos*
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Evening all Less sicky today but keep coughing like I'm about to bring up a lung. I iz so pretty

Just got back from the dentist in my first trip for about 7 years (I know, that's some mad procrastination skills). Anyhoo, not too bad. Couple of small fillings probably and got some xrays done so fingers crossed everythings healthy

*squishy huggles for Bree & Char* for being sick and for the job situation. I'm crossing everything that Char finds her perfect job soon. Wishing the both of you the absolute best

*huggles MoB* for super long day

Jumble and Bekki and Jumble, got your PM - AMAZING !

Jann so glad your parents are over now and you stuck up for yourself about the toddler. Shame on those parents.

Spent all evening last night doing Noms for the AA's, going to try and finish now. I'm my own worst enemy since it's me that is always asking people to not submit to many

Comment

*taps nervously*

Mom and Dad will land within the hour(or now! ) I'm really nervous to see them again after 7 months!!! Also made some progress today...this morning for the first time something to eat(soup) and got to hear from my doctor just before lunch that I could have solid food so now eating some soup for lunch with an apple(didn't feel like a sandwich)

*huggles Char and Bree* I hope Char finds a job soon! It's for everyone hard to find a job these days...sadly enough

Sarai...and everyone else; I'm glad I mentioned it. It's just not right, but I haven't seen the kid today!

Now back to being a nervous wreck

EDIT: Things keep looking up...because I complained about my err...roommate(loud/sick guests/annoying) my surgeon found me a new ...private...room
                        Last edited by starlover; 23 February 2011, 09:51 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                          Evening all Less sicky today but keep coughing like I'm about to bring up a lung. I iz so pretty
                          *hugs* Glad you're on the mend

Spent all evening last night doing Noms for the AA's, going to try and finish now. I'm my own worst enemy since it's me that is always asking people to not submit to many
                          *iz not thinking about the very lengthy email she sent last night*

*taps nervously*

Mom and Dad will land within the hour(or now! ) I'm really nervous to see them again after 7 months!!! Also made some progress today...this morning for the first time something to eat(soup) and got to hear from my doctor just before lunch that I could have solid food so now eating some soup for lunch with an apple(didn't feel like a sandwich)
                          *hugs* Glad you're on the mend too! Bet your parents are just as nervous as you about seeing you again
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                            *huggles for shoulder* Ow!

Aw! Love the new banner. Thank you Jumble. Amanda's WooHoo *sigh* Wonder if I will ever actually get to meet her? Gotta keep hoping but feeling a little blue today.
                            You WILL get to meet her! You have to Keep your chin up and think positive, it really does help

Disney wood be the dream job but she's keeping her sights closer to home. It gets discouraging for her to keep getting rejected and in a couple of cases they just don't bother to let people know if they don't get the job. How hard is it to send an email?
                            I know, it's just bloody rude

Love the idea for a warning sign

Must get back to work now. I do so love sneaking in for a bit.
                            Yes, I think a warning is only fair - I do tend to ramble on that particular subject

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Evening all

Jann, I completely sympathise, how utterly inconsiderate of them. Your parents are coming today, right? Bet you can't wait to see them, or to get home and be looked after *careful squishy huggles*

MoB, *huggles* for the travel-crud and the tough day

Bekki, You and your housemates are officially awesome

Bree, sorry you and Char are sick and sorry Char didn't get the job Fingers crossed for the other one and huggles to you both (through the hazmat )

Jumble, poor Virgin Media guy. I think you really do need that sign though And glad your knee and shoulder are improving!

*huggles to everyone*
                            Oh don't feel sorry for him, he went away seriously considering getting the dvds

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Just got back from the dentist in my first trip for about 7 years (I know, that's some mad procrastination skills). Anyhoo, not too bad. Couple of small fillings probably and got some xrays done so fingers crossed everythings healthy

*squishy huggles for Bree & Char* for being sick and for the job situation. I'm crossing everything that Char finds her perfect job soon. Wishing the both of you the absolute best

*huggles MoB* for super long day

Jumble and Bekki and Jumble, got your PM - AMAZING !
                            Thanks

Glad you're feeling better, but take it easy for a couple more days to make sure you're really over it *huggles*

*taps nervously*

*huggles Char and Bree* I hope Char finds a job soon! It's for everyone hard to find a job these days...sadly enough

Sarai...and everyone else; I'm glad I mentioned it. It's just not right, but I haven't seen the kid today!

Now back to being a nervous wreck
                            They'll just be so relieved to see you and you them that your nervousness will soon be gone

EDIT: Things keep looking up...because I complained about my err...roommate(loud/sick guests/annoying) my surgeon found me a new ...private...room
                            Good! See? Drawing attention to your situation was the right thing to do

Comment

Hello Amanda's WooHooers. I met a few of you there at AT5 and it was a treat. I hope to see you all again and to met more of you in the future.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *hugs* Glad you're on the mend
                                *hugs back* thanks

*iz not thinking about the very lengthy email she sent last night*

*hugs Jumble* Thanks to you to and I will

Welcome kthomassg!! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X